Old Ones and Eldar Gods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old Ones and Eldar Gods

I saw the debate developing in the thread "Dark Eldar and Eldar relations with each other" and decided to make a thread so it could continue.

I've also been wondering what exactly the eldar gods are and what their relationship with the Old Ones could have been.

I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that the laughing god is actually the C'tan deciever, but other than that, im not sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chaos munk
    I'm pretty sure that the laughing god is actually the C'tan deciever, but other than that, im not sure.

??? Where do you get this from? That makes no sense to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loestal
    ??? Where do you get this from? That makes no sense to me.
    He got it from the imagination of rumor mongers. There is absolutely no credence to this idea and has been discussed ad nauseum. If you do a search for it on this site your computer will crash from all the topics that will appear suddenly.

The relation between the Old Ones and the eldar Gods is that the Old Ones encouraged the Eldar to utilize the full potential of their unusually strong link with the Warp to create unimaginably powerful sentient weapons to fight the millenia long war with the C'tan and Necrons. But without the guidance of the Old Ones, who were very weak at the time, the weapons became full fledged Gods and were worshipped as such.

Somehow Khaine defeating the Nightbringer (Khaelis Ra) caused Khorne to be encased in silver armor which was not broken until Slaanesh's birth scream which Khorne, in his divine fury, tried to suppress (I know this must sound incredibly far fetched...)
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by chaos munk
    The Laughing God is a warp entity who locked himself inside the Eldar Webway. The C'Tan Deciever, not being a warp entity, cannot possibly be the Laughing God of the Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its plausible that on occasion the Deceiver may of impersonated the Laughing God or even Vice Versa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but it isn't. The Eldar gods have at least some connection to the warp but the c'tan don't. The deceiver cannot be the Laughing God. Besides, if he was then the eldar would be dead.

Does anyone have any info on Eldanesh or other ancient heroes, i can't find any.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Deceiver can appear in humanoid form as can the Laughing God

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by deversnik
    The Deceiver can appear in humanoid form as can the Laughing God
    That is correct, but no psychic individual would ever confuse the two since, as The Imperator Numen said, the Deceiver has no warp presence whatsoever, while the Laughing God is almost nothing but warp presence. The Eldar, members of one of the most psychically potent races in the galaxy, would certainly never have been fooled by the Deceiver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperator Numen
    Does anyone have any info on Eldanesh or other ancient heroes, i can't find any.
    The legend of Eldanesh is quite a long one, if I remember correctly, and some of it is mentioned in the Eldar’s Index Xenos article. I don’t know if you’ve read it, but I’ll try to recall it in case you haven’t.

Eldanesh is rumoured to be one of the very first Eldar, a direct descendent of the Gods Isha and Kurnous. The Eldar had at this time been banished to the Mortal Lands by the king of the Gods, Asuryan, to protect them from Khaine who wanted them all slain in an attempt to prevent an omen of his death by Eldar hands from coming true. Isha and Kurnous, however, were dismayed at being away from their children, the Eldar, and secretly sought contact with them through the Spirit Stones formed from the tears of Isha.

They were discovered by Khaine to have gone against the rulings of Asuryan which forbade all contact between the Eldar and their Gods, and as punishment Isha and Kurnous were given over to Khaine to do with as he pleased.

Vaul, another Eldar God, feared what Khaine might do to his siblings Isha and Kurnous and struck a deal with him; in return for their lives Vaul would make Khaine a thousand magical swords within a year. But although he worked all year, Vaul did not manage to finish the final sword come the day they were due. Instead he hid an ordinary sword among the rest and gave the lot to Khaine in return for his siblings. When Khaine discovered the false sword, he chained Vaul to his own anvil as punishment.

Vaul, however, was not intent on giving up his freedom and secretly finished his last enchanted sword, giving it to the mortal hero Eldanesh to use against Khaine. Falcon retrieved Vaul’s sword and passed it on to Eldanesh (according to Games Workshop, this principle of deliverance is behind the design of the Falcon grav-tank.) Unfortunately, Eldanesh was then killed by Khaine rather messily. Asuryan, however, was so appalled at Khaine’s actions that he cursed Khaine so that his hands will eternally drip with the blood of Eldanesh for everyone too see, and that’s why Khaine now bears the title ‘The Bloody-Handed’.

That’s all I can remember about Eldanesh at the moment. I’ll have a look through my books and Codices to see if there’s anything else to find, though.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im pretty sure it was Aldenesh rather than Eldanesh. Eldanesh and Ulthanesh were twins who could summon the Eldar Gods to the mortal plane.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast