Traitor Seed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traitor Seed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read recently in some old-ish fluff that the gene seed of each and every founding of space marine and every chapter is held and grown from extracted seed on Earth and is doled out to the chapters on request to produce new marines when required - the rationale being I suppose that marine chapters cannot then go rogue and produce a legion of marines even if they wanted to as they have no additional supplies of gene seed to do it with.

I also read that the records and samples of gene seed from the traitor legions are also held on Earth under stasis lock. Just for curiosity really and because I am reaally bored would anyone like to speculate what would happen if new chapters were created using these seeds?
    They would obviously create chapters at least equal to any of the other first foundings but would they be inherently oriented to chaos? After all the traitor legions were sent down that road because they followed their primarchs and their primarchs went there because of the choices they made and the experiences they had in life. So would different circumstances see a rejuvenated Thousand Sons or whatever turn out loyal do you think or was the taint of chaos whilst present in all the primarchs just too strong throughout the genetics of the traitors making revolution inevitable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There could be a symbiotic bond between geneseed and Traitor Primarch, but then what if the Traitor was actually dead like Horus and Night Haunter?

There's also the fact that fluff wise there have been 5th columnists among the traitor marines.....like the ones who warned the Emperor.

The Primarchs did choose their men and that may have played a part, personal loyalty and bonds of honour would have been given and exchanged.

So I'd say the new marines would be loyal to the Emperor and will do their utmost to remove the stain to their honour.
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the legions. If you used Death Gaurd gene seed they would probably be like any other chapter, same with the Black legion. But if you used a gene seed that already had problems, the marines would inherit them. For example, the thousand sons had a tendency to develop more psycic powers, so any marines created from thier seed would manifest more powers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Thousand Sons geneseed was used in making the Grey Knights?

It would be interesting if Terra also holds first generation geneseed of all the Primarchs....

Pure geneseed especially from Sanguinus....could possibly allay the mutation of the Blood Angels and successor Chapters.

There is also the case that the genetic pool of whichever planet they use for recruitment might affect the geneseed.

The Flesh Tearers only recruit from their Deathworld. That may or may not be the reason for their mutation but it could have excerbated the problem. It may be too late, but if they gain access to their geneseed tithe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of the thousand sons geneseed. Thinking about all those banks of geneseed, imagine how much damage could be done by one magos biologis who wanted to build his own personal army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Knights using Thousand Sons gene seed, now there is an interesting bit of fluff creation. Damn good rumour that would be to spread, kinky but good.

I suppose that as the original gene seed comes from the primarch and if the primarch wasn't bent towards chaos when the seed was struck then there will be no taint on it really, it wouldn't of course mutate or anything if it was under stasis lock.

As to Sanguinius' seed I suppose that would be okay if the original was under stasis too but if it wasn't it would be hit by Sanguinius' dying psychic scream the same as the rest of the legion and be damaged in the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of the thousand sons geneseed. Thinking about all those banks of geneseed, imagine how much damage could be done by one magos biologis who wanted to build his own personal army.

Wouldn't the induction of new Space Marines be a closely kep secret? Otherwise what would stop any powerhungry despot from making his own army. There are probably failed experiments through the ages. The would be super warrior dying due to inability to use the new organs.

As for Sanguinus's stasis locked geneseed being unaffected by his dying psychic scream?

I would think that his death would have affected them nonetheless. Didn't the mutation take affect after generations? Perhaps its due to the geneseeds stocks becoming weaker..... genetically that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they have the orignial gene seed why dont they just make marines from that. I have read a lot of fluff saying that the current space marines are diluted versions of the pre-heresy space marines and they have lost a lot of abilities because the geneseeds that had those abilities were lost. Why not just start a fresh from the old stock

Hell why not start new Space Marines geneseeds and Primarchs, or have they lost that technology?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only person who knows how to make new gene-seed and new Primarchs is the Emperor, because everyone else lost it.

And the original gene-seed is probably considered too holy to be used by those damn Adeptus Ministorum guys

John Reeves "Overcode" Hall, 1980-2005, http://overcode.yak.net/1

DONATE TO THE FIGHT AGAINST MELANOMA
    http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t...99915-86454580

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the fluff I remember is that the mutation is also caused by the dilution of the geneseed. During the early crusades the creation of Space Marines was accelerated, which eventually caused mutation in each chapter affected.

Case in point the Crimson Fists do not suffer from the same sado-masochistic tendencies of the Imperial Fists.

the Night Lords don't have the detrimental affects from Chaos like the other Traitor Legions.

This could mean that there are Chapters with stable geneseed. They could have been grown from the first generation. I'd say that the Grey Knights certainly would have been...lol.

Obi

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast