Zso sahaal-(fluff based army questions) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zso sahaal-(fluff based army questions)

So i have a NL army based around the character Zso sahaal from the book (the nightlord) i am curently working on a model for him, and i was wondering what you guys would sugest i do, since my army IS extremly fluff based, and Zso hates chaos, i am blocking myself from using any daemon upgrades, no obliterators, defilers,, daemons(of course) or any thing daemonicly possesed, etc... , i was wondering if some how i could use pre hereasy rules, but what do you guys think?

thnx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

If your going to do it clossely linked to the book then id recomend doing a lost and the Dammed army made up of a lot of infantry (The non mutant kind)
    Ask not the ruleboys a question for they shall give you three answers each true and terrifying to behold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

And bear in mind the wonderful phrase that is "counts as". Sahaal may hate Chaos, but if you want to use the Chaos list, you need to use the upgrades otherwise the army isn't going to be competitive. Think up some ways for him to portray the dæmonic upgrades other than dæmonically, and it should all be well and good.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I'd just use a marine heavy, raptor heavy army with some dreads/tanks. It's highly effective. That could represent a zso sahaal loyal NL army. However, if your looking for an army right out of the book, basically him leading the army of underhive gangs/tribes, then a traitor heavy LaTD army is the way to go. The only tanks I'd use would be hellhounds or rhinos, as you can say he stole them from the Arbites.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could count some demonic mutations as special bionics...

Just say you won them from Iron warriors...

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Phobovores - Forever lost in all eternity...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah im gona have a Zso sahaal loyal marine army, and im gona have him take daemonic powers( Which will count as other stuff) example dameonic flight-now jetpack yada yada,
    and hes gona have a retinue fo shadowkin, and how im gona do this is count them as chaos hounds, which i will model as shadowkin, it will work because the rules for chaos hounds, alow them to move at speed of there master, and i can have 4(and at 12 points per thats great), and yeah, itl be cool.

what i have now in my army is
    Zso(just finished him hes in painting section)
    2 raptor squads
    3 troops
    1 termie squad
    1 dreadnaught (with interchangable weaponry)

and to come shadowkin retinue( chaos hounds)

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightLord Z

what i have now in my army is
    Zso(just finished him hes in painting section)
    2 raptor squads
    3 troops
    1 termie squad
    1 dreadnaught (with interchangable weaponry)
    Sounds like about 1500pts? I'm not a fan of termie squads in these type of point maches. They easily die from plasma death and never seem to make their pts back. I'd rather see some bikes with meltas and a nice champ with a p. fist to take down tanks and help out the raptors in cc, because, although they are good, raptors can't do it by themselves all the time. I'd also consider a havock squad. The ultimate tank busters in my opinion. Get 4 missle launchers with tank hunter for a cheap and highly effective squad, or 2 autocannons and 2 missles (with tank hunter of course) for more versitility. A 7 man squad would do the trick, 8 if you have no where to spend the pts.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, me forgot i have some havocs also, but my termies surprisingly have been doing prety well for me so far, and my lord has 2 lightning claws, and he hops around with the raptors, and to take out tanks or so on hes got a melta bomb, and im still playing around whith the main composure of my army, im realy itching to try my hell blade fighter, i just got the rules for it its pretty cheap(cant say..how many points...) and i think if used right quiet devistating
    and its great cause its Fast atack, so that totaly works with NL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Remember, though, that meltabombs aren't effective at all against armies like Tau or Eldar who have a lot of skimmers as their tanks. You'll need some ranged backup.

The Shadowkin use lascannons and autocannons in the book - it'd be justified if you put a few in your tactical squads for backup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

This is a fluff forum, guys...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast