Dark side of the Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark side of the Tau

What secrets lay behind the Good and Tolerant face of the Tau? I have read recently on other forums about the Tau having a dark side. About how the Ethereals have a secret agenda, O'Shovah doing the Ethereals dirty work, about the involvment of the C'tan. I find this facinatins and would love to hear people opinions on it and if anyone has anything at all to say about the not-so-goody-goodyness of the Tau spill your guts here. I know i didn't explain the theories well above but i dont know much about them but i started this thread to find out.

"It is important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us."
    > Alan Kent
    The rise in the terror alert level was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively disabling their military.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

I believe most of this theory stems from the fact that the Tau have, within a relatively short amount of time, acquired technology comparable to the Eldar and Necrons and certainly vastly superior to that of the Imperium. This is likely to generate conspiracy theories as GW themselves have said that the Imperium is still speculating where the Tau were able to get such advanced technology and wonder if they didn't have some kind of outside help. That would account for C'tan involvement. The Ethereals having a secret agenda is definitely a possibility as they wield incredible power over Tau society - no Tau can refuse the request of an Ethereal after all. I don't know about O'Shovah doing the Ethereals' dirty work; I think he has reasons of his own for leading the Farsight Enclave and separating himself from Tau society.

Those are most likely just wild conspiracy theories created by very bored minds but we probably will never know. The more realistic dark side of the Tau is the two-faced ideology they put forward - we are tolerant of other races...as long as they join us. If you don't, then prepare to be crushed into submission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weeeell, that's a tough issue. There wasn't any mention of a Tau dark side in their codex or any of the fluf that I've read. No conspiracies or anything like that. I do agree with the semi-Imperial stance they take on conquest. Everyone's welcome, but you have to join anyways. Not that the Imperials are much different, but at least there are cases of Gaurdsmen and what not defecting or allying when they must. Just think about the Damoloces Crusade (Think I spelled that right) and the Human Auxillaries.
    Turbo Charger +25 pts. Assault 3
    Notes: XV8's equipped with turbocharger may move 24" during the movemt phase and are totally able to delete any stupid Space Wolves they come across, because they looked at me wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt read any official fluff on it. But i was on another forum site and it was discussed. it started with how the Ethereals appeared and led to a discussion of the mabye the ethereals are not a race of Tau persay and that they have some sort of agenda and are using the Tau for that purpose.
    "It is important to remember that the French have always been there when they needed us."
    > Alan Kent
    The rise in the terror alert level was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively disabling their military.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that reason O'Shovah seperated from the Tau empire is because he found out the truth about the Etherals (although no one knows what it is). The Tau most likely advanced their technology so quickly because of eldar involvment (why would C'Tan help anyone else, they just want to kill everything).

There has to be a dark side to the Tau. Think about it. Etherals appearing in the middle of a war who have complete control over the Tau. (I'm thinking demons.)
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree

Quote Originally Posted by grand master
    I believe that reason O'Shovah seperated from the Tau empire is because he found out the truth about the Etherals (although no one knows what it is). The Tau most likely advanced their technology so quickly because of eldar involvment (why would C'Tan help anyone else, they just want to kill everything).

There has to be a dark side to the Tau. Think about it. Etherals appearing in the middle of a war who have complete control over the Tau. (I'm thinking demons.)
    I personaly agree with the idea O'Shovah learning that there is a second face to the Ethereals. Thats why the Ethereal with his army died under "suspicious circumastances". That is my favorite theory about O'Shovah. Want I cant think of is what he discovered. What would make him betray an Ethereal? Does have to do with what they are, where they came from? or what they plan to do?
    > Alan Kent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I don't think Tau need a conspiracy to be dark..

I mean, think about it, they're a fundamentalist religious government with an aggressive, expansionist ideology. They pacify and incorporate other cultures, using them to fight in their armies, but not giving them any kind of rights of citizenship, because actually, unless you're an Etherial, there are no rights of citizenship in the Tau Empire. If the greater good dictates something, you do it.

Tau fans point out that the Tau are nice because they aren't xenophobic. If that's the case, why did they make the Kroot swear fealty to them, rather than simply forming a military alliance like they did with the rather more technologically advanced and scary Demiurg. They may not shoot aliens on sight, but their alternative is to reduce them to subordinate protectorates.

It's like 19th century British Colonialism, except with a crazy religious element.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I have heard lots of rumors, and I think that the Deciever controlling the tau may have weight (sorry to other fluff masters who have disproven this; kick me out if you want), but I think that the Deciever "introduced" advanced technology. He also spoke with some Tau, and they became the first Ethereals (mark on the forehead... I know, it has been highly debated, but...), and they agreed to do Deciever's bidding as long as they got power. So they did: they can, to a limited extent, control other Tau. They are being decieved by the Ethereals under the guise of "The Greater Good". The Tau also have no psykers. I know it takes a while for them to develop, but it could be the Deciever using Tau to keep the Warp at bay. They would be a psychically null race to enslave. The Deciever will make the Tau his next slaves (humanity is proving a little tougher than he thought...), and O'Shovah found out, and didn't like it. He killed the Ethereal with his group, and made a deal with the others: you don't hunt me down, and I won't blurt to the rest of the Tau that you're controlling them. They accept, and O'Shovah makes little trips for them, rounding up artefacts and such that the Deciever needs to do his thing...

Bogus? Maybe. A load of Kuhscheiss? Perhaps...
    When the new codex comes out, we'll see.
    Lord Baal of the Ordo Sanguinius Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all it doesnt sound too far fetched that the C'tan would help Tau i mean for one they are gods and can do things which dont usually benefit their lackeys in the way they want i mean look at the necrontyr they were promised everlasting life and assistance in killing or defeating the ancients but they paid by being the C'tans soulles automatons. besides all races have a dark side: humans, chaos(generally most chaos peons are human) Eldar Dark Eldar, Hrud Skaven (the skaven were a cult who warshipped the horned rat a minor god and invited Daemons to their planet therefore forcing them too flee and were banished by the Hrud for letting loose daemons on their planet and dooming them all yadda yadda yadd...) Orkz are voth dark and light in that they arent neccesarily "evil" but there brutal, savage and uncaring slaughterers.
    "A souls screams are merely their cries of thanks to the Chaos
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

The Kroot: You are what you eat.
    Tyranids: YOU are what WE eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Tau are part of the Old Ones plans to defeat the C'tan on their re-emergance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast