Oblits can't take marks? Why? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oblits can't take marks? Why?

Just the question in the title. Why can't Oblits take chaos marks? Is it due to the limitations of weaponry given by the mark, or is it stated somewhere in the codex?

Thanks.

Nate

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Because only the units listed in the "Book of Chaos" can take marks of chaos.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at each part in the army list for a type of squad, it will say if they can take a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by page 25 of the Chaos Space Marine Codex
    Each Chosen unit may bear a Mark of Chaos and have Veteran skills
    If it doesn't say something like that, you can't have a mark of chaos or veteran skills. You only get what it says you get on their section, and if it says nothing, you can assume that you don't get it, because you probably don't. It says nothing about obliterators getting marks or veteran skills, and there is nothing in the codex to apply that they left it out and you should get it.
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeNathan
    Why can't Oblits take chaos marks?
    For the same reason that Possessed can't have Veteran Skills, Havocs can't have Frag Grenades, and Bikers can't have Lascannons. It's not a listed option for them in their unit entry, so they're not allowed to take them.

I believe this was answered in a thread just two days ago - the thread isn't even off of the first page of the subforum yet. Did you attempt a search before posting I wonder?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

I think he means fluff-wise and it's a fair question. Why don't any obliterators serve a specific god? I mean theyre just like possessed marines only slightly more mutated.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are part daemon, and that daemon chose not to serve any gods, because he rivals tanks in firepower, smashes people to bits in close combat, doesn't need any weapon upgrades, and is already very tough. So consider him like an exiled daemon, he doesn't want any gods, and the gods don't need him, or they would have him.
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutuus
    They are part daemon, and that daemon chose not to serve any gods, because he rivals tanks in firepower, smashes people to bits in close combat, doesn't need any weapon upgrades, and is already very tough. So consider him like an exiled daemon, he doesn't want any gods, and the gods don't need him, or they would have him.
    Lordlink and Mutuus actually had it correctly. I was wondering, fluff wise, why they can't take marks. When you think about it, it does make sense that obliterators just so kick-ass, that they just don't want to have part of any god. I think fluff-wise, I'm going to go witgh this. The Oblits are so infused with the power of the warp from being exposed for so many millenium that the cannot become part of just one god, instead an equal part of all four.

Rules-wise, yes, I was a bit confused on why they couldn't take marks, but I was more curious why, story wise, they couldn't.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by AnimeNathan; January 8th, 2006 at 20:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeNathan
    Lordlink and Mutuus actually had it correctly. I was wondering, fluff wise, why they can't take marks.
    Ah, well, if that's the case then this belongs in the fluff forum. Punting this over there as soon as I get don't typing out this response.

Which is right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Obliterators are actually created using a virus, which I believe was made by the iron warriors.

So, while they lend it out to other legions, maybe they have some problem with giving it to the cult troops.

Also, as mentioned, being an obliterator involves some kind of daemonic possession, and this does only seem to work on undividided. I think it's more like a parasitic possession like anything else though.. it's not like they have a sentient daemon living in their heads, it's more like they're just fuelled by daemonic energies from the virus they exist in symbiosis with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

besides being created by a techno-virus Oblitorators are a Sect devoted to theperversion of technology rather than any specific Patron or Chaos Undivided

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast