Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I was inspired by the Xeno-mounts doctrine with this idea. I will not say what it is but you will have to read the following and find out for yourselves. Mind, that these are just notes not organized at all or in any way supposed to be well-written fluff.
- From the planet of Normone
- Normone very diverse, jungle continent, ice continent, desert continent, poison wastes, urban continent
- Normone has an exceptionally high population for a non-hive world
- Because of its high population, the Guard regiments were recruited three at a time
- Each one specializes in different theatre of war except for 6th who are trained in every theatre
- Extremely distrustful of other regiments
- Contrary to the above, though, they do get along pretty well with Tallarn and Valhallan regiments because their faith is almost as intense as that of the Normonians’
- Because of above, Munitroum lets them stay grouped together; this is very unusual
- Extremely fierce and violent
- Tames/hunts feral creatures on Normone such as Raptor-like creatures
- Normonians use rough riders extensively
- Normonian rough riders ride raptor-like creatures as mounts and wear heavy armour
- Sentinels are carnosaurs with rider and mounted heavy weapon and ceremite armour plates in addition to hard scales
- Chimeras are giant beasts with super-hard scales and plates of ceramite and mounted weapons
- When Imperial forces reclaimed Normone, the Normonians took to the Imperial Cult with a dedication and religious fervor almost never seen in newly-reclaimed planets
- While extremely dedicated to the Imperial Cult, are wary of the Imperium
- Prefer to not mingle with Imperial people (i.e. bureaucrats, Navy personnel, other Guard regiments (for the most part), governors)
- Worship Space Marines upon sight
- Have never had any offences against the Imperial cult in all of their history (i.e. desecration of a temple with graffiti, talking during a ceremony etc.)
- Are untrustworthy of Radical Inquisitors but are enthralled by the sheer dedication of Puritans
- Do not have Commissars as there is no need
- Officers double as priests so there is no need for conventional Imperial priests
- Have Iron Discipline to reflect their leaders rousing them with emotionally moving Imperial speeches
- 1st, 2nd, and 4th have Ogryns among their numbers
- Distrustful of too much technology so mostly have autoguns but some have looted lasguns
- Have Leman Russ Tanks because when they were first seen they were believed to be holy creatures/angels sent from the Emperor
- Each Leman Russ is the subject of much prayer for the regiment
- All Leman Russes adorned with prayer scrolls and blessings
- Mechanicus do not like them much because: 1. They do not trust technology, 2. They honor the Leman Russ tanks in a way that the Mechanicus view as improper and distasteful
- 1st: Jungle
- 2nd: Ice
- 3rd: Desert
- 4th: Poison Wastes
- 5th: Urban
- 6th: All
P.S. The reason I didn't say what I was inspired of was because its basically all of this :tongue:. I'm not good at summarizing.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, these are Imperial Guardsmen for those who are a little slow on the uptake.
Shields of the Emperor SMs (in the making)
Nurgle IG AC/Grenadiers
Remember, give people rep if they help you.
I think you mean lascannons because the standard Imperial guards men is equiped with lasguns.Originally Posted by smguy
DonÂ´t mess with the dicegod
LOL!!:lol:Originally Posted by smguy
By day he fought with sword and shield.....
By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
He was....The Warrior Poet.......
Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!
ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!
Do you have uber micro...????
How is it so balanced? Are the poison wastes and/or the deserts spreading?Originally Posted by smguyIn that case how are they contained? Is all the excess taken as Guard?Originally Posted by smguyBecause of these two, I would say "most" other regiments. And give a history of some of their scuffles.Originally Posted by smguyNot if they're fighting together in the same warzone. Or are you talking the Normonian reguments?Originally Posted by smguyIn which case wouldn't the vehicle be open-topped? Getting inside a beasts belly is fairly terminal, usually.Originally Posted by smguyWhy, if they are so devout? Wouldn't they trust the Imperium as the Emperor's government?Originally Posted by smguyCommissars and priests are installed by organisations distinct from the individual regiments. They wouldn't get any choice in the matter. And priests are trained at various Ministorum schools, I doubt they'd be allowed to be inducted into the Guard with officer credentials afterwards.Originally Posted by smguyHow come? Where did the Ogryns come from? Why were they attached? Ogryns are not random mutations, they are a human subspecies.Originally Posted by smguyAs has been said, they'd be issued with lasguns as standard. They wouldn't have any choice.Originally Posted by smguyThese three... not too convincing. If the Mechanicus didn't like them, the Russes would break down. No enginseers, no tanks. Simple as that.Originally Posted by smguy
Sorry if the criticisms sound a bit harsh, it's a neat idea, just needs less idealism and a bit more streamlining.