Illuminati & Sensei Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the I might start a new thread about these beings...

They were described a long time ago and featured in the Inquisition Wars Trilogy.

I don't have any other info apart from the Rule book where a cell of the Star Child was detroyed.
    The Inquisition supposedly destroted them and that only a hunted few are left...........may I say balderdash...

These are immortal beings and they've lasted for at least 10,000 years and one attack destroys them? Highly unlikely if not impossible. I would think that these are the younger Sensei, perhaps less than half a millenium old.

Any guys here actually use them in Game play, perhaps against Chaos?

Also what happened to Jaq Draco - any fluff available? Is he now one of the Illuminated or is he still a ghost in the webway?

Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaq Draco I think is probably just ghosting around the Webway. Fantastic novels by the way, redeemed Ian Watson for the whole A.I. piece of crap. I would want to know how many of the emperor's children have been found and become Sensei Knights and how many members of the Illuminati? What are their connections to the Eldar? Are any of the High Lords of Terra members?
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are these two groups? WHAT are they? Please help me out!
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While the emperor was alive, he had many children. they were all psychic nulls so he doesn't know about them which would suggest that he didnt actually have sex and they were unconscious immaculate conceptions (hold on I'm going somewhere with this). A supersecret group who call themselves the Illuminati who are in league with at least the farseers of Ulthwe were formed to find these divine beings. The way to enter into the Illuminati is to be possesed by a demon and then have it exorcised out of you. This makes one "enlightened." Once they find one of the Emperor's children they indoctrinate them into the the Sensei Knights. These beings are immortal and go on a thing called "The Long Watch." When the Emperor is beyond all endurance and his physical body finally dies, the Sensei Knights will be ritually sacrificed at the same time. When this happens, their essence will form the Numen, a thing that embodies all the noble attributes of humanity, the things that the Emperor had to discard when he was entered into the golden throne and become a passionless and merciless protector of man. The Emperor's divine soul will fly unfettered into the Warp, finally unchained by his mortal coil and join with the Numen and become the Star Child. When this happens, the true battle will begin with chaos. The emperor will unify the discordant pysche of mankind into a harmonious one. This will cause the Chaos gods to become one being which the Emperor will fight and then destroy. The chaos gods want to avoid this from happening because they want the chaotic nature of four beings o exist and also it will mark their destruction. This will be Armeggedon if you will. It will be the Emperor's second coming. It will also avert Rhana Dandra which the eldar beleive to be the battle with chaos which will destroy the warp and the physical universe so they want this to happen too. The Emperor cannot know about his sons because if he did he might surrender his will before he destined time and the Numen will not be created, thus damning the universe.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sensei are actually descendant of the Emperor. In life he had normal children. His genes came into play after several generations.
    I think this fluff came after the Inquisition Trilogy. Otherwise how come the Emperor didn't know he had children, a bit careless with his semen...neh?

The way to enter into the Illuminati is to be possesed by a demon and then have it exorcised out of you. This makes one "enlightened"

The one I read is that they have to purge the demon themselves. Willpower against willpower.

I read that an Inquisitor cannot be a Sensei, which is nonsense how else are there stories of the wandering Inquisitor. I would theorise that there are Sensei out there who keep a close eye on the Ordos.

The Illuminati as also the only known non-Eldar allowed into the Black Library.

Once they find one of the Emperor's children they indoctrinate them into the the Sensei Knights. These beings are immortal and go on a thing called "The Long Watch

The most powerful would know of the plans of the Illuminati. At least nine thousand years old for some of these guys remember?

Could a Sensei become Illuminated?
    What happens when they are possessed by a Daemon Prince?

:a
    Obi

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Jaq Draco shot him self or was shot in the head. He's dead, this happens in the last book of the trilogy.

As to the sensei they are the Emperors children, he doesn't know about them, but they are preparing for the time when the Emperor is released from his mortal shell and enters the warp to become the Star Child.

The Illuminati are pyskers possed by a daemon but have forced it out of their body and are now immune to Chaos. When the Emperor's time to die is ready the Illuminati and the Sensei will destroy his mortal body and release his essance.

I think that's right, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many Illuminati are there?

Good question. The radicals of the Inquisition influenced by the Illuminati created at least one partially Illuminated Space Marine Chapter The Exorcists.

They are subjected to possession to a daemon and then exorcised. THis left them more capable of fighting against daemonic possession.

Fluff wise the company commanders and librarians would be possessed again, but this time they would fight against the possession themselves. The end result would be an Illuminated being or a dead daemonhost. <_<

As an order who is helping the human race become stronger? They would have to recruit from the shadows. Perhaps identifying the ones more capable of throwing off possession.

I wonder if the Grey Knights have some among their number. THis could be a reason as to why not one has fallen to Chaos...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Leader of Mankind was a Gigalo. his descendants must be the true rulers of the Imperium then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who or what the heck is a Gigalo? :blink:

Is that published anywhere?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all old fluff and has been superceded and officially denied in the last year innit....

Consigned to the dustbin of history along with Shuriken-catapult toting Space Marines and Imperial Jetbikes.

A &#39;Gigolo&#39; is a male prostitute Nemogbr,

This term has been lionised in recent years to cover any promiscuous male but basically just means male-whore.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast