Master Davin's Companions - A Daemonhunters Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master Davin’s Companions

“Brother, how much do you know about our Master? Yes, he is one of the greatest of our Order, but how much do you actually know? Then sit and be regaled with a tale of bravery and treachery, of temptation and redemption. Believe me, few know it as well as I.?

“Our Master was, of course, born here on Titan, much like you or the rest of our companions. He was trained from birth to be a destroyer of the unholy, and excelled at that task he did. By the age of 18, when he was fully integrated into the Order, he had already felled a Traitor Marine in single combat – which is more than many in our Order can claim. He was raised through the ranks at an incredible speed, becoming a Justicar at the tender age of 23, and rising to become a Terminator at 27. He served with such conviction and honor that he was inducted into the retinue of Grand Master Iolanus just three years later, and was more than twenty years junior to the next oldest member of his squad. All the while his kill tally rose, until he had single-handedly defeated more than 100 minions of the Great Enemy. It was at this time that Iolanus and his company were ordered to join up with the Blood Angels to defeat a Chaos Cult that was creating unrest in the Segmentum Pacificus.?

“Iolanus was given joint command of the operation with the Blood Angels commander, a Space Marine by the name of Captain Titus. Iolanus wanted to keep their forces in reserve until the cult showed itself, according to standard Grey Knight practices, but Titus would have none of it. He insisted that his men be allowed to immediately scour the surface for this infidels and to erase all evidence of them ever existing. Iolanus tried to argue, but to no avail. Finally, in exasperation, Iolanus gave in to Titus’ demands, with the caveat that he and his retinue would accompany Titus to the surface.?

“As the landing got underway, something in the back of the Grand Master’s mind did not sit right – if there were a cult on this planet, they surely would have detected the Space Marines by now, and would take steps to prevent them from landing. No sooner had he thought that than the air exploded around him, igniting his lungs and setting every nerve ending ablaze. They were under attack and had already suffered a direct hit! Iolanus ordered his men to the teleporter, from whence they could transport directly to the surface. As they mounted the platform, though, a huge winged form crashed through the side of the ship, grabbed Iolanus, and flew off again. The Grey Knights watched in horror as the mighty Greater Daemon proceeded to tear their beloved Master limb from limb, casting the remaining parts onto the city below. This was when our Master shone through – he ordered the rest of the squad back onto the teleporter, affixed the coordinates, and had them safely on the ground moments later.?

“As soon as they landed, they could see a great red tide flowing in from every side – this was no Cult planet, it was a full-fledged Daemon world! The Grey Knight Terminators held their own for what seemed like days of full-fledged combat. Each Grey Knight destroyed dozens of Daemons, but they just kept coming. Finally, only Master Davin remained, fighting off the tide of minions of the Ruinous Powers single-handedly, when, like a great angel on wings of fire, a trio of Blood Angel Thunderhawks screamed overhead raining fire and death down upon the enemy. Following in their wake were dozens of jump-pack equipped Blood Angels descending to help the encircled Davin. Just as our Master fell under the claws of the rampaging beasts, the Blood Angels landed and were able to drive them back. Taking his still living form with them, they returned to the Thunderhawks. On board, a Sanguinary Priest was called to take care of the wounded Grey Knight, and he took care of him the only way he knew how – by infusing him with the blood of the Primarch Sanguinius. Seconds later, Davin was back on his feet, screaming incoherently and cursing the men around him for not ‘holding the gate’ – somehow the Black Rage had overtaken one outside the Blood Angels! The Sanguinary Priest knew not what else to do, so he ordered our Master back out of the Thunderhawk on what he thought was a suicide mission – to slay the Greater Daemon of Khorne present on the planet.?

“Master Davin wandered the streets of the desolate city for weeks while packs of Daemons and squads of Blood Angels clashed around him, his feverish mind replaying the scenes from the Siege of Emperor’s Palace. His feet finally took him to the citadel at the heart of the ruined metropolis, where he saw, sitting on a great brass throne overlooking the city, what he sought: the Bloodthirster! In his mind’s eye, though, he was aboard Horus’ Battle Barge staring down the Warmaster himself. ‘Horus! How dare you defy our Father! You will pay!’ With this cry, he charged the mighty brass throne, and with two deft strokes cut the Bloodthirster into pieces. Suddenly, he was in the present again, looking about himself in bewilderment. The minions of Chaos surrounded him, but shied away from his great and terrible power. He realized where he was, and immediately activated his teleport homing beacon. Seconds later, a number of other Grey Knights stood beside him ready to do battle. One of them saw who had called them there and was taken aback, ‘Brother Davin, we thought you were dead! The Blood Angels gave us a report of your death some weeks ago!’?

“‘Not so, Brother – I have been reborn, for my quest is not yet at an end!’ With that, he led a charge into the Chaos lines that is still remembered with honor today, for the Grey Knights present lost not one of their number and cleansed the entire city center of Chaos taint. Upon his return to Titan, Davin was treated as a hero and was immediately elevated to the rank of Grand Master by the Order.?

“How do I know all of this? Suffice it to say, it is the Inquisition’s job to know…?

-- Words of Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Kemmel, speaking to an unidentified Grey Knight under Grand Master Davin’s command

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got done reading it and i love it. You're pretty good at this. Now I should have a 2 on 2 battle, With my friend who Blood Angel. Many Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem, man, and thanks for the compliment.

That'll be $200 please.

Just kidding! Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother Captain Stern is 400 years old and is considered very powerful indeed and probably going to become grand master someday.

Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines is 200. The youngest Captain of the 4th Company

I would think in order to receive Terminator Hounours you would have been fighting for the Emperor for at least a hundred years.

Davin gets it at 27?

Just my 2 cents, otherwise like the fluff.
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey cool story my friend! i'm inspired to write about my justicar brother willim. =) good fluff friend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very Cool!!!!! That peice of fluff owns and it has also inspired me to write my on scenario (because i colect both daemonhunters and blood angels ) I will post the rules of it as soon as it is finished
    Thanks for that it owned *gives parhaius an imaginary $200 note*

Closed Thread