The Paladins of the Storm - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Paladins of the Storm

Alright, the Paladins of the Storm are my DIY chapter, that I should hopefully be sticking with for a while.

The Paladins of the Storm were created from the gene-seed of the White Scars, during the 8th founding. They also follow the fast strike battle doctrine, but instead, have created their own style of combat. Using low-flying fighters, the Space Marines jump from their transport. They then unfold a skin of cloth capable of dramatically reducing their descent. In this way, they are capable of attacking in almpst perfect unision, where and when they need to attack.

The Paladins of the Storm are fierce fighters, though they prefer to take the enemy by surprise during the darkness of the night. Because they prefer fighting at night, they are a dark chapter, and have developed incredible night-vision.

The chapter observes many of the same practises as the Black Templars. That, coupled with their zealous attitude, has led to many rumors about the chapter's founding.

That's some of it. Next up: The Chapter Master and history!

~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

"Your kid puked on me. I should get extra marks for that."
    -Jess Norgaard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Although I do not collect Space Marines, all I have to say is... well... good work, I suppose. However, I do have one query:

Quote Originally Posted by Wise ()ld ()wl
    Using low-flying fighters, the Space Marines jump from their transport. They then unfold a skin of cloth capable of dramatically reducing their descent.
    Are these parachutes of some sort? I don't quite understand how they might work to reduce their descent that close to the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, they are a kind of parachute. You know flying squirrels, how they have that flap of skin between their arms and legs? Same basic idea.
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

-Jess Norgaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not Drop pods. those are already the same thing, just that the descent is faster. and thats what you're aiming at, speed.
    I'll go out on a wild goose chase here if you don't mind.
    *Chasing geese*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marine attack plan inspired by flying squirrels. LOL! Sorry I had to say that. You chould treat them like a grav chute that the IG uses in their drop infantry.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really have no clue what grav chutes are, but Zenarion, they try to be sneaky when they can, and a drop pod smashing into the ground at the speed of sound doesn't strike me as sneaky.
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

-Jess Norgaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

If you have ever sene the movie Reign of Fire, this would seem more plausible perhaps. Try watching some trailers or renting the movie. It's a pretty good flick. But they have these men called Archangels who jump from a helicopter and use the same kind of "squirrel" equipment to slow their descent and take down dragons. When they get close to the ground, they use a full blown chute, but sense these are Space Marines, I imagine they could take the fall, fluffwise- I've seen them do it two or three times.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Marines doing HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) jumps? sounds interesting, but it would have to be some bloody tough material for it to work with a 1 ton trooper. When it comes down to it, it's a nice gimmick, and a stealth insertion is always easier if you don't have afterburners firing or an impact that registers on seismic sensors a mile away
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How true. Here's some fluff on the chapter master:

Artemis Valius, StormLord, is the current master of the Paladins of the Storm chapter. He was discovered by Chaplain Fier-to, the master of sanctity of the chapter, when he was a servant in the governor of ________'s palace. He quickly adapted to the chapter's fighting style easily, becoming a strong member of the chapter. During the battle of Ormus 3, where he fought against the foul necromancers of Khalgar the Scourge's horde, he proved himself worthy of joining the Stormchasers, the equivalent of a first company, by slaying a necromancer with his bare hands. He was quickly incorporated into the former master's honor guard, slaying many a xenos with his twin power swords.

When the master of the chapter was killed in battle, Fier-to stepped in and proclaimed Artemis the master's successor, believing him to be a warrior worthy of the title StormLord. This caused an outrage in the chapter. Surely a more experienced Space Marine should take the former master's place? However, Fier-to stood by his decision, and no one challenged his rule, for Fier-to only answered to the StormLord of the chapter. And so Artemis became the StormLord of the chapter, and leads te chapter to this day.

Artemis does not use the finest weaponry of the chapter, nor does he use the finest armor. However, all his wargear works without flaw, and so he uses them. His weapons of choice are one of his power swords from his days as a Stormchaser, and his plasma pistol, crafted by the master of the forge. He often tries to improve the battle strategies that his chapter uses, often repairing and improving his HALO cloak, and taking his improvements to the chapter's techmarines to mass produce them.
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

-Jess Norgaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i recon that the suga glider (small possum with skin flaps) idea is great. i would suggest using the 'see, dont be seen' trait because it gives u both infiltrate representing a silent drop in and acute senses. drop pods are to nosy for stealth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast