Developing ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Developing ideas

Okay, I'm deciding on a suitable fluff for my SM Chapter, the Kronos Legion, but I need help!

Fistly, here are my ideas:

Commisioned to garrison the planet of Archimedes
    Geneseed manipulated to extend lifespan (therefore holding the planet for longer)
    Eldar, upon discovering the planet, send a taskforce to investigate.
    The Imperium respond by sending a Imperial Guard force under Inquistor Bastelek Grim to help the Space Marines.
    After a major altercation on the surface between Grim and the Kronos Legion Master, Dionclyes, Grim refuses to help the Legion and moves his forces to the east, still attacking the Eldar.
    Soon, Grim makes a call to the Inquistion to Excommunicate the Kronos Legion, but they refuse on basis of lack of evidence.
    Grim takes matters into his own hands, sending his Guard against the Legion.
    Grim is declared Excommunicate.

I want some ideas as to events etc. that could happen. Anything is good

Last edited by Astral Claw; November 1st, 2005 at 05:51.
    Member of the Anzac Clan!

Official FLUFF MASTER
    PM me for fluff help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

1. YOu can have that planet from me. I don't play on it so what, only make sure you know where it is in universe, so you don't go fight eldar where they don't exist and such.
    2. Geneseed makes you live a long time already, and they are very sharp with manipulating geneseed, in the way: they won't. I could happen, but it won't. Just make them all look very young, and tell no marine has ever died of old life, and some guy in your army is like 2000 year olds and still has his natural hair-color
    3. Kill those Eldar, just make sure that you kill them in the right part of the universe. And specify WHICH eldar.
    4. Like Space Marines can't do it all alone! Just say that Guards got involved too, cause they spotted Eldar too on planets near-by and decided to: go kill them.
    5. Ooh, he's a nasty one. I like those. lol okey, but don't make him go over the top. And put a reason in it, like death of friend, the cool chaplain guy or something.
    6. Inquisitors don't need proof actually... So just let him attack the Marines, and for self-preservation, let the chapter kill him before he could contact, and go kill those guards to do so.
    7. Grim could be declared excommuntate for doing so, kill him

Me like...
    Events that I want to see happen in the army is:
    1. the never-grow old thingy, and suggestions it has to do with geneseed, but never tell for sure. :o
    2. The Death of Grim, I don't like him
    3. Something with cookies.
    sorry for last one... Caffeine, you know that stuff I suppose.
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Claw
    Geneseed manipulated to extend lifespan
    This would be difficult. The only chapter who're know for their huge lifespans are the Blood Angels (Dante is over 1,000), and their geneseed is strictly off-limits for use. Other geneseed couldn't be played with to induce such a characteristic

Do the Imperium have any idea why? The only craftworld I know of that's interested in expansion is Biel-Tan, and they'd send a lot more than a task force. Although it could be Alaitoc and some Rangers, or several other reasons (and craftworlds). Just say why, and which craftworld.

Grim refuses to help the Legion and moves his forces to the east, still attacking the Eldar.
    I thought that destroying the Eldar would be helping the chapter.

Grim is declared Excommunicate.
    This wouldn't happen just to support an SM chapter. Inquisitors can declare whoever they like Extremis Diabolus, and they aren't questioned except by other Inquisitors. In which case, you'd need a reason for Grim to be declared a heretic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    This would be difficult. The only chapter who're know for their huge lifespans are the Blood Angels (Dante is over 1,000), and their geneseed is strictly off-limits for use. Other geneseed couldn't be played with to induce such a characteristic
    Cursed Founding? the Lamenters are believed to be (tampered) Blood Angel stock an exibit none of the conventional traits like Black Rage.
    I still hate Twiglets!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows Coil
    Cursed Founding? the Lamenters are believed to be (tampered) Blood Angel stock an exibit none of the conventional traits like Black Rage.
    But we have no idea whether they are long lived either.

This is likely to be because they don't live out their natural lifespan, because they're cursed.

I also have the same problem with the eldar.. eldar don't wander around the galaxy opposing space marines because it's fun. They fear space marines as much as any rational alien would. To quote dawn of war, 'we fight because we must.' They need to have a reason which pushes them into fighting before they commit their forces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks for all the feedback guys, here are some (revised) ideas

Geneseed manipulated to extend lifespan (therefore holding the planet for longer
    Obviously, this isn't gonna happen. I'll cross that off the list.

I was thinking of something underneath the surface of Archimedes. Something worth the Eldar travelling here to get it.

The Imperium respond by sending a Imperial Guard force under Inquistor Bastelek Grim to help the Space Marines.
    Bastelek Grim would have obviously came to the same conclusion as you guys (that Eldar don't go wandering around for nothing), which would probably be a good enough reason for him to go.

After a major altercation on the surface between Grim and the Kronos Legion Master, Dionycles, Grim refuses to help the Legion and moves his forces to the east, still attacking the Eldar.
    This stays the same, except I think Grim will move to the "thing" that the Eldar are looking for. Oh, and the reason that Grim is annoyed is because his brother (Commander of the Imperial Guard troop with Grim), is killed by vicious Bio-Wolves that he is hunting. Grim blames this on Dionycles, because he refused to send Space Marine guards with him.

Soon, Grim makes a call to the Inquistion to Excommunicate the Kronos Legion, but they refuse on basis of lack of evidence.
    I'll cross this one out.

Grim takes matters into his own hands, sending his Guard against the Legion.
    Now, here are the cool (IMO) bits. When Grim attacks, he is not the man he used to be. His face is a distortred mess of pus-ridden and pock-marked flesh, and out of his forehead he has grown a large horn. His armour is ripped and teared at a dozen different places, out of which pulsating rotten flesh is growing, some of it joining with his armour. Not only this, but it seems his Imperial Guard have been transformed into blood-craving monsters with no sense of tactics or fear. Dionycles, upon seeing the mutated beast, charges him, managing to cut one of his hands off. As he watches, it grows back, but not the same as before, instead into a massive claw with the same traits as the rest of his open flesh. Grim flees the battle, leaving all but his personal guard to die.

Grim is declared Excommunicate
    Well, that's pretty self explanatory after the events of above.

Now, to add something else. The Eldar, upon hearing that the object has been found, retreat, but many are killed. Grim attacks again, now with Eldar zombies and Red Corsairs at his side. He is beaten narrowly, and retreats back to the moons near Archimedes.

That's about all for the moment. Any other criticisms/helpful comments?
    Member of the Anzac Clan!

Official FLUFF MASTER
    PM me for fluff help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What traits does your army have? If any that is....

It sounds like they would be techy, by which I mean they would have Tech marines and an affinity for technology.

First off what Original chapter does yours draw it's geneseed from? Also the incredibly long life span could be more eluded to rather than an outright fact, such as the Chapter master has been around for an unusually long time, which has lead to most of the Imperium believing that the Master nominates a succesor and upon his death he succeeds him leaving behind his entire past, so that it may seem that he is still the same man, but no definitive evidence can be found. But the chapter stil insists that he is long lived.

The planet Archimedes, was (UNKNOWN to the marines) an ancient temple world of the Eldar where much lore and technology was stored, the presence of strange technology may be what drawed the marines to it in the first place. While sendindg reports to the inquisition the inq has gathered this info and discovered what is unknown to the marines, so when they fall under attack they are eager to keep the Eldar from retaking there world and Dispatch grim's unit to aid the Kronos Legion.

Not knowing why, Dionclyes takes the sending of the guard as a personal insult, meaning that the Inq thinks that the Kronos Legion is unfit to guard their own home world!
    So when Grim arrives they refuse to fight along side the guard, and tell grim to take his unit and leave. Grim Responds in an outrage that he drug his men to the far corners of the galaxy to save a bunch of ungrateful mutates. and storms off to set up camp.
    Tensions are now high, but they come to a peak when in the heat of battle the guard and marines are fighting the Eldar and the Kronos Legion picks up and leaves, while grim wins the battle the sudden confusion got many of his men killed including his kid brother who was serving as a junior officer in his unit. Unknown to Grim the battle they were fighting was a diversioon and a much larger Eldar Force was attacking the Fortress monastery, seeing the situation under control Dionclyes took his forces and returned to help his other men defend their most sacred ground.
    In the end Grim goes mad over his brothers death and call the Kronos legion cowards and takes his army and assaults the fortress monastery, reeling from the heavy battle with the Eldar, there is no time to rejoice in victory as they are suddenly attacked by the guard, so Dioniclyes assembles his forces and destroys the guard to a man.
    The chapter suffers heavy losses due to the amount of firepower hurled their way from both the Eldar and the Guard but in the end, Dionclyes and his men stand victorius, and quickly send a message to the Inquisition to tell them of the glorious victory and of the sad betrayal of grim. The Kronos Legion has been loyal all the days of their survice so the Inq trusts them and thinks nothing more of the matter, or rather grim was a mere pawn to serve them and his death along with all his men means nothing to them.

That's my idea anyways hope it helps
    Qui est Mortis? Lol, the rep... neggatized for something... lol that nobody payed attention too... Lol Goodbye all, BTW This is permanent goodbye so save some bandwidth mods delete this account :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Brother Darien's ideas are funky.

I would add then, if the Eldar are trying to recover something, that it's a Maiden World, one that's more or less a utopia, terraformed by the Eldar empire that is just coming to fruition. It would make any Eldar in the area (particularly Biel-Tan) very keen on investigating it. Ulthwé -could- be involved if there are connections to the Webway as well, although they aren't interested in recolonisation.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Darien
    which has lead to most of the Imperium believing that the Master nominates a succesor and upon his death he succeeds him leaving behind his entire past, so that it may seem that he is still the same man, but no definitive evidence can be found. But the chapter stil insists that he is long lived.
    let me guess, they wear purple armour with black faceplates on their helmets, and the official title of the Chapter Master is Mr Walker* ?:tongue: ^_^
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    But we have no idea whether they are long lived either.

This is likely to be because they don't live out their natural lifespan, because they're cursed.

I also have the same problem with the eldar.. eldar don't wander around the galaxy opposing space marines because it's fun. They fear space marines as much as any rational alien would. To quote dawn of war, 'we fight because we must.' They need to have a reason which pushes them into fighting before they commit their forces.
    Not saying it's the case, just giving a possible fluff precident for the Blood Angel geneseed being tweeked.
    I still hate Twiglets!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast