The Fall - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Fall

Somewhere within the dark deeps of oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fall

Hi I never understod why Slaanesh was born i know that it have something to do with the fall of the eldar and the creation of the eye of terror, but what did the eldar do?

Long ago there was something in me, but now that thing is gone,
    I cannot cry, I cannot care, that thing will come back no more.

If you like someone's post and/or found it useful please add to their reputation

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

The eldar reached a level of technology that meant they could persue recreation instead of work. As most if not all of the eldar were psyhic (and much more powerful than they are now) they started to create an area in the warp fuelled by their desire for pleasure.

This area grew as time wore on and grew stronger, it started to become self aware, when it finally beacame self aware the force of a new emerging 'god' within the warp ripped the very fabric of reality apart.

This 'explosion' made a pearmanant warp/realspace overlap that is now known as the eye of terror.

The eldar in their pursuit of pleasure had created Slaanesh- the god of sensation. Its birth cry ripped the very souls from eldar bodies for food and broke the eldar's power forever.

When an eldar die its souls will be claimed by slaanesh ('she who thirts'), thats why they have spirit stones so their souls can live one, not being devoured by slaanesh.

Thats the jist of it at least, I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Thumbs up to the outsider.. whose basically said it all.

A few side points though, firstly, Slannesh is the god of excess as well as sensation. I've read fluff somewhere that he was created because eldar are prone to obsession and over focusing on one thing, not just because of their massive orgy parties. This would explain why most craftworld eldar switch professions regularly, to avoid becoming trapped in their own indulgent obsessions.

According to the Dark Eldar, the craftworlders were the ones who realised something was going wrong with their empire and fled the centre before the opening of the eye of terror. The dark eldar were those who remained, survived slannesh's post-birth munchie attack, and crawled their way from the wreckage.

I believe Asurbadael Vect was supposed to be a living saccrifice before the fall but Slannesh awoke during the ritual, and everyone around him died. It's also worth noting that Dark Eldar don't wear soulstones, instead, they have to extract the spiritual energy from other beings (this is a haemonculus' real job.. the torture is a means to an end) to keep their own souls going, as Slannesh is constantly eating them from the inside out.

Noone knows what happens to those who die and get eaten by slannesh. But I think it's more than just getting munched. Dark Eldar who die always have expressions of horror and agony on their faces, suggesting its not terribly nice.

Harlequins are the other exception. With the exception of the Solitaire, who belongs to Slannesh thanks to his special role in the dances, they've managed to break Slannesh's hold over them somehow, and don't need to wear soulstones.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; December 22nd, 2005 at 19:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression that the Harlequins weren't accepted under 3rd or 4th ed rules. Is this correct?
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Skulls for the Skull Throne!
    - Warcry of the World Eaters

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

The harlequins still exist, but they are very secretive (probably so GW doesn't have to write about them). They aren't as mainstream as they once were, but they still exist (barely).

Their rules are out of date but are still legal and useable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

And they still exist in the fluff, which is what makes them relevant for this discussion. :yes:
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get their rules free from GW website... I would say, DON'T CHARGE THEM!!!

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Phobovores - Forever lost in all eternity...

+ Reply to Thread