The Not-quite-fallen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right - first post. so I don't know if this should be in Army Fluff or Army Lists, but anyhoo:

I have an idea for a "not-quite-fallen" army. The premise is that a group of Dark Angels - seperated from the rest of their chapter - are racing their way back home when they hear Lion El-Jonsen (spl) has come back to find Luther fallen.. yaada, yaada, yaada, you know the story.

However, my idea is that their Company Master/Force Commander/whatever, takes great offence at El-Jonson destroying Caliban - his beloved homeworld. He decides not to return his ships to the rest of the Dark Angels, allowing desenters to leave for (what remains of) Caliban, and heads into uncharted territoriesand settle on a planet. Affected by Warp storms, and wanting to remain obscure to the Imperium (or the Dark Angels at least), the rogue Marines keep to themselves... until now.

Essentially I wanted a Space Marine army that wasn't totally "good" or "bad". An enigma. Obviously, the Dark Angels would consider these rogues "bad", but there not alined with Chaos, so CSM players could consider them "good".

However, there are a few things I need to clear up:

a. Would a Commander even dare to go against his Primarch?

b. Is there any point making special rules, or should I just use the CSM army list without any Deamon stuff?

Tell me what you think - if it's a load of complete poo and unpheasable then say.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say it's certainly possible that a Grand Master/Master/Leader could turn against his Primarch for destroying his homeworld, after all, I think that Pre-Heresy, all the Dark Angels were recruited from Caliban.

I don't think you should use CSM rules. Using the DA rules would be far more realistic in game terms, but you might need to modify a few rules, or even replace some completely. I'd say they still hate the Fallen Angels for their heresy, but they'd also hate the whole Chapter, so you could modify those rules to include all other Dark Angels, including the fallen and the DA Successor Chapters.

They'd also have to be painted black, 'cause that's the colour the DA armour was, pre-heresy, and I don't think that they'd have the Stubborn rule, because they weren't part of the Chapter during that whole "Deathwing squad kills planet-full of genestealers" episode, although they could have the Intractible rule, I'm not sure..

Edit: Oh yeah, and this should probably maybe be in the Army forum.

John Reeves "Overcode" Hall, 1980-2005, http://overcode.yak.net/1

DONATE TO THE FIGHT AGAINST MELANOMA
    http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t...99915-86454580

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep the Stubborn rule after all they did disown their own Primarch. They could also have encountered great danger during their exile... 8|

For the fluff:

Luther and his Fallen Angels did revolt against their Primarch after all. Then there were those Luna Wolves and Thousand Sons who did warn the Emperor of Horus's treachery.

The Dark Angels would be suspicious of them and may well regard them as not quite fallen but even more unlikable than the Space Wolves,,, 8|

I don't think that they would attack them enmasse due to the big dark secret "might" be more likely to come out.

Remember also that the Dark Angels existed before El'Johnson was discovered on Caliban. So there would have been recruit from other worlds.

:a
    Obi
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Closed Thread