CSM armour - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSM armour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

CSM armour

...why is it Mk 7? I thought that happened after the Heresy, is it a sculptor mess-up? Or is there some explanation for why CSMs have Mk 7?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that GW just likes the new power armor more than the older versions. (me too actually)
    Chaos could have some new versions, since there are some traitors that joined Chaos after the heresy, but the majority should have old armors.
    The same stuff with their vehicles.
    During the heresy they took some land raiders into they Eye of Terror, those should have been pre-heresy variants. But the ones you get in the box are post-heresy variants.
    You could fix this by ordering the FW land raiders, but that way you pay 3 times the price of a normal one.
    Back on the troopers:
    They do all have those greave-things (not the kneepad) so maybe GW tried to make them look older than the Imperial version by doing that...
    My thinking is all just a guess, I'm not sure of this.
    Chaos does not need explaining! guess what? Chaos cannot be explained!
    Quote Originally Posted by BobaHat
    Chaosdude is a dutch, heretic surfer who hangs around the red light district picking up daemonettes..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my guess is too, that GW just wanted the CSM to look as new and revamped as the new SM. so they added the mk 7 armour. which i think is really wrong
    I'll go out on a wild goose chase here if you don't mind.
    *Chasing geese*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can justify the fact that they have the armor by saying they stole it from the Imperium but its still a little weak shall we say.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, maybe it is a little weak, but you also need to think about how their armor was warped and changed when started living in the EoT, maybe their armor "evolved", for lack of a better word, into something like Mk7 armor to combat the loyalist space marines armor, eh?
    This night is wild, so cold and dull, these hearts they race from self control

Carpe Noctem (because Diem is too bright)

Blood Angels Wins:6-Draws:0-Losses:5...apparently i'm doing decently for a guy who randomly charges into certain oblivion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Ok boys and girls, the reason why CSM got mk 7 power armour is... GW got lazy, the boxset is based on the tactical squad, they did some changes to the armour and they had their CSM.

But meh, you could give the fluffy reason too, that they scavanged it from dead SM etc, but yeah, otherwise, it's like I wrote before.
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Vindkall
    Ok boys and girls, the reason why CSM got mk 7 power armour is... GW got lazy, the boxset is based on the tactical squad, they did some changes to the armour and they had their CSM.

But meh, you could give the fluffy reason too, that they scavanged it from dead SM etc, but yeah, otherwise, it's like I wrote before.
    I know that, I'm just wondering if they ever gave a qualification for the Mk 7 being on CSM in the fluff. It would make my modelling life a lot easier if they did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

In some of the fluff I've read, mark 7 was already widely issued and the most common armour variant at the time of the heresy.

Look at the Horus Heresy books.. full of mark 7 armour, as are all the index astrates articles showing pre heresy marines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the marines used mark VI armor more but Mark VII armor was just beginning to become mass produced. You know, the armor with the weird beak for a nose.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Tactical Dreadnought Armour Mark I

Hey. Does anyone know if there are various fluff versions of Terminator armour?
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast