Help for fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help for fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help for fluff

Hi. Maybe you've seen my cool chaplain wip in the SM gallery. If not, go look at it... or else!(

Anyways, I'm going for a mortifactors-like obsession with death, combined with the look of the thousand sons, combined with Egyptian tradition (the fact that they removed a lot of organs works for a SM army that keeps gene-seeds). As they have an obsession with death, they all wear death masks to honor their fallen bretheren. The higher in status you are, the bigger the death mask you have. By the time you are one of the leading powers in a company, you have a mask like my chaplain.

What i've got is that they were origionally started by a reserve chapter who took a darker turn to honoring the dead, which caused discomfort between the groups. By the time the the second founding started to happen, both the ultramarines and the schism group wished for them to leave.

For the name i'm thinking "Golden Skulls" or "Dead Angles". I gold is their main color, so i think that golden should be in their name, but their name is as malleable as play dough right now; time will make it harden and become crusty and nastu, eventually becoming that some toddler will choke on on accident, and you will blame yourself for untill the day you die

You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    War Titans for 40k. Muahahahaha! They'd be like 50,000 points.
    (This rambling brought to you by too much Caffiene)
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Interesting ideas, granted.

What i've got is that they were origionally started by a reserve chapter who took a darker turn to honoring the dead, which caused discomfort between the groups. By the time the the second founding started to happen, both the ultramarines and the schism group wished for them to leave.
    I think that this needs some work. I'd say strange rituals of people on their homeworld is more likely, or something like that. Also, to be a Second Founding Chapter the would have to be an official chapter.
    Member of the Anzac Clan!

Official FLUFF MASTER
    PM me for fluff help!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerowshow
    (the fact that they removed a lot of organs works for a SM army that keeps gene-seeds).
    This needs explaining. What do they do with the organs exactly, why would they remove them? And how come they've got so many geneseed to keep?

And as has been said, all Second Founding chapters are accounted for. No exceptions.

What kind of a history have they got? There's a nice style to them, but no substance. Where are they in the galaxy? Why? Who are their most frequent enemies etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant that SM's take the gene-seed from their fallen, so, taking the organs out would be a step further, a special ceremony for the dead whose bodies can be recovered. I will playing a freind who plays steel legion IG, and he plays steel legion, so something there. Strange rituals for their homeworld works also. The um part was just an idea like i said, i want to combine the mortifactors obsession with death with the egyptian look of thousand sons, and egyptain tradition which has a lot to do with the underworld and preparing a dead body.
    You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Well if your still doing it in a Egyptian theme... you might want to check out some of the gods, Anubis seems the most fitted for your army. Mabe check out some of the web sites with what Egyptions actualy did with their dead and how they honored them.

As for a name, Sons of the Fallen, Golden Sons, Sons of Death... all kinda sound cool and have a bit of the Thousand sons in them

Good luck with it ^_^
    -Jenn

Current Armys
    Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I think I may have a way around the fact that all the second founding chapters are accounted for. open your minds up real wide now.... what if 1 or 2 companies within a chapter began these death worshipping practices and got kicked out of their chapter. They're not tratiors or anything, but if the chapter was particularly pious they might not stand for it. Anyway, they're kicked out of the chapter, do you think it'd be possible for them to build up their strength into a full chapter of their own? would they be able to petition for gene seed or something.

It's possible that something like that could happen yet escape mention in records because of the distasteful nature of the death practices and the fact that none of the chapters would like to associate themselves with such people.

I dunno, just an idea that passed through my mind
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I think i'll go with the name the Angels Corpis. Sounds cool. They are extremely close to their beleifs. They are led by a chaplain always, and chaplains.
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

+ Reply to Thread