Finally, my LatD fluff:

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +TRANSMITTED: Forgeifan
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +RECEIVED: Stygies
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +DESTINATION: Terra
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +DATE: 2670999.M41
+ + + + + + + + + + +TELEPATHIC DUCT: Astropath Primus Balliol
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + ++ + + + +REF: Inq/90840958940324323432/LA
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +AUTHOR: Inquisitor Menelaus
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +SUBJECT: The cult of the Voice of the Emperor on Forgeifan
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +THOUGHT: The dissident invites only retribution

My lords,

Although I appreciate that your lordships are somewhat strained for resources at present, I most urgently request additional support here on Forgeifan. Following a recent insurrection. I fear for the world's safety, and given Forgeifan's position as a heavy industrial world in this sector, the consequences for the war effort around Cadia, particularly with regard to the Navy's stockpiles on Belis Corona, part of which were serviced by Forgeifan [see separate file Adm/44618984097724985564/GB [attached]]. Should Forgeifan fall, I fear we will give the Despoiler more weapons to use against us in this war.

I write whilst being besieged in the spaceport of Jharkovograd, surrounded on all sides by a force of traitor. It seems the workers in the munitions factories in Jharkovograd and possibly elsewhere are raised in rebellion in the name of the Voice of the Emperor. I was shocked to find out that this contagion had spread from Lelithar and the surrounding Agripanaa sector, and it seems to have taken on a more insidious form here on Forgeifan. I request, nay demand, a force be despatched here without delay to stop what could rise to be a grave threat for the whole sector.

The cult started out, as many did, decrying the Imperial policy regarding the Plague of Unbelief. Although this in itself is an offence worthy of damnation, the cultists seem to have more wide reaching aims. In particular their desire to get off-planet is dangerous. They seized many stockpiles of weapons, both planetary and stellar, and I fear may by this time have wrested the Holy Dominion from the hands of its captain. This has given them a potential to strike elsewhere, and given that they have shown themselves to be well-organised and possessed of an appetite for slaughter following the massacre of their co-workers that were unwilling to join their rebellion, I shudder to think of what heretical aims the upper echelons of the cult are planning.

The leaders of the cult themselves are said to be powerful but secretive, from what garbled rumours I could gather from captives. They are said to be shadowy giants of men, clad in "impervious armour, worthy of the Emperor himself" [see separate vox-record Inq/71908130473975703174/UE], and with voices that shook the ground. After this particular heretic's summary execution for heresy, treachery and blasphemy, I analysed his words and I fear that his description may be that of a member of the Adeptus Astartes, although I do not recognise their heraldry, described as purely black with little or no adornment. I therefore believe we are dealing with some form of Traitor Legion-led incursion, and believe that involvement of dæmonhunters is fundamental to our victory, given this fact and that I have seen with my own eyes the blasphemous servants of the Dark Gods during this siege. That the men who follow these creatures still breathe the name of the Emperor with reverence sickens me, and I shall not rest until they are all brought to the Emperor's retribution, so far as I am able.

I fear this may not be for much longer however, as I know of no other resistance on this planet, and my own resources are being depleted by the hour. Commend my soul and those of the Forgeifan VIXXth Planetary Defence Force to the Emperor if His hand does not reach us soon enough.

*is severely annoyed that Word formatting isn't available here to add to the effect*

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.