Chaos Gods = Human Gods? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Gods = Human Gods?

This might be really stupid, but if the Eldar have their gods Khaine and Vaul and the rest, and the Orks have Gork and Mork, would that mean that the chaos gods are in fact teh human gods as humanity are the only really major race left (who have a warp signature, tau presumably wouldn't have gods since they're not psychic)?

Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

In a word no. They are the manifestation of sentient emotion and are not limited by race. Slaanesh for example is strengthened more by eldar faith and souls it is by human faith and souls.

However, I do remember reading somewhere that one of the inquisition factions think that the emperor is now effectively the god of humanity, because his soul is not imprisoned in his body anymore and can now freely move in the warp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, in that case though wouldn't Orks fighting contribute to Khorne's power? I thought them fighting contributed to Gork (or Mork, whichever is the fighty one). Or does it contribute to both?
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

I've always thought that gork (and possibly Mork as well) are just Khorne in another form. Every drop of blood spilt strengthens khorne, so whether they want to or not they are strengthening khorne. I guess Gork and Mork could be seperate gods from khorne but the behaviour of orks is still going to increase the power of khorne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So would Gork and Mork be more or less powerful than Khorne then? Because although all the bloodshed feeds both, the Orks all worship their gods and worship seems to be a major source of power for warhammer gods.

Sorry about all teh questions by the way, I'm kinda new to this and trying to figure out where the different sides all stand in relative power and suchlike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gork and Mork are said to actually be separate gods and are supposed to be the most powerful gods because they feed off the energies of all orks, not a particular thing the orks are doing.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

no problem! Khorne according to fluff is the most powerful god (except maybe the emperor), because every pointless murder, and every hate filled blow gives him power. Gork and Mork are just given power by Orks whereas Khorne gets power from everyone and everything that uses violence or hate or killing, etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I understand Ork psychic energy does not really interact with the warp. I don't know if Mork and Gork exist within the warp as such, or if they are just personifications of the Ork psychic fields and the effects thereof.

I think Khorne would be strengthened when blood is spilled in any "chaotic" fashion - sadism, murder, anything that would be based on death for the sake of death basically. I dont think Orks, for example, kill because they lust for that power or whatever as much as they fight for the fight (as it is their culture/genetic purpose, basically).

So I'd guess that it is the intentions that give strength to the Chaos gods, or not. My 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x1)

whatever I've seen of fluff implies that Khorne gains strength from the phyisical usage of violence - the intention is peripheral IMHO. Has anyone seen the book of khorne or whatever its called, the fluff book just for Khorne that was released a while ago? That has a lot of info on this kinda thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't all psychic phenonema based in the warp therefore even if gork and mork are just personifications of the orks' psychic fields they would still exist in the warp.

Also doesn't it just say that Khorne is the most powerful Chaos god rather than most powerful overall?

As far as I can undersatnd what has been said orks just existing strengthens Gork and Mork, and Orks fighting stregthens Khorne as well. Am I right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast