Choasy Ulthwe Eldar Fluff...Cheepo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choasy Ulthwe Eldar Fluff...Cheepo

History: Siana was a once fledgling Warlock of Craftworld Ulthwe before one of the Crafworld’s Farseer’s met a squishy demise at the hands of Chaos Lord on Acharius Prime. The Seer Council promoted Siana to a Farseer after the Craftworld Siana proved herself. The Seer Council saw much potential in Siana’s power so they gave her a detachment of troops and sent her on a mission to recapture an important Warlock’s Soulstone. While trying to attain the Soulstone Siana made many bad judgments on the way there, by the time Siana’s force made to the Soulstone over a third of the original detachment was dead. After returning to the Seer Council Siana was forced to give up her status of a Farseer and was banned form the Craftworld. Upon leaving much of her old force left with her feeling angered at the Seer Council for many different reasons (Politics, personal feeling etc.)

What happened next?: Siana’s force chased after the Ruinous Powers of Chaos and tracked down many Chaos artifacts including a Chaos Sorcerer’s staff. (No don’t use it! ...Well maybe just one…) After obtaining a staff Siana dived farther into the Eye of Terror to prove to the Council that she was powerful.

What kind of crap was that?: It is rumored that Siana is able to use psychic powers normally only available to Chaos. And it is also rumored Siana has used demons to assist her in battle. The Seer Council has labeled Siana was a heretic and traitor…Sound like fun.

Fisrt try with fluff...

Captain-"Raise shields!"
    Mr. At-a-desk-dude-"Why?"
    CAptain-"THe flame man the flame..."

It's been a minute.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

hmm...

Sounds like a good start, actually. But you need some justification. What exactly is the Chaos connection? To what extent was the Seer corrupted? Most importantly, at what point? I mean, if she was corrupted in the Eye you have problems with her just becoming a nameless daemon. But who was she fighting for the soulstone? If she was taking it from a Chaos force, they could have begun to influence her. It would make her overreaction more understandable and would also explain her affinity for Chaos artifacts. Long slippery slope and all that.
    Quote for probably forever 'cause it rocks:

"Slaughter them, men, and bring me their hats."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Plus the fact that, at least recently, Farseers have been identified as being the exarchs of the Path of the Seer. It's not like a job you can get fired from, it's a path you get locked to for the rest of your existence because your mind doesn't bend any other way any more.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Could be that even though she was locked to the path she was still exiled. In fact her obbsession to the path could be the metaphorical weakness that the powers of choas were able to exploit.

Are we talking a one off character here or has her whole force turned to choas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe...well not all of her force was turned to chaos and not all of her force knows about her corruption :shifty:
    It's been a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I'm not 100 percent adverse to the idea of chaos eldar, but I think they need more explanation than this. I mean, to me, an eldar trying to turn to chaos might go something like this.

Farseer: 'I have decided to serve you, my dark master!'
    Slannesh: 'Very good, I like servants. Do you swear eternal fealty to my will?'
    Farseer: 'Of course I do.. I shall be very very naughty for all eternity.'
    Slannesh: 'Good.. here is your first task. Remove your soulstone, and those of your followers.'
    Farseer: 'Yes, my master!'
    *sound of screaming and flesh withering to dust*
    Slannesh: 'Tasty.. I like snacks.'

The problem being, an eldar soul isn't much of a bargaining chip. Slannesh already owns it, so you can't exactly sell your soul for power. There needs to be a real, legitimate reason why an eldar would be useful enough to slannesh for her to hold back her eternal, all consuming thirst. Even then, it seems it would be more like slavery than mere servitude. Every second would have to be spent pleasing Slannesh enough that she didn't get bored and decide you might taste better than you serve.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; January 27th, 2006 at 04:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shes not really taking orders form the BIG gods and shes just choasy not choas
    It's been a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

whaaa?

Are we talking Chaos or renegade?
    Quote for probably forever 'cause it rocks:

"Slaughter them, men, and bring me their hats."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Berny Mac
    In fact her obbsession to the path could be the metaphorical weakness that the powers of choas were able to exploit.
    In that case, every Eldar farseer is just as vulnerable to Chaos, which I don't see happening.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

Every eldar farseer IS vulnerbale to choas but most can resist its call, they must otherwise there entire race is doomed. In fact as has been implied Slaneesh already has claim the souls of the eldar.

Remember it was the eldar that called Slaneesh into being in the first place.

Anyway prehaps The farseer has pledged her soul to choas Undivided as a (prehaps deluded) attempt to deny Slannesh his (her, its?) prize.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast