Warp experiments and Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp experiments and Space Marines

I was reading the Demon Hunters codex under the radical inqusitors section and it mentioned that it is rumoured that some Space Marines use Warp touched weapons and that basiscally they have the same views as radicals.

I also remember reading about a loyal Space Marine chapter that was exposed to warp energies to see if it would make them stronger. I was just wondering if that is true or if I'm just crazy:wacko: It would have been on the GW site under some kind of chapter index a year or two back.

Anyways thanks for any replies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Another will have to confirm or prove the idea of marines exposed to the warp for greater strength, but there is a chapter that does use warp tainted artefacts. These are the relictors, formerly known as the fire hawks (unless I'm mistaken), and they believe that chaos can be controlled by the strongest in order to crush the enemies of the imperium and the emperor...

Heretic is heretic no matter how you spell it when it comes to relictors though.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

http://www.armageddon3.com/English/C...exorcists.html

I don't think it's a particularly well thought out piece of fluff myself, but I suspect this is what your looking for.

Oh and the Relictors were the Fire Claws (not Hawks...the Fire Hawks are the Legion of the Damned).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thank you Addoran thats exactly what I read before.

Do you think its possible to use as army fluff with a few agustments:

The only one I could really see is that there is no way Grey Knights would ever even think about fighting beside warp tainted marines.

I would take the traits of No mercy No respite, and Take the fight to them.

Negatives would be

We stand alone since no one would want to fight with them and Aspire to glory since they would be a newer chapter that no one wants to put any resources in since they are experimental.

Of course they would not be the exact same chapter but maybe a second experiment after the success of the Exorcists

Just asking Thanks for all replies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Salus
    Do you think its possible to use as army fluff with a few agustments:

The only one I could really see is that there is no way Grey Knights would ever even think about fighting beside warp tainted marines.
    It's cool fluff and it could certainly be used for an army.

As for the grey knights, it makes perfect sense for them to be there. In fact I doubt they would let the tainted chapter fight without some grey knights to clean up if they all revert to dameonic possession. At least not until after much more combat testing.
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Just FYI, the date on the communique for that piece of fluff is M36....which means it's what, 5000 years out of date? So it's quite justifiable to claim that the experiment finished long ago, and so continue your fluff from there. According to the Armageddon site there's supposed to be 12 companies of these guys running around which I think is either deliberately odd or a typo (the communique alludes to 2 companies, it's not hard to envision accidentally putting a 1 in front of that). Anyway, with it being so long ago you can write a whole backstory for the army to date.

Seeing as they are by now certainly past the 'experimental' stage, myself I'd write them up as leftovers as a failed experiment by the Ordo Malleus still trying to prove their worth and loyalty due to the prejudice other Imperial units show to them (that'd be an interesting back-story to write). I think they could also possibly make a great Daemonhunters army (using inducted Space Marines) to demonstrate their various anti-daemon powers and Inquisitorial mandate.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Also, because of the large number of Librarians included in the Blood Ravens chapter, they could also fit into this theme a bit, because I have the IA article on the Blood Ravens, and they too are known to allow new recruits to be possessed by Daemons. I can't remember exactly where this is, but its about a year old now.

Hope I was of a little bit of help,

Kate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think I could have them trying to make as little contact with the Imperium as possible because of it's prejudice (except of coasre for the Radical daemon Hunters that help create their marines) or is the general idea to over done?

I was also wondering do chapters ever go INTO the Eye of Terror to fight for extended periods of time or is this unheard of. I don't know hardly anything about Space Wolves so could some one tell me about thier 13th company. Do they fight in the Eye of Terror?

I just thought it might be interesting for my chapter to fight in the Eye of Terror for centuries at a time only coming out to resupply.

A problem would be that the Imperium would see a Space Marine chapter coming out of the Eye of Terror in full streagth looking possibly possed and shoot first ask questions later.

The one thing I just thought of is they might be in the eye of Terror (or any other likely warp storm) because there would be next to no Imperial forces. So they could fight with out having to worry about Imperial forces thinking they are corrupt.

I thought about calling the chapter: SALUS which is of coarse my screen name which is Latin for salvation

My chapter colors are already dicided by my painted models which are Dark blue and bright green. The colors don't exactly match but with a few changes I think I could make it work.

If I threw in a radical Inquasitor or two with some daemon hosts and say that the hosts are marines who's daemons weren't exorcisted I think that would be preatty cool both fluff wise and model wise.

Not only that but if I also make the army Psyker heavy because of thier link to the warp that also might help carry along the story.

Then I could also use the new Black Templar models with all the chains and everything and Knight looking helmets.....

Sorry for the rambeling

any posts are welcomed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The space wolves 13th company are protected from the effects of the eye of terror by their curse, so yes, they can live there.

Any other marine who spent a long time in the eye of terror would gradually go insane, become mutated or possessed, or otherwise suffer the ill effects of warp exposure. There's a reason the eye of terror hasn't been invaded.. Chaos is nasty stuff, and it corrupts and twists everything it touches.

+ Reply to Thread