Some 40k questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

I was wondering last night, and wanted to know:

a) Do Space Marines have their armour removed after battle? Or do they always stay in it? (Unless its being refitted/repaired)

B- ) Are there towns and villages on 40k planets, or is it just Hive Citys?
    I mean farming familys and the like, if you know what I mean?

Thanks Toastee

Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

a) Space Marines do remove their armour when they aren't fighting (if they couldn't imagine how uncomfortable it would be if they had to scratch their back or go to the lav...).
    I expect they wear some kinda monastary robes or something when they aren't fighting...

There are billions of planets in the Imperium in all shapes and sizes. Although many of them are treacherous hive planets there are also agri-worlds for farming, civilised worlds, feral worlds, feudal worlds, forge worlds and many other different kinds of planets.
    Not all planets are polluted industrial places... Some are beautiful, clean places like Macragge and Ultramar..
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

a) Space Marines do remove their armour when they aren't fighting (if they couldn't imagine how uncomfortable it would be if they had to scratch their back or go to the lav...).
    I expect they wear some kinda monastary robes or something when they aren't fighting...
    True for space marines. Chaos space marines rarely remove their power armour though, their armour mutates around them and may even become part of them. This is always the case with Chaos Terminators and of course Obliterators.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Originally posted by Toastee@Apr 6 2003, 18:18
    I was wondering last night, and wanted to know:

a) Do Space Marines have their armour removed after battle? Or do they always stay in it? (Unless its being refitted/repaired)

B ) Are there towns and villages on 40k planets, or is it just Hive Citys?
    I mean farming familys and the like, if you know what I mean?

Thanks Toastee
    a) I think the Space Marines have got to take it off now and then...I mean just how do they go to the loo (hmmm I&#39;ve heard a load of different answers for that actually), but yes they usually go into robes or a militant sort of uniform where they do drills and physical fitness. Well thats what I&#39;ve heard from reading a load of stories in Inferno about the Space Marine, but most of the time, espeacially when they are on the field, they keep on their armour and even sleep in it, when they do sleep.

B ) Well you just have to look at agry-worlds as a big example. Those are worlds dedicated to farming. But I see what you mean, most planets are a mixture of things from civilised to death lands. Yes there would be towns, but when it comes to farming it would depend on the environment of the planet. However i have heard that there are indoor bubble&#39;s sort of things on Mars where they farm in there.

I hope that helps&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x8)

Thanks for clearing that up all
    Aye Space Marines have some sort of node thing in their head which allows them to put half of their brain into sleep mode, so they can remain fairly alert...at least thats what I think it does. Tis in the back of the Space Marines codex.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Yeah one of their implants allows them to shut off certain parts of the brain while others remain active. It cannot replace sleep entirely, but they can stay awake for extended periods of time thanks to this.

As for SM going to the loo (what a word), they recycle 99.9% of their &#39;waste&#39;, so they don&#39;t have to go too often .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Apr 7 2003, 10:54
    As for SM going to the loo (what a word), they recycle 99.9% of their &#39;waste&#39;, so they don&#39;t have to go too often .
    Wow, wish I could do that...

Space Marines also take off their power armor when called upon to act as scouts. While most marines in most chapters do not function as scouts, some of the chapters have their more senior members as their scouts (Space Wolves I believe) and the scout sergeants are very experienced space marines.
    &quot;Don&#39;t Delay-The best is the enemy of the good. By this I mean that a good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. War is a very simple thing, and the determining characteristics are self-confidence, speed, and audacity. None of these things can ever be perfect, but they can be good.&quot;
    -General George S. Patton, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Ahh yes that&#39;s true, though only a few chapters do that. Aside of SW it&#39;s the BA and their successors, but I think that&#39;s pretty much the end of the list.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Aaahh yes the Catalepsean node, very useful. And its also one of the things that make the Emperors Children so, well, crazy (no offense, is it an offense?).

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x2)

I agree with Boron about the chaos marines and also why the chaos marines remove their armor is because they are mostly doing 24/7 hours of war training since they vowed to wage war for all eternity to see their hatred and revenged is satisfied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Psychotic, Soda Addicted, Level-Headed Christian Friendly, Sexy Japanese Girl of LO

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast