Freelance Fluff Author - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, all. Much like a few other folks on Librarium Online, I am willing to write army fluff for pretty much any and all 40k armies. If you're looking to make your army more fun to play by giving your characters a bit of personality, or even if you're just tired of referring to "my second Tactical Squad" or some such, drop me a line either in this forum or by PM. The only requirements I have are that you tell me about your most notable battles, list your units that you want to have a prominent part in your army's history, and have an open mind.

Since none of you really know my writing style or anything, the post immediately following this one will be an example of my fluff work - this is for my own skeleton-themed Lost and the Damned army I put together for a local tournament some months ago. Hope you enjoy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Legacy of Bones - A Lost and the Damned Army for Warhammer 40,000

Thousands of years ago, following the defeat of Horus and his armies at Terra, the Primarchs saw fit to split the Legions of the Space Marines up into numerous Chapters, each 1000 men strong. To that end, the geneseed of each Legion was divided equally among the new successor Chapters, so that each newly formed Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes would have the ability to make replacements for their fallen brethren in the years of war to come. For most Space Marines, the geneseed is the most precious gift each one of them possesses, more so than their unbelievable strength or endurance, even more so than their priceless suits of ancient armour, for it allows them to reproduce – to change newly recruited normal humans into the superhuman warriors known throughout the Galaxy as the Space Marines. The geneseed of each fallen warrior is dutifully retrieved from the field of battle by the Apothecaries of the Adeptus Astartes, each trained to implant the newly harvested organ in a fresh recruit. However, on certain occasions, these life-giving organs are destroyed utterly before they can be retrieved. Sometimes, even entire Chapters can be lost due to the dwindling amounts of geneseed left.

The Bone Heralds were a chapter of Space Marines created in the 5th founding of Ultramarines genetic stock. Their strict adherence to the Codex Astartes impressed many in their fellow chapters, and their dedication to the Emperor’s cause and their willingness to sacrifice themselves on the altar of His righteous crusades was almost unsurpassed. It was this dedication that led them to accept a mission assigned by the Inquisition to investigate Tovan, a feral human planet on the edge of the Maelstrom, a giant warp storm located near the Galactic Core. The planet was suspected of being a breeding ground for a rabid Chaos cult. If the Inquisition’s suspicions were true, the Bone Heralds were to destroy the cult and any of the local population suspected of being influenced by it. The Bone Heralds left en masse onboard their Battle Barges and Strike Cruisers, ready to bring the glory of the Emperor to this backwards planet one way or another… but something went wrong.

Instead of arriving at the planet’s coordinates, the Bone Heralds’ entire fleet was thrown into the very center of the Maelstrom. Warships were torn asunder like children’s toys by the coruscating warp energies. Unimaginable horrors poured in through the very skin of the remaining vessels to assault the survivors’ very souls. Yet somehow, one of the Strike Cruisers, the Emperor’s Legacy, bearing elements of the fifth company of the Bone Heralds and most of the members of the Chapter’s Librarium, made it out.

Upon counting their losses, the Heralds were dismayed by the loss of so many of their battle brothers. But something even worse had happened: the entire repository of geneseed for the Chapter had been destroyed in the onslaught, with the exception of the geneseed still living in the surviving members of the Chapter. There would be no new Bone Heralds; the Chapter was now doomed to eventual destruction.

On the Emperor’s Legacy, Aracter, the Chief Librarian of the Bone Heralds, still lived. In his desperation to see his Chapter restored to its former glory, he decided to seek guidance in the Immaterium. After three weeks of ritual fasting and meditation, he was granted a vision of a way to save the Chapter from an eventual and ignoble death, but it involved dabbling with dangerous and sorcerous powers not permitted in the Imperium since the declaration of Excommunicate against Magnus the Red’s Thousand Sons Legion. However, Aracter, ever confident of his own prodigious powers, thought he could control the magic and stem the tide of Chaos that was bound to pour forth.

