The Twilight Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member The_Wandering_Ace's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Twilight Marines

(there may be some mistakes in this fluff, as this version of my fluff was typed up like long ago, and i didnt check if its fine, but there it is)

>>Studying the Twilight Chapter>>
    One of the main reasons the Twilight chapter was created was to protect the local sectors from the growing numbers of Orks in neighbouring sectors that were rampaged by the Orks. The Twilight chapter was created considerably recent, as only the chapter master is over 2000 years old[said to be extremely older than that]. They are of the 24th founding.The chapter mainly operates in their home sector of Rengaron in the Ultima System and near the Ultramar Sector, and the chapter on occasion operate out of the system usually only when dire help is needed. The original chapter master, Endymion, is the current one as the chapter is quite young, and mostly fights along side the local Imperial Guard. The chapter is also known to work with the Ultramarines and Salamanders before, and get along with their fellow chapters well. But the chapter has fought alongside the Iron Hands before and tends to dislike their beliefs, as they find it grotesque that one would wish to be more machine than flesh, taking the whole meaning of being human[or superhuman] and find them quite ofensive.
    The chapter has participated in defending their sectors from the Arch-Arsonist of Charadon’s forces, and also has assisted the Ultramarines in the defeat of Hive Fleet Leviathan. The chapter’s homeworld of Janora Prime is an extemely beutiful planet, perhaps one of the cleanest and least polluted planets in the segmentum, dare i say the Imperium. The planet’s architecture and culture are similar to Holy Terra’s ancient Japanese culture. The planet is officially classified as a feudal world, but is more a combonation of both a feudal and civilised world, as the planet has populkations similiar to civilised worlds, but has limited industiral facilities. The planet’s poulation use mainly melee weapons and carry no firearms more advanced than a musket. The land consists of 7 main continents, but most in fact most of the world’s poulation live on the thousands of island located in the middle of all the continents. The chapter maintains many bases on the planet, around 2 on each continent, and an approximate number on the many islands of this world, but the main fortress-monastery is located on one of the main islands of the Poros Ocean, Hatae Island. The chapter only recruits from Janora Prime, and so if anyone wishes to become a space marine, they must first immigrate to Janora Prime.
    Since the chapter has had influences of the Utramarines, the chapter mainly balances
    their forces, but, the chapter does slightly diverge.
    - The chapter does not take any Land Speeders as it finds it dishonourable to shoot at the
    enemy then speed away, but do respect the other chapters that use these tactics, as
    the chapter barely wishes to start a quarrel.
    - The chapter is slightly geared more to assaulting than shooting from afar, because
    it is one with courage to fight face to face with the enemy. But, they do still use long-range
    weapons and Devestator squads as the planet’s history in war is known for their powerful
    assaults, as well as their accuracy from afar.
    As well as having a Chapter of space marines, the Twilight Chapter has their own Elite Corps of Veteran Marines, not included to the total count of space marines, but space marines none the less. These warriors are the squads that from the Twilight Chapter’s assault squads. These individuals are known as the Blade Templars. This corps is headed by Endymion, the Twilight chapter’s chapter master. All Blade Templars are the guardians of the many war-temples/shrines on Janora Prime, and are fielded in the chapter's forces as assault marine, veteran marines, and always in command squads. Every captain in the chapter must be a member of the Blade Templars, and must pass their brutal test.
    A candidate to be a new templar would be dropped at any known world of chaos, would have to survive for 1 week ny himself, and must kill at least 50 chaos minions per day with absolutely no assistance. This process insures that every rank among the Blade Brethren are elte fighters, and can survive as a one man army, in harsh circumstances.
    The chapter’s beliefs are related to the way they fight. The Twilight Chapter believes that honour is everything. Battle without honour, and you deserve no reward or medal. Also, the chapter honours marines who are fierce in close combat, usually putting them on the front lines, as they usually request it. The planet’s culture honours assault warriors highly as the planet’s main and most honourable weapon is the sword. As well, the marines who practice their marksmanship with extreme accuracy is highly revered as the planet’s culture also says that the bow and arrow is an honourable weapon. As I said, the chapter does not prefer using tactics like “hit & run?, and the fastest things in the chapter are the bike squadrons[similar to the planet’s many horses],
    and tanks. The chapter prefers not to be really secretive, and usually answers truthfully
    to most questions when asked.
    The Twilight Chapter plans out everything they do meticulously. So, when it comes to
    defense, they make sure enough of everything will be able to hold off anything that
    comes. For example, even though the chapter is not responsible for the local Imperial
    Guard, they have established Imperial Guard armies for their sector’s defence, having
    more than enough troops to defend the sector. The local Imperial Guard which I Speak
    of are known as the Emerald Falcons.
    As well, the Twilight Lagion has established some trade with xenos, but only
    with the Tau as the other Xenos are more hostile, unable to communicate with other
    xenos and have the special privelage of being allowed to use Tau space as a hub
    for their forces. Though, since the Tau are quite friendly with this chapter, the Tau
    are frequently encouraging the chapter and the sectors it controls to assimilate into
    the Tau Empire. But, presently, the chapter has refused their offer, but has fromed a small peace treaty, where both the Tau and Space Marines can request assistance from each other when in need. There has been some rumours that the chapter's beliefs are similar in the beliefs of the Tau Empire, but since the chapter's wide influence in the sector, their has been no opurtunity for the Ordo Xenos and Heriticus to check their status.

And yeah, that's all i got so far, i'll have to start working on this fluff agaim, as i said the fluff you just read was made lik a year or two ago. so yeah.

"Winners never quit, Quitters never win."

Armies Playing // 4
    = DaemonHunters
    = Tau Empire
    = Chaos Space Marines
    = Eldar

***)-The_Wandering_Ace-(***

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Excellent stuff.

There's a lot of detail, and you've bought things from other GW sources to make it more convincing. All in all, I'm impressed.

I'm not sure about the 'chaos planet' thing though. There are a few problems.

1) How do you get to a chaos planet. I'd imagine they're either in warp storms, or actively being fought over, since the Imperium doesn't really tollerate the loss of territory to chaos.

2) I think it's a bit extreme, even for a space marine, to survive alone in such a place. I know you probably don't mean an actual daemon world, or anything as extreme as that. But even then it seems a bit far to go just for a test.

Also, the fact that they've established trade with the Tau doesn't really work. Space marines hate Xenos, no matter how friendly or nice they are. They're just built and trained that way. I know some imperial citizens and even troops aren't so principled, but marines are supposed to be foaming fantatics, and I can't see them consenting to non-violent contact with aliens very easily.

Junior Member The_Wandering_Ace's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the xenos thing:
    I think my chapter tends to be a bit divergent. Im not sure if this would be accepted by all fluff readers, but my chapter has diverged to be more co-operative with some xenos(only tau) and can be considered a flaw, just like how BA have black rage and red thirst, and Space Wolves gene seed is flawed n all that, and i forgot to mention in the fluff that my chapter has been investigated by the ordo heriticus before. So, thats the only explanation i have for the chapter establishing trade routes with the Tau Empire.
    About the chaos world thing:
    You're right my chapter doesnt send anyone to daemon worlds, but they send them to worlds that are controled by chaos cultists, none of which are huge threats, and is found in perpetual war, and so gives a suffice challenge to blade brethren. I think it would be quite easy for a space marine to kill an average chaos cultist, not unless that cultist is a psyker or someone that could call on daemons, which is not the case. And the only explanation i can give for the planet not being virus bombed by now is that because of the Imperium's beauracracy, the chapter master of the twilight marines has great influence in his sector, even among higher authority, therefore the chaos planet has been left as usual.
    "Winners never quit, Quitters never win."

Armies Playing // 4
    = DaemonHunters
    = Tau Empire
    = Chaos Space Marines
    = Eldar

***)-The_Wandering_Ace-(***

+ Reply to Thread