My army's Fluff... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

My army's Fluff...

Hiya all, this was a story i wrote for a friends campaign, it was based on a battle i had during the first week. As i was the only eldar player at the time i has the task of documenting the progress. Well i thought id post t here to see what others think

Campaign Battle Report Week 1 (Ulthwe Strike Force vs Slannesh Chaos Marines, Corinth I):

The air was heavy, smoke riddin due to the chaos rebllion from within. The sky was still dark, the orange blaze of early morning can be faintly made out in the distance. Kaudreth lead his fellow Seers through the ruins of the capital city. His small force had found the centre of the Slannesh taint and tracked it to a local wildlife garden. Long has it been since wildlife actually lived here, local vegetation have twisted and mutated to match the image of the taint that now surrounds Corinth I.

It was a Ultharwe had predicted, chaos has taken hold of the Corinth System, though the crisis has taken Kaudreths forces far from the crisis within the Eye of Terror they cannot be allowed to activate the Daemon Altars.

"Farseer, the enemy is entering the park area." It was Methrik, pilot of the Black Vyper. Already he was engaging them from above the trees. The lance trails of his brightlance darted into the woods as the vyper raced along aboved the treetops.

"Understood, Zurich send your take your warriors to the edge of the woods, keep close watch for any foe."

The Dark Reapers positioned themselves next to the hill, their black armour glistening against the light of the distant stars. These raven black warriors came from Maugan Ra's personal gaurd and supported Kaudreth's efforts no matter what the danger.

"Farseer, enemy unit confirmed north west of the woods," Zurich psychically told Kaudreth.

"Engage them carefully."

In the distance pulses of white plasma raced across field, Kaudreth couldn't tell if Zurich's Gaurdians had hit from his poisition, the darkness still clouded his vision. Suddenly there was a high pitched sound then trees began to shatter trees and explosions erupted near Zurichs's warriors. It was unmistakable, it was the famed sonic weaponary that the Slannesh warriors prefered to use and from which things looked, they had plenty.

The sun rose from beyond the horizon and light flooded the garden park, dawn has broken through. The Reapers, seeing Zurich's foe, level their weapons and fired. Streams of missles hammered into the distant ruins, felling what was left of the armoured warriors.

"Methrik, what do you see?" Kaudreth voiced through an gold embroiled gem.

"Four small squads approach Zurichs posisiton from beyond the woods, it appears that their commander is leading them from the front with a small host of gaurds."

"Understood." Kaudreth reached out with his mind, "Zurich, reposition your men to cover the exits of the woodlands, their leader is heading towrds your locations."

"Understood Farseer."

As the Black vyper raced off back down towards the edge of the woods the ground began to sear black. Ancient tainted runes began to burn the ground as glowing red energies began manifest. Red flames danced and weaved, eventually they formed into the shape of female body's. Ridged claws, sensuous forms and paled skinned, they moved gracefully and jumped into the air as Methrik's vyper loomed overhead. One of them managed to sever off one of the wings, another had made it safely onto the gunning pit and shredded the gunman with her claws, a third had managed to tear apart the engines like paper sending the vyper crashing into the ground.

Methrik suffered minor injuries compared to that of his gunman who lay ruined in the gunning seat, he tried to climb out of the ****pit but it stared at him. A daemonette, her eyes filled with the lust for blood, ready to kill, claws raised. She grinned. Shuriken disks tore her apart, orange flames erupted her return to the warp.

Zurich had witnessed what happened and commanded his warriors of open fire. The daemonettes who were too distracted by their new prey they had not even considered they were in the wide open grasslands beyond the woods. Disks shredded the daemons and pulses of plasma vapourised, Zurich too added a few shots with his shuriken pistol. The Dark Reapers also have noticed the crashed vehical and supported Zurichs men with their ancient weaponary. Once the firing had stopped Methrik climbed out and began his retreat to the designated area, he activated his shroud feild and disappeared from view.

"Zurich fall back!" Kaudreth tried to warn him psychically, but in all the hasty efforts to destroy the daemonettes they ventured too close to the woods. High pitched squeels sounded from the woodlands edge, then sonic waves errupted towards Zurichs warriors. Explosions detonated around the gaurdians, sonic pulses shattered warriors from within, leaving nothing but a broken body slump on the ground. The sqaud began to retreat whilst snapping a few shots back. Sonic rounds also began to race towards the Reapers, two were caught in a blast, leaving a bloody mess on the ground.

"Deploy the Wraithgate! Begin the advance!" shouted Kaudreth. One of the young warlocks lifted a rune from his pouch. It began to glow violently as he began chanting. The area began to glow a bright white as signets formed a circle on the ground. Reality was ripped apart by a vortex of swirling energy, the wraith portal was opened. Kaudreth too began to charge his ancient blade, electrical energies raced down the weapon, it began to hum a high pitched sound as the psychic energy forced the weapon to start viberating.