Aracter bid all the remaining Bone Heralds gather in the Sanctuary on board the Strike Cruiser. He told them of his plan and its surefire success. They agreed to his request to take the remnants of the Chapter to Tovan, to land there, and to perform the needed ceremony on the surface, since their proximity to the Maelstrom would lend Aracter a boost to his abilities. Aracter gathered the rest of the Chapter’s Librarium together and outlined his plan, and secured their assistance, for Aracter had trained nearly all of the Bone Heralds’ Librarians himself, and he commanded personal loyalty from each and every one of them.

Once landed, Aracter had the remaining Space Marines gather in a group, with the Librarians in a loose ring around them. The Librarians chanted for three days and three nights, supplicating any force that would hear them to come and bestow immortality and the power to produce more of their own kind on the Bone Heralds. The strange gathering drew more than attention from Ethereal powers, though, as spies from Tovan’s Chaos Cult saw the Marines land on the surface, and reported back to their masters of the arrival of the hated Emperor’s soldiers. The cult leader ordered an immediate assault on the Marines’ position.

Near dusk on the third day, Aracter grew conscious of a pulsating darkness in the back of his mind – they had received their answer, and it was the one he had hoped for! Aracter triumphantly threw his head back to let out a scream of joy when one of the first artillery shots landed amongst the assembled Marines, destroying many of them, including Aracter, with red-hot shrapnel and explosive force. The Bone Heralds did not even have time to ready their bolters before the entire remaining contingent was killed. The cultists let out an exultant shout – they had won the day, and had destroyed the blasphemous Emperor’s lackeys!

How wrong they were.

The incomplete magics swirling about the now-dead Bone Heralds suddenly coalesced and dove into the corpses of the Marines. With sickening popping and twisting sounds, each of the deceased warriors rose to their feet, their armor blackened by fire and pitted by shrapnel, their once-proud physiques now reduced to charred skeletons. Without a sound, they turned and advanced on their assailants, killing them methodically and silently, for not a Marine uttered a word.

Aracter himself rose up from the ground with an unholy fire in his eyes. He gestured towards the fallen Librarians, who all rose and, as one, strode together to form a circle. As the circle was formed, a horrible sickly corpselight appeared in the midst of them and grew until it swallowed them all. As the light faded, a giant winged skeletal structure was left standing there, dressed in a mockery of Space Marine armor and armed with a humungous sword. Without a sound it turned and charged into the Cultists’ lines, cutting a swath of terror and blood through all who dared get in its way, rending apart men and tanks alike with contemptuous ease. The Daemon Prince Z’nam Baer was born.

As the battle drew to a close, Aracter again gestured, but this time towards his fallen enemies. They began to rise up from the ground and gather their weapons and man their tanks once again. Silently, they moved into formation behind Aracter and filed onto the waiting Strike Cruiser. The Bone Heralds had attained immortality and reproductive powers, but at the cost of their very souls.

Somewhere, deep in the Warp, something laughed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id like some fluff i collect tau i have a lot of kroot. some memroble stuff, my kroot shot down a bloodthirstier my tank rules and i mainly play against eldar orks and chaos [damm invincible chaos lords]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok can you do some for me.

i would like an ork one. the main opponents are tau and necrons. the army is full of slugga boyz and the warboss is really mean. the warboss has taken out loads of marines on his own. the sluggas enjoy zomming around the board and then going up the flanks and hitting armies in the rear.

do you need to know anything else?
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, aun'shi, kommisar karl, I'll be working on your fluff over the next few days - it will take me a bit of time to come up with a good story for both of you, so if you're patient you'll see the fluff up in about 2-3 days.

Thanks for your requests!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for saying you will do them.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff moved to separated thread - edit 11/19/03

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parhaius, could you write some fluff for me, I play deamonhunter, puritan, my main oppenents are Guard and Tau. I use a grand master too

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff moved to separate thread - edit 11/19/03

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like it. thanks for doing it.

i am going to be doing a small campaign between me and some mates based on seeing who can win the planet. this fits in perfectly. i may need some more soon.

thanks again

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast