Odyssea of the Legio Nemesis - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odyssea of the Legio Nemesis

If you already readt the old pieces... Don't read it! :lol: I did make some changes about the energystorm.
    ---------------------------
    The Legio Nemesis began as every young chapter, althrough they experienced some serious difficulties in the beginning. The their homeplanet was surrounded by little Ork empires. They suffered many losses in the early days, thus they adapted a stealthy tactic, but the fact that they all, like the Salamanders, are capable of creating their own stuff, allowed the Techmarines to slowly build up a big amoury, despite the fact they lacked numbers.

When they had their numbers stabilised, they started their crusade against the Xenos, Traitor and Dæmon, like many young chapters full of gungho. Fighting alongside many Inquisitors, defending beleaguered cities, they showed much good-will towards Imperial institutions, which many chapters lack. If they had the numbers, and were in the neighbourhood, you could request their assistance.

However, their ideology wasn't to serve the Imperium, they were the successors of the Salamanders, and just like their predecessors, the Legio Nemesis served the Emperor and were concerned about the children of the Emperor, the Imperial citizens. When they had seen a number of Exterminatus, their conscience began to speak. They started getting more louse with the rules, start breaking rules, stealing goods they needed and sometimes not responding to help calls... What would it matter, why fight, when the Inquisition will exterminate the planet soon.

Later on, the chapter began to work in the shadow of the Imperium, defending places far away from the long claws of the Inquisition. The only occasions they fought alongside the Inquisition was when the planet could not be virus-bombed. They moved along with Rogue Traders and began traveling all around their Segmentum. Certain persons in the Inquisition were beginning to become suspiciuos of the Legio Nemesis, but they lacked sufficient proof to declare them heretic, as a result of their assistance to the Inquisition.

Until the chapter disapears after chasing Orkish space hulks... After the Orks emerged out of the Warp, chasing a minor Waaagh!, one of the Ork space hulks materialised into a giant gasplanet, setting a chainreaction in action. The energy ripped a small part of the Warp open into the Materium, and destroyed the system star. The whole star system became one big explosion. When the Legio Nemesis arrived out of the Warp, the destructive heat was gone, but the energies swirling around the derbris of the system wrecked the laws of nature. The energy wasn't a Warpstorm, just like it wasn't a supernova...

...A research station is still, after a 1000 years researching the Zakakazah Incident as it is called after the Mekboy that converted the space hulks of the Waaagh!. The storm has diminished enourmously in this millenium, from the size for an entire system, to a small energystorm amids a gargantuan astroidfield but it still exists...

---------------------------

+++Investigation of the Legio Nemesis chapter [EX-786/378]+++
    Commit to: Inquisitorial Archive [classified 567-5643 Ref. Cod.]
    Date: 3539670.M41
    Input Clearance: Inquisitor Glarence
    Author: [heretic terminated]
    Transmitted: [classified]
    Transmitter: [classified]
    Reciever: Astropath Jeruzahlem

Thought for the Day: May the Emperor guide my mind as He guides my blade

I have written this as you requested. I have heard rumours about this chapter, but it is not of my concern. Nevertheless, here is all the information that I could find. Of course, to obtain such knowledge is hard, so I had to bribe certain persons. This will be included in the honoranium of course. I am sure we can work it out.

I have served you for a long time, o Lord, but I have only one question for all those years of work. Why is this long dead chapter a matter of concern. I have heard many rumours, ridiculous nonsense. This is of course the wild imagination of drunken fools, but still, I feel uncertain. Is there something I missed? Of course this is not a matter for me to concern, but this has puzzled me for all those years I have worked on this report.

Your Obd'nt servant,
    [heretic terminated]File: {classified}+Vindicare Temple+

+++File: Legio Nemesis -- Data[63\H464-53]+++
    Geneseed: Salamanders
    Tutoring chapter: Salamanders
    Tactics: Stealth vanguard force, mechanised rearguard force. Known to have hijacked ghost ships to use as mobile base of operations. Ship cleansing tactics include used of poison gas and viruses.
    Imperial status: Mortis Galactica(Death by the perils of space)
    Tactical status: Unknown
    Homeplanet: Eiolon:situated 683/EMp54 North-East of the Ultima Segmentum
    Planet status: Nuclear cleansed: cause 69843/564 Tyranid invasion
    Creed: Apocalypse now
    Genetic deviances: None notable, Althrough there were rumours concerning periods of insanity, paranoia and berserk rages.
    Doctrine deviances: The fact that the Legio Nemesis was based on a normal gravityworld, had made them used to normal gravity movement. Also did they lack the stubornness of the Salamanders. Alike their progenitors, they were excellent craftsmen.
    Aside from that, the Legio Nemesis were known to "unleash" their energy before they march to war. They held pitfights while musically gifted Space Marines played loud and agressive music. They claimed that in this way, the sounds of war would play inside their heads, enabling to attack in complete silence.

Recorded violations of Imperial Law:
    *Unauthorised use of abandoned ships
    *Unauthorised mining of metal composites
    *Unauthorised looting of ancient/valueable/rare artifacts
    Violations forgiven on behalf of[list expunged from library]. This list was probably as summary of the planets the Legio Nemesis had protected/saved/reconquered.
    Inquisitorial investigations:
    *Geneseed purity regarding rumours about insanity
    *Investigations on the music and practices of the Legio Nemesis
    *Investigations of the Armoury, in regard to stolen materials
    No evidence was found.

Data:
    [expunged from library]M38 - Founding of the chapter. They had suffered many losses in the early stages of the chapter due to nearby Ork planets. This resulted in the useage of guerilla techniques. When they gegained their numbers, the Legio Nemesis retained the guerilla warfare, along with their armadas of vehicles, crushing aside the pockets of enemy resistance the infiltrating force had left uncharged.
    [classified] - The list stretches to about 450 minor and major battles, but I have failed to list them. Noone I know had acces to these specific statistics. I have heard rumours about a particular interest of the chapter in fighting Eldar, pirate Orks and Necrons.
    6423006.M40 - The strange loss of the chapter. After hunting a minor Ork Waargh traveling in a number of fragmented Space Hulks, they disapeared. What happened to them is uncertain, but it is rumoured to have conections to the devastation of the Gubrala system, where a highly unstable Ork Space Hulk materialised inside a planet. The explosion created a solar system sized energystorm.[information:435/34Ad.Mech.Restricted]
    4108745.M41 – Not of importance to the Legio Nemesis, but concerning their homeplanet. While the battle between Space Marine and Tyranid raged on Macragge, other worlds on the Eastern Fringe also felt the fury of the mindless Hive Fleets. The Tyranids landed on Eioilon, smashing right through the Ork setlements far in the jungle, and headed in one charge to the cities in the north, allowing the southern population to nuclear bombard the entire surface of the planet, while hiding in the bunkers, several miles below the surface. Rebuilding of Eioilon has begun, since radiation levels have been reduced thanks to the knowledge of the Adeptus Mechanicus

--------------------------------

I am still orientating and experimenting with the storyline. I will make the restricted Adeptus Mechanicus report soon. As for the inspiration, the inspiration is from the books of H.P. Lovecraft and the Necron Codex... At least now you guys know which path I am following...

...a dark, ancient arcane road, down into madness... and the laughter of primal gods...

Last edited by TehDarkPredator; December 31st, 2005 at 13:58.

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Phobovores - Forever lost in all eternity...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Aside from the use of the Salamanders' geneseed, something that I'm not sure happens (perhaps that can be clarified by someone whose Index Astartes article isn't buried in a pile of WDs), it works quite well, although I haven't quite got what happened to them after the crashing of the hulk. Are they then excommunicated?

Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a mistake... I should have edited that part out... 'Tis supposted to be "Mortis Galactica". Death by the perils of "normal" spacetravel... Edit it right away.. Thanks...

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

I don’t see a problem with using the Salamander geneseed; according to the Index Astartes it is stable and appears uncorrupted, and the Legion’s size after the Horus Heresy (they were involved in the Dropsite Massacre on Istvaan V) is the only reason they don’t have any Second Founding Successors. It is unknown whether they have Successor Chapters from later Foundings, although it seems likely; the Storm Giants and the Black Dragons are thought to be two of such Successors, although suspected mutation of the Black Dragons’ geneseed has lead to questioning of the purity of their source zygotes.

Like Xerxes, though, I have a few questions: why exactly is the Chapter excommunicated, if their minor violations of Imperial Law have been forgiven, and the Inquisition found no evidence supporting their accusations? I suppose the lack of information is intended, though, seeing as the Vindicare writing the file asks the exact same questions. Also, what happened to them when that planet exploded? I’m guessing your signature picture sort of answers that question; whatever happened to them, they back now (and not looking too happy about it either.)

I quite like your fluff, though I hope we’ll have some of the questions answered later. Good job.

Edit: Ah, you edited your entry while I was writing mine. Drat, now I don’t make a lot of sense anymore. :tongue: Still, though, that doesn’t change the Vindicare’s question, which I’m still expecting to be answered at some point. I want to know what happened.

~Grephaun.
    Last edited by Grephaun; December 31st, 2005 at 13:21.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the Vindicare stuff... edited the letter... Sounded a bit weird...

The investigator who wrote the report was killed by a Vindicare assasin due to his "questions".

Surely the heretic has heared about "We're back... From the Dead." Hence my sig... :tongue:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by TehDarkPredator
    The investigator who wrote the report was killed by a Vindicare assasin due to his "questions".
    Ah, ok, seems I misunderstood that part. I thought the mention of a Vindicare meant an assassin had been sent to compile the information (what?! They don’t actually assassinate all the time. :tongue I admit your explanation makes more sense than my misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing that up.

Good fluff, as I said above. I’m looking forward to reading any additions you might add.

