Early stage renegade SM fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Early stage renegade SM fluff

This is really in an early stage... Still thinking about certain things...

The whole point is that the chapter gets stuck in a gargantuan tempest of energy, caused by a Space Hulk materialising into a gasplanet like Jupiter.
    Anyone knowing the stories of Storm, by Don Lawrence will know the rest.
    The incredible energies inside the storm will slow time itself down inside the storm.
    The chapter, already having less reliable geneseed, Raven Guard, will mutate... wrong word, evolve over time... That's the whole idea behind it...

I'll probably drop the Eldar stuff, althrough I'm still thinking about the Necrodermis(Living metal)...

The whole fact of changing the genetic deviancies of the Raven Guard geneseed is for practical reasons... It is hard for me to make a mini-me while the model has a white skin... :tongue:

+++Investigation of the Lacerators chapter [EX-786/378]+++
    Commit to: Inquisitorial Archive [classified 567-5643 Ref. Cod.]
    Date: 3539670.M41
    Input Clearance: Inquisitor Glarence
    Author: [heretic terminated]
    Transmitted: [classified]
    Transmitter: [classified]
    Reciever: Astropath Jeruzahlem

Thought for the Day: May the Emperor guide my mind

I am writing this as you requested. I have heard rumours about this chapter, but it is not of my concern. Nevertheless, here is all the information that I could find. Of course, to obtain such knowledge is hard, so I had to bribe certain persons. This will be included in the honoranium of course. I am sure we can work it out.

Your Obd'nt servant,

[heretic terminated]File: {classified}+Vindicare Temple+

+++File: Lacerators -- Data[63\H464-53]+++
    Geneseed: Raven Guard
    Tutoring chapter: Raven Guard
    Tactics: Stealth
    Imperial status: Excommunicate Traitoris
    Tactical status: Unknown
    Homeplanet: Eiolon:situated 683/EMp54 North-East of the Ultima Segmentum
    Planet status: Virus-bombed: cause 69843/564 Tyranid invasion
    Creed: Fear is the mindkiller
    Genetic deviances: None major notable, minor genetic curse, reverse of the Raven Guard curse.
    Instead of a white skin and black eyes, the Lacerators have a black skin and white
    eyes. A small genetic flaw, strengthed by the initiates, who are recruited from their homeplanet, and inhabit a black skin.
    Doctrine deviances: The Lacerators are known to "unleash" their energy before they march to war. They hold feasts while musically gifted Space Marines play loud and agressive music. They claim that in this way, the sounds of war will play inside their heads, enabling to attack in complete silence.
    Data:
    [expunged from library]M38 - Founding of the chapter
    [classified] - The list stretches to about 450 minor and major reports, ranging from small missions to crusades, but I have failed to list them.
    6423006.M40 - The strange loss of the chapter. After hunting a minor Ork Waargh traveling in a number of fragmented Space Hulks, they disapeared. What happened to them is uncertain, but it is rumoured to have conections to the devastation of the Gubrala system, where a highly unstable Ork Space Hulk materialised inside a planet. The explosion created a solar system sized energystorm.

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Phobovores - Forever lost in all eternity...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Imperial status: Excommunicate Traitoris
    Just wondering but if the chapter has disapeared then why this status? wouldn't they be considered destroyed or lost? Unless of course prior to their disapearence they were declred traitors then my question matters not...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

I haven't read the novel but that sounds...different (not a criticism) but why the Raven Guard?

All I know about their genetic mutation was that their Primarch (corax I think) tried to 'hothouse' space marines to replace the loses of the Istvaan v massacre

Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, it is all the deceit of the Inquisition...

I haven't developed my fluff far enough, but I say this... They still there...

Declared traitor after disapearance...

"I have served you for a long time, o Lord, but I have only one question for all those years of work. Why is a chapter that supposely died in a energystorm excommunicated? It doesn't make sense?"

The reason the writer of this article is declared heretic and assasinated...

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outsider
    I haven't read the novel but that sounds...different (not a criticism) but why the Raven Guard?

All I know about their genetic mutation was that their Primarch (corax I think) tried to 'hothouse' space marines to replace the loses of the Istvaan v massacre
    Using the "See, but not seen" trait...

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TehDarkPredator
    Genetic deviances: None major notable, minor genetic curse, reverse of the Raven Guard curse.
    There is no raven guard curse.. changing of skin and hair and eye colour is a natural side effect of becoming a space marine, although it affects some chapters more than others. Space marines often display physical similarities to their primachs. Thus, salamanders often have dark skin, and all night lords have black, pupiless eyes.

Perhaps you could explain the difference between evolved and mutated. Why did they suddenly 'evolve' anyway?

I'm still not liking this.. it's much, much better, but it's still too special for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/f...post&p=1059554

Would explain the "curse." Ain't no curse, but who cares... Imperials are genetic nitwitz...

Evolved is without chaos help, mutated is with chaos help... plus it sounds more original... :tongue:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

That's a different explanation to the one I've read.. Read the 'creation of a space marine article' on the GW website.

I just think you're still trying to be a bit out there, and it's not really working for me, so may I suggest an entirely alternative concept.

What about a chapter which recruits from a planet with an African paradigm (i.e. generally dark skinned inhabitants,) you could even throw in some cultural references as well, to make the picture more coherent. It's all up to you though, just bear in mind not everyone in the Imperium is white. If you can have the 'mongols in space' white scars, I don't see any problem with black marines.

They don't have to be from Raven Guard geneseed at all, provided their way of life justifies superior stealth skills. I don't think anyone's going to mind about you taking See but Not Be Seen. Skills aren't genetic, they're the product of experience. If an ultramarines successor chapter focuses on stealth, they'll develop superior stealth skills.

So, in short, you can have a chapter which is dark skinned and stealthy, without needing to create the raven guard successors from bizarro world.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; December 6th, 2005 at 00:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so I'll change the geneseed... Back to the drawing table... :tongue:

Edit: maybe Salamanders geneseed?
    Last edited by TehDarkPredator; December 6th, 2005 at 11:25.

+ Reply to Thread