In the distance, sonic pulses errupted from the eastern edge of the woods into Kaudreths unit, the final squads of the Slannesh host have made their appearance. Kaudreths armour shook violently, burning white as the shots were deflected off the arcane runes.

"Take cover," ordered Kaudreth, "prepare to strike once our forces arrive."

First to materialise from the swirling miasma were the twin warwalkers, both blasting into the woods with their potent starcannons as the entered the field. White bursts of plasma streamed into the woods, vapourising Zurichs new attackers. Seeing the situation becoming hopeless the traitor marines began to flee. The portal flared as Mausa and Rhumeth's Gaurdian squads stepped out. Kaudreth reached into each of the warlock minds.

"Rhumeth move to the hill behind, Mausa move north to cover the woods western edge." Without hesitating Mausa and his black gaurdians fired their weapons into the chaos traitors. Their disks ripped through tree and armoured foe alike. Rhumeth claimed the nearby hill, gaining vantage over the feild.

"Farseer, several units a begining to retreat deeper into the woods." sounded Rhumeth.

"Understood."

The portal flared once more, with a mighty roar the Avatar stepped through, searing the grass as he walked. He was accompanied by his warlock bodygaurds, who were clad in ritual runes, following close behind were Khaila and her squad of howling banshees. They needed no command, seeing the foes closest to them the avatar roared once again, pointing his fiery spear at the unit firing at Kaudreth and charged. The banshees sprinted with unnatural speed, darting left and right avoiding sonic blasts. Kaudreth too had joined the charge with the female sword fighters, his weapon burning as he ran across to his foe. His sword came crashing down on one of the Chaos followers head instantly felling him, another sent a knife towards his throat, kaudreth seared off his arm then decapitated the warrior in two across the waist. A black blade came down on Kaudreths back, his rune armour burned as it deflected the blow, but the force sent him to the ground. Rolling to see his new foe he found a warrior clad in pink armour twice the height of an Eldar looming over him. Blade drawn at Kaudreth above head ready to finish off his work. The warriors head fell from his shoulders and collapsed on the ground next to kaudreth. Khaila stood over the body, her menacing form looked at Kaudreth. The fighting had stopped, bodies of the chaos followers lay in ruin over the ground, the avatar coninued his way towards the foe, deeper into the woods.

"Farseer are you well?" she asked.

"I'm fine," he repleid as he dragged himself up, "you have my thanks, but we are not yet done. Ryumeth has reported the enemy beginning retreat, they must not escape." With that khaila gave Kaudreth a nod and began the pursuit with the Avatar.

The afternoon sun gazed down over the battlefield. Kaudreth stood in front of an arched constuct. The leader of the cult had escaped but his warriors laid dead across the garden park. Kaudreth chanted, runes floated around him burning an icy blue. The construct began to hum lightly as it too began to glow. A violent blast of energy errupts under the arch, forming a portal much like the wraithgate, five meters from where Kaudreth stood.

"The webway gate has been unsealed." he said to himself. Figures began to emerge from portal, clad in white and green robes.

"Greetings Farseer, Beil-Tan has come as Lord Zoranth had requested." says one of figures.

"Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

A very cool, fluffy battle report.. I'm not sure if you should stick it in the battle report section, but I think it has enough 'fluffiness' to go here, myself.

Eldar fighting EC is such a fluffy combination as it is. But I think the eldar sound too peaceful and confident here.. There were only 30,000 EC before the heresy, and that numbers going to be much lower now. When slannesh deploys them, it's a sign that the situation is abseloutely critical, and the chaos is ready to expend any resources to resolve it. I don't think the eldar should 'just finish it' so quickly.. I think this battle should be the culmination of weeks of hard fighting, with the entire planet engulfed in cult violence and depraved worship, and the eldar should be wetting their pants all the way through.

Yeah, I'm an EC player, so I might be biased.. But I'm also starting an eldar army. I just think the full power of chaos, while not invincible, should be fearful to anyone.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; November 20th, 2005 at 01:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

ah your points are logical and i agree correct, but then again it was based on an actual battle after all, plus it was meant to open up reasons to how other eldar and crasfworlds arrived into the campaign. If i wrote it again out of real life game battle terms i might of just started it mid way through the fight, to make it seem they were stuggling for a long time. :yes:
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

This is awesome, I love your writing and depiction of the Eldar. There may not be many left, but I still think all Eldar act over confident...They are elves after all:tongue:

The only problem is that you chaged tense in your last few paragraphs. It went from being past-tense to present-tense. You should work on that:yes:

Otherwise it was great, I look forward to seeing your next installment:ninja:

+ Reply to Thread