~Greph.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Oh, and it's Odyssey, by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

435/34Ad.Mech.Report._-Restriction level-_|_-Orange-__»{[43857/3549]
    00101100 00100000 01100011 01111001 00100000 01100111 01100101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00001010 01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01100110 01110010 01101001 01100101 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01100001 01101110 01100100 01110011 00001010 01010011 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01110100 01101111 01100111 01100101 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000

As you requested, mylord, I compiled the information. May it provide resourceful information for the Magos Physic.

This is the information we provided the Inquisition.
    [6423006.M40] An Waaagh breaked out of the warp, fleeing for something. The reason why is unknown to us. However, one of the Ork space hulks materialised into a giant gasplanet, setting a chainreaction in action. The energy ripped a small part of the Warp open into the Materium, and destroyed the system star. The whole star system became one big explosion. The energy wasn't a Warpstorm, just like it wasn't a stellar meltdown. This includes all information we could extract from the probe that was shred apart in the blast. Only one logdisk was still functioning.

The storm is not what we told the Inquisition. This is far worse then a mixture between a supernova and a warpstorm. This is an energyswirl, that somehow moves towards large energy outbursts. It has existed before it was attracted to the explosion, and it still exists. It might be some kind of unknown galactic mechanism, or as some Adepts said, an energy creature, but studies show it is more likely a extraordinary galactic storm, strengthened by a sudden rupture within the warp, when the instable warp engines of the ork space hulk assimilated into the gasplanet.

It is likely that normal "traveling storms" last for between a year and hundred years. We still don't know why a storm could change that much due to a rupture of the warp. The exact effect on the storm and the warp itself is unknown.

As for what happened to the Gripgindta system, we now have a logical reconstruction. As the fleeing ork space hulks try to outrun the Legio Nemesis fleet in the warp, a orkish space hulk in the vanguard materialises into a gasplanet. A gargantuan explosion follows consuming the planet, ripping a whole in the fabric of space, and succesfully opening a rift in the warp. The warp denizens welcome this, and flood the material world, orks being driven mad. Suddenly a enourmous blast scources the system. The moving storm has destroyed the star of the solar system and begins tapping energy from the warp. The dæmons that survived the supernova fear the devastation and try to close the rupture, but a small hole stays open.

The storm has diminished in size, over time. Still it is sustained by the small warprift. However, it will move in the future when a larger energy outburst will occur. This could prove to be dangerous for Imperial planets. But, thankfully, the storm is close to ork-held planets rising to power. It is likely that one Waaagh will capture a space hulk, so when some Tech Adepts will place some dangerously malfunctioning space hulks, or sabotage space hulks in the region, it is likely that the storm will move towards ork-held systems as soon as the ships will detonate.

The storm itself has a very interesting mechanism. It is both interesting, but also frightening. We detected an artificialy made metal alloy on astroids, supposely wreckage from space hulks, and that metal alloy is commonly uses by orks for making sluggas. Since the orks have only been for twohundred years in the Gripgindta system, before the blast, the age of the alloy should be between 1,200 and 1,000 years. However, radskrying revealed that the metal was over 145,000 years old. Further research pointed out that the storm somehow accelates time. Reseach is still being conducted. One interesting artifact is a 234,000 year old bolter. However that has gotten there is unknown, the weapon has not been converted to orkish standards. It possibly belongs to the Legio Nemesis, a Adeptus Astartes chapter considered Mortis Galactica.

I hope this amount of information is enough, mylord, to inform the Magos Physic.

---
    Tyde, Tech-Scribe onboard The Alseeing Eye. Research station former Gripgindta system
    Last edited by TehDarkPredator; January 6th, 2006 at 16:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by TehDarkPredator
    00101100 00100000 01100011 01111001 00100000 01100111 01100101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00001010 01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01100110 01110010 01101001 01100101 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01100001 01101110 01100100 01110011 00001010 01010011 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01110100 01101111 01100111 01100101 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000
    You know, translated from binary code to English, the paragraph above almost makes sense. However, a few letters and/or words seem to be missing. Is that intentional?

What I don’t entirely understand is the nature of this ‘energy swirl’ you mention. Is it like a warp storm, moving about and being attracted to energy emission sources such as exploding stars? Did it somehow influence what happened in the star system that exploded? What is it exactly?

I didn’t quite understand what the Adeptus Mechanicus intend to do about this energy storm or whatever you’d call it. I understand that they will somehow attempt to use it against the Orks, possibly by luring the Orks with deliberately abandoned Space Hulks? Or am I mistaken again?

Also, I don’t understand your point about the metal alloy on asteroids you mention; where do these asteroids come from? The energy storm? The exploded star system? I gather that since the storm is speeding up time, it’s not impossible that the Orks and the Marines supposedly destroyed when the star system exploded somehow survived within the warped space/time dimensions of the storm; that’s why their weapons and construct appear to be so old, even if they have only been lost for a thousand standard Imperial years.

I’d still like some more information, though, since I’m not at all sure I’ve understood your fluff correctly. Feel free to inform me differently if I haven’t.

~Greph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comment... I seem to always forget to give critical information... I'll edit it and make it more logical...

And the binary stuff... That's the adress of the message in decayed High Gothic Binary... decayed for about 40,000 years :lol:

+ Reply to Thread