Who Are The Men Of Stone And Iron? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have read in short stories by Gav Thorpe a reference to the men of stone and the men of Iron. I have also read in WH 40K timelines that refer to these beings. And in the first Gaunt's Ghost novel I think they mention the men of Iron. Can anyone elaborate on what these beings are?

“Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's just symbolical? The Men of Stone could refer to humans before the Golden Age of Technology, and the Men of Iron could refer to the band of humans that was led by the Emperor, and who conquered all the other bands of humans together to form the Imperium?

OR Men of Iron could be the very first genetically modified humans that were created by the Emperor. Sort of like a precursor to Space Marines. Not quite as superhuman as them, but stronger and faster than normal humans.

John Reeves "Overcode" Hall, 1980-2005, http://overcode.yak.net/1

DONATE TO THE FIGHT AGAINST MELANOMA
    http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t...99915-86454580

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Guants Ghost they made it seem like the men of iron were like robots in "sleep mode"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

during the dark age of technology man got too far ahead of himself and created machines(which they are probably gonna say the Dragon caused) and these machines turned against man and so man decided to pretty much destroy all technology, that is why the imperium is far behind in tech. and why only bits and peices remain from the dark age of tech. just think Dune, and if you dont know about dune then go read it NOW!!!!

this is all i know about the men of Iron and stone so maybe one of the other members knows more.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This explanation makes good sense: The Iron Men (supplied on the down low by the Dragon) became too powerful for mankind to control and turned against their masters, no doubt causing galaxy wide destruction and a deep distrust of technology. That would explain why there are no pure androids in the Imperium and only the servator cyborgs. This coupled with the hysteria surrounding the emergence of pyskers caused the catacyslmic Age of Strife. Now the wuesttion remains, what are the men of stone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I'm just speculating here but I've heard references to Golems in the early days of the Imperium, i.e. during the founding of the original Space Marine legions. As far as I know (Feel free to correct me), Golems are creatures of Earth and Stone. The Men of Iron are odd robot kind of things that are unstoppable and are relics of STC (Standard Template Construction) technology. They were sealed up and all knowledge of them was lost long, long ago. But the Men of Iron still exist on certain planets, along with the STC machines that can produce them in terrifying numbes. The men of stone, like I said, may be the golems I heard reference of while reading about the original Primarchs. If I can find that particular passage I'll post it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im just assuming that the men of stone are the same as the men of iron as i've never heard of them.
    Wir Werden Vorherrschen!

"I cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism. You turn into a real beautiful woman."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No they are in fact two different things. The Men of Stone created the Men of Iron. I agree with Xyan's explanation that the Stone Men are some sort of golem. It makes sense in some bizarre only-in-Wh 40K-sort-of-way.

Closed Thread