When Tau travers the Warp. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Tau travers the Warp.

I have a feeling that knowing the Tau, they will sooner or later create better technology, and instead of just skirting the immaterial, they actually jump through it. This I see might be easier for the Tau to accomplish, seeing as how they have no psycic power to corrupt anyways.

I wonder what would happen to their helpers, I would like to think that if they were to bring a few of every species along as a test, they would develope technology to shield them from the hazards of the Warp. This would eventually make it into the Empire, at least some of the worlds by way of the Rouge Traders and such.

I wonder what it would be like for the Tau Empire, once they enter and exit the warp?

I hope people are having fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to gauge how long the Tau will be in traveling the Warp, I think, mainly because it's so hard to say what the Warp really is. Is it a reachable, although inter-dimensional, place? Or is it more a physic manifestation, spiritual resonance, or whatever other impossibly hard to touch "thing" you can imagine. If it's more of a black hole type thing, then it might not be so long and the Tau can really starting pressing the fight against the Imperials. But if we're talking hardcore physic prowess is the only way in, they might never make it. In the end, though, the Tau would have to have at least some background information on the Warp, which even they might not have. And it doesn't look like the Eldar or the Imperials will be giving up any of their information soon.
    Turbo Charger +25 pts. Assault 3
    Notes: XV8's equipped with turbocharger may move 24" during the movemt phase and are totally able to delete any stupid Space Wolves they come across, because they looked at me wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

I don’t think the Tau will be able to improve their warp-travelling capabilities anytime soon, unless they find some human Navigators to work for them. The problem is that true warp-travelling can only be achieved using special psykers such as Navigators, and Tau are an entirely a-psychic race. They currently travel in the same fashion that un-Navigated Imperial ships use for short-distance jumps, which is to calculate the route from outside the warp and then hope the currents won’t change too much while they’re immerged in the Immaterium and lead them off course. This form of calculated jump is much riskier than the Navigated jump, and to reduce the risk one can only travel a few light-years per jump.

As for the Tau having no psychic powers to corrupt, that is true, but they can still be eaten by daemons as demonstrated in the book (and game) of ‘Firewarrior’. Therefore they naturally need a form of shielding against the warp, probably not unlike the Geller Field on Imperial spaceships. Their shielding is likely not anything as strong as a true Geller Field, seeing as they don’t dive deeply into the warp as do the Imperials, but they aren’t entirely defenceless either.

As for your comments about a ‘Tau Empire’, I’m a little confused. Isn’t it called the Tau Empire already? And don’t they already transport other species around? I’m not sure I understand you last question.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last question was just summing up the whole topic into a question, I know the Tau have a Empire.
    I hope people are having fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I always thought that Tau travelled the warp by skimming along the surface, rather than actually travelling through it. This is because, were they to actually enter the warp, they'd be completely and utterly lost.

Not being a psyker is not an advantage in the warp at all, in fact, it's a major disadvantage. Without a psychic navigator, a ship has no idea where it's going, or what it's doing. In the event that they actually managed to make it out, they could be anywhere.

But I could be wrong. Grephaun's idea almost makes more sense, and I'm just going on what I've heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they do travel the Warp on short hops by skimming, like the COdex says. But they haven't achieved any 'real' distance yet. And that's not gonna' help them land any Hammerheads on Holy Terra anytime soon.
    Notes: XV8's equipped with turbocharger may move 24" during the movemt phase and are totally able to delete any stupid Space Wolves they come across, because they looked at me wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

The warp from what i have read and this is my interpritation. The warp and extra dimetional plane. This is the area where the deamons and other manifestations live. It is also supposed to be where the powers of chaos are the strongest which is why the eye of terror is like it is. So it takes a pshycic to sort through the warp to determine when they reach or will reach their destination. Like a driver. The tau do not have this, they are still vulnerable to the fiends of the warp but are flying without a pilot sort of when they go into the warp. that is why they are only allowed to do short jumps. Like if you let your hands off the steering wheel, your car wont flip but eventually you will run into some problems. The tau could be able to travel throught he warp if they could only find a willing species that has the ability. Without warp or instant long range communication the tau empire will eventually fall. They will become to large to be able to react quickly enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the Tau empire would fall due to the inability to travel the Warp. First, the Tau would probably have more sense than to colonize small planets outside of the response range of a sept that can deal with major threats. The only real remedy there is finding some kind of 'lilly pad' system where there are a few major, fortified planets or systems with smaller ones in between. But if such a formation of planets exist in the Eastern Fringe is anyone's guess. Secondly, if the Tau were unable to find a quick and efficient way to travel the Warp, they could always take up the defensive and keep a fortified position in the Eastern Fringe. This could work because the Imperials feel threatened by the Tau's dynamic expansion and may lose some interest if the Tau consolidate in their own turf. And it isn't like the Imperials have only the Tau to worry about. Why spend time on a immobile, highly defended area of space eons away when Cadia is getting stomped to peices every thoudand years?

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Plus, for all we know, they could discover a NEW way to travel.

Maybe if they could reverse engineer the necrons teleporting ability? (unlikely)

But you know what I mean.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

The Tau aren't out to kill the Emperor. In fact, they don't have any "arch-nemesis" enemies at all. The Tau's objective is to slowly expand, until all races are united for the greater good. So, as I see it, the Tau don't really need super warp technology as they prefer to slowly expand, and they mostly keep to themselves except for colonizing the next nearest solar system. Who wants to try and wipe out the Tau when you've got a crapload of Orks always waging war, Tyranids eating your planets and Chaos trying to kill you? The Tau are much more likely to ally with the Imperium and help them defeat these threats. If the Imperium would just get over itself, they could combine with the Tau and become the "Greater Imperium", with bolters and railguns. However, the damned Imperium has too much pride, and won't accept the help of any other race.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast