An Unusual Dark Eldar Group... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

An Unusual Dark Eldar Group...

Solar Date G7n: 88K. Target Zone: Crack 00A
    The operation was rather straight forward, we accessed the planet’s surface through the webway portal which had been placed there months ago. I must say, I was not impressed with what I saw; it was almost a desolate wasteland as far as the eyes could see. Once the rest of the reavers was through we set off, taking soil samples every 20 clicks. This was quickly turning out to be one of the dullest missions I’ve had the pleasure of taking part in.
    Fortune turned out to not be on our side, however. We spotted a line of foliage in the distance, just a few clicks off, but we needed to get that damn soil sample. Errr, hope you’ll forgive my language, I don’t want to start thing whole thing over… Anyway, back on topic. As I was getting the sample something that was all teeth and claws jumped out of the ground and tried to bite me. Juhhn shot the thing twice through the head, he had been a bit on edge since we got there. I was glad.
    We couldn’t figure out what the thing was before more of the damn things hopped out. He blasted our jets to full and got out of there, heading for the trees. I could have swore it was the dead rising back up too life, the damned things kept popping up everywhere. If I wasn’t so concerned for my life, I think I would have been enjoying myself grandly.
    All that aside, you aren’t going to believe what we found once we got to those trees. Some of cousins! Those ones that call themselves the Craftworld faction, or whatever they prefer to say. Doesn’t matter much to me, I was just happy to see them. They were more than a little shocked to see us, but they were very pleasant.
    Curtsies were short lived, although. Those things (which we had just been notified were Tyrnnids) had gotten pretty stirred up from our passing. They had organized into a fighting force and were heading for the forest line, a few that were a bit larger had popped up and seemed to be leading the little ones. We felt a little responsible, but they said we “needn’t concern ourselves.? Oddly enough, they were ready for thing. They had cannon fortifications in place already. They made short work of those beasts before they even got close.
    Anyway, they had active portals, so that would explain our premature arrival back. That’s all there is to my report. Don’t hold back any questions!

Lasrad set the report lightly down on the table next to his throne. A smile played on the edges of his lips, he hadn’t anticipated such fortune. He looked for the young reaver pilot who had returned this report to him and found her passing time engaging in a one-ended conversation with an incubi. He summoned her to him with a warm voice, “Veshre, I’ve finished with your report, we can finish the debriefing now, if your ready.?
    The female eldar walked over, her deep purple suit hardly standing out amongst the other array of outfits in the chamber. She offered a light bow to her lord, and stood waiting to be addressed. An uncommon attentiveness for this one.
    The brow on Lasrad’s forehead rose in mild surprise. He spoke quickly, not wanting to lessen her efforts that he had obviously been working so hard for. “You’ve found quite a treasure for us, one I did not expect you to find. If I had known the Tyrnnids had infested the planet I would have sent a larger, more experienced group. Never the less, you and your squad preformed admirably.?
    Veshre fought back her extreme flood of joy and offered a simple, “Thank you, my lord.?
    “If you feel up to it, I have another mission for you. I’d like you to bring this message to those Eldar you had met and return with their reply. If all goes well, things will be getting much better for all of us soon,? Lasrad spoke with a smirk, grabbing a small box on the table beside his throne and offering it to her.
    Taking it in both hands and offering a small grateful bow, Veshre offered her thanks and was off to gather her unit. They would leave immediately. Lasrad leaned back in his large throne, and let out a large sigh of relief. It seems almost like dream. They were so close to finally being done with this damned city. They could almost live without having to worry about being stabbed by their “brothers and sister.? Lasrad closed his eyes and whispered, “Almost like a dream…?
    His eyes slowly opened, slightly confused, “What is a solar date..??

Thats what I got. I think its kinda...diffrent.. Although, I'm going for that, so its ok. I plan to have my faction of Dark Eldar be more compassionate and have very close ties to the Eldar. Anyway, what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, but just ever so slightly un feasable, dark eldar were the evil eldar, if you wanted a happy go lucky eldar army with a eivlish twist, be harqualins...

but don't let me keep you down, its just a suggestion...
    How many Inquisitors does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Three,
    one to screw it in, one to outlaw lightbulbs, and one to deny lightbulbs ever existed.

-Proud creator of the Sons of Omnissiah
    -Kroot pluralized is Kroot, if you say Kroots, you irk me!

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

It could work, quite frankly GW's current portrayal of Dark Eldar is two dimensional at best. Surely not every single person in that city is so evil they eat babies?

Worth following this idea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorLordReiss
    cool, but just ever so slightly un feasable, dark eldar were the evil eldar, if you wanted a happy go lucky eldar army with a eivlish twist, be harqualins...

but don't let me keep you down, its just a suggestion...

I don't think its impossible. A person's good or evilness isn't determined by their race. In this situation, I've created a Dark Eldar who doesn't enjoy killing members of his own race.

Also, I don't think its fair to say the dark eldar are evil. More mislead than evil.

Anyway...thanks for the support, Nightshade ^,^

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

i can swallow that there are Dark Eldars who doesnt kill their own kin at random but _very_ close ties with Eldar is a bit extreme i think. However, a relation where they dont kill each other on sight but still a relation with alot of tension works for me.

Dark Eldar still have to consume souls to survive i think Eldar would have a hard time accepting that, even if it is human souls or whatnot.

A Dark Eldar lord having close relations with Eldar would not live long in commorragh either(i bet some of his followers would love to spread that rumour to other aspiring archons/dracons).

the story felt too Imperial in the beginning(the use of ´Clicks just seem wrong). I love the part of where she "engaged in a rather one-sided conversion with an incubi" that was very amusing
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I don't know if this works..

All dark eldar need to constantly capture, torture and kill slaves, in order to refine their souls. If they fail to do this, they get slowly eaten from the inside out by Slannesh, and die. Worse, because Slannesh owns their souls from the moment they're born, when they die they suffer forever, so it's a damn good reason to get out the flesh hooks and start raiding.

The craftworlders are not the 'nice' eldar at all.. They are haughty, arrogant, insular creatures who don't leave much room in their lives for luxuries like compassion or friendship, and who don't trust very easily. Some, like the Saim Hann, are also capricious and violent when the mood takes them. In short, they're no nicer than the dark eldar, they merely do what they have to to survive, which is generally a little less monstrous, but not always. Is manipulating millions of humans to their deaths in order to save a few miserable eldar lives really any better then capturing and killing those humans yourself in order to save some eldar lives?
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; November 29th, 2005 at 23:12.

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    The craftworlders are not the 'nice' eldar at all.. They are haughty, arrogant, insular creatures who don't leave much room in their lives for luxuries like compassion or friendship, and who don't trust very easily. Some, like the Saim Hann, are also capricious and violent when the mood takes them. In short, they're no nicer than the dark eldar, they merely do what they have to to survive, which is generally a little less monstrous, but not always. Is manipulating millions of humans to their deaths in order to save a few miserable eldar lives really any better then capturing and killing those humans yourself in order to save some eldar lives?
    a very good point indeed, i just recently read through thir codex a bit closer and thier view on other races is clear, "if they can die for us, then so they shall. If they stand before us, then they shall die".
    Eldar be it dark of craftworlders isnt nice at all, Dark Eldar is just more in touch with their arrogance and superiority
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I'm going to have to agree that this is definatley too nice to be dark eldar. Sounds more like a young lost eldar group to me. The whole reason they are called "dark eldar" are because they are insanley evil, and what not. They are more like the eldar before the fall, with no limit to thier excess. Your story could work if your guys were a group of eldar lost in the warp or something. But I would not use DE to represent them. I mean the DE codex itself reflects their fluff. Why would "friendly" eldar have suped up drug-addicted witches, wargear designed for pain and torture, and flesh puppets that do their bidding? Also, the others are right, Eldar are not "nice". If your guys reflected the appearence of dark eldar at all, the craftworld eldar would engage and attack you without question or stopping to talk. I'd keep these things in mind when revising your fluff.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

I'll agree w/ beast on this one. :yes:

Thats what I got. I think its kinda...diffrent.. Although, I'm going for that, so its ok. I plan to have my faction of Dark Eldar be more compassionate and have very close ties to the Eldar. Anyway, what do you guys think?
    This sound more like the Harlequins.

However, it does sound very intriguiung. I would just add a little sentance here an there, to add to the "Dark Eldarness" of it all. Like "she walked away, and he went back to playing with the the small animal that he had been tourturing." Dark Eldar are also very selfish, and I doubt they would help anyone but themselves. :yes: Also the environment they are brought up in effects them. If for your childhood, you were constantly fending of back stabbers, you'd en up pretty messed up. :yes:

Oh, and its Tyranids not Tyrnnids.

Hope that helps.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

+ Reply to Thread