Kharn, something's wrong - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Kharn, something's wrong

I knew I could get some attention with this title.

As i was reading the index astarte on the World Eater chapter, I read a small flavour text eplaining the betrayal of Kharn. Now, my question is this one :

How does Kharn move from a planet to an other ? If you know that he will go berzerk and kill everybody, friend or foe alike, how can you sincerely think about bringing him on your ship ?

In fact, how can someone could think of carrying any World Eaters Marine on his ship ? They will definitly go berzerk and kill everything.

I know there's a lot of strange things in 40K universe (flying / wall climbing chaos hounds ?), but this one is pretty strange. I can understand how you can carry Plague Marines sealed in Zip Lock, or Noise Marine by using efficient earplugs. But the Berzerkers case is a more delicate matter.

What do you think ?

MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

They are probably transported in the same way as over active rottweilers, lock them in a cage and make sure nobody comes near them.
    Last edited by Lady Bastet; October 28th, 2005 at 04:17.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreachon
    THey are probasly transpoirted in the same way as over actieve rottweilers, lock them in a cage and make sure nobody comes near them.
    To further add an example: Chaos dreadnoughts are also chained whenever they are not fighting. Occasionally one breaks free, and destroys everything in sight. What I want to know is how someone forces kharn into a cage. Beats me. I think you would have to kill him first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

two words .......padded ........cells. just kidding. but seriously,i think that the overpowering force of chaos keeps them busy while on the ships, through hallucinations. thats just what i think.
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

While khorne warriors are dedicated to fighting and bloodlust, I think in between fighting (a.k.a. when going from battlezone to battlezone) they become somewhat calm. You know so they can get to their next fight without killing each other for five minutes.

While he is far from being above a line warrior, I'd bet that when Kharn cannot find any enemies to fight (his little blood frenzy comes to an end, an eternity after it began) he becomes somewhat more docile until he can put his weapons into another enemy. They aren't all mindless killers, just whenever they get pointed at an enemy for them to kill, though I am not saying that when they arent killing they are any better to be around...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

With regards to transporting Kharn, I think that possibly the most terrifying and dangerous thing about him, is he isn't a mindless berserker, he might enjoy the slaughter, but he is in full control of his faculties, unlike the majority of Khorne's followers. In that case, Kharn would have the ability to be, if not friendly, then at least not homicidal to everyone he meets, IF he has a reason not to - such as transport
    As for the rest of them...cages are fun ^_^
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Believe it or not most WE are not completely berserk all the time. Yes, if you mention battle or anything about it they will start to get that itch. Most WE are transported like any other marines, only ur gonna need quite a few slaves to satisfy their bloodlust and tide them over (kinda like a snack before the banquet) on the way to the next battle field. Yes there would be some that are so fully into khorne's embrace and would need to be chained up 24-7. WE have their own ships you know. Yes, Some are rogues that hitch-hike from world to world, but some WE fleets can be the size of space marine chapters or bigger, though these are very rare. But even Kharn is not so crazy that he can't make concious decisions. There was a short story about him in one of the black library books. He can distinguish frend from foe, he just doesn't care or see any reason not to kill them when he is gripped with the rage, after all "Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows..." "All that matters is that it flows..."

So in summary, all WE turn into bloodcrazy mad frothing lunatics, but after the battle they calm down a bit (if u can call it calm to kill a couple slaves every day), if all WE were unable to control themselves ever (at least a bit when there is no one left to kill) then they would always attack each other after the battle, leaving no WE left at all after a very short period of time.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Personally I think the blood frenzy is triggered by the adrenaline rush of battle, once things calm down a bit the body stops producing adrenaline and they calm down enough to a calmer (probably easily provoked though) mood.
    Last edited by Kaiser; October 27th, 2005 at 19:03.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -52 (x0)

I think kharn is probably doped up between fights or something... at the same time, remember the fact that in the fluff, the other chaos boys were afraid of going on and everything was froze, he just ***** slapped them into working order... bunch of mother fethers...
    "Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you're in favor of free speech, then you're in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise. Otherwise, you're not in favor of free speech."
    youve been legal pwned

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Since I don't play w/ Kharn I haven't really thought of his fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickebeebon
    two words .......padded ........cells. just kidding. but seriously,i think that the overpowering force of chaos keeps them busy while on the ships, through hallucinations. thats just what i think.
    I could see the use of hallucinations w/ Slaanesh, but it is more difficult with Khorne. I don't think Khorne would try and deceive his followers in this way, rather, he is a god with a very simple and direct agenda- KILL..KILL...KILL. Khorne seems almost like a bully in certain respects, and bullies don't try and skirt the subject with false notions or hallucinations, rather they go head on at a problem. If Kharn is being stubborn, and does not want to get on a transport, I could see a daemon prince coming over and simply kicking him into the transport. It is a little harder for me to believe that a daemon prince would encourage Kharn with hallucinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickebeebon
    With regards to transporting Kharn, I think that possibly the most terrifying and dangerous thing about him, is he isn't a mindless berserker, he might enjoy the slaughter, but he is in full control of his faculties, unlike the majority of Khorne's followers. In that case, Kharn would have the ability to be, if not friendly, then at least not homicidal to everyone he meets, IF he has a reason not to - such as transport
    Yes, yes...seems to make sense. After all, a calculated killer is more terrifying than a rampaging lunatic and harder to predict (more chaotic). You've got a good brain on you mpdscott- nice and juicy I'm sure (this goes for you too, numberofthebeastxxx & Kaiser). Hat's off to the brains.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast