Before the imperium... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the imperium...

Does anyone have any infomation abot well.. the whole 40k universe
    before the emporor.
    and whats changed now the emorer's like.. in charge..

I am Narcotick. Fear me.

LO Musicians clan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*clears throat* This is going to be long so bear with me, i'll give it to you from beginning to end.

In the beginning the Old Ones were the first race to cross the gulf of stars and start colonizing the galaxy. They used their immense minds to manipulate the alternate dimension later known as the warp. They encountered a race known as the Necrontyr who were incredibly advanced technologically but had no psychic powers. The Necrontyr engaged in war with the Old Ones because the Old Ones would not teach the short-lived Necrontyr the secrets of the "immortality." The Necrontyr were consistently outmaneovered and pushed back. They found massive energy beings called the C'tan or Star Gods and gave them bodies of living metal to allow them to fight the Old Ones. The C'tan made the Necrontyr give up their flesh bodies for living metal and they became the Necrons. They engaged the war again and nearly destroyed the Old Ones. The Old Ones created new races to fight the Necrons, including the ancestors of the Orks and the Eldar. Though they were not able to defeat the Necrons, they were able to force them into stasis to wait for new life. However, the tormented emotions of the Young Races created the Enslavers, thought to be the daemons, who began to pray upon the Young Races without the guidance of the Old Ones, who vanished.
    On a planet near the galactic center a race was born that would later be known as humanity. The early humans recognized the power of the warp and the skilled practitioners of the art of its manipulation became the shamans. The shamans sensed the daemons and the sleeping forms of the Dark Gods of Chaos. They realized that they would soon loose their ability to pass through the warp and reincarnate, and without their guidance humanity would be lost. They sacrificed themselves in their thousands to create a being known as the Emperor. He helped guide humanity into what is known as the Dark Age of Technology where humanity advanced and spread across the stars. However, soon warp storms sprung up and isolated human worlds during the Age of Strife. The eldar at this point had become decadant and hedonistic and their passions fed the Chaos Power Slaanesh who was born about ten thousand years ago. His birth created the Eye of Terror and blew away the warp storms. The Emperor then set out with his Legions to reclaim the human worlds and reconquer the galaxy.

That is history of 40K in a nutshell. There's a lot more but that's the gist. If you need the fluff for the Great Crusade I've got it and would be happy to add it.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was the Golden Age (human expansion) the periods referred to as Age of Stone Age of Gold etc The Gold Men, Iron Men etc, sorry i don't remember it in detail old fluff from the orginal Rogue Trader

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Golden Men were the ancient humans and the Iron men were the robots they fought against, similar to Dune almost. The Age of Strife was when the humans were not able to travel in the warp because a huge number of warpstorms sprung up.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

+ Reply to Thread