The very best Warhammer 40,000 quotes! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x6)

The very best Warhammer 40,000 quotes!

We all love the Warhammer 40,000 universe and some of us have been around for some time. One aspect of the universe that I find really cool is the many exellent quotes and bits of fluffy text found throughout books and novels.
    Here are a few of my favorites:

'They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me.
    Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war I shall forge them.
    They will be of iron will and steely muscle.
    In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest gun shall they be armed.
    They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them.
    They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe will best them in battle.
    They are my bulwark against the terror.
    They are the defenders of Humanity.
    They are my Space Marines...
    ...and they shall know no fear.'

-The Emperor of Man

'Another day nearer the battle
    So drink up, lads and look brave.
    For another day nearer the battle
    Is another day nearer the grave.'

Imperial Guard drinking song

'Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. But those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live.'

-In Exterminatus Extremis

'Do not ask which creature screams in the night.
    Do not ask who crouches in the shadow.
    For it is my voice that wakes you in the night
    And me who watches you from the shadow.
    I am Tzeentch and you are the puppet
    That dances to my tune.

Karazantor the Vile, Traitor of Xian

'Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die so it don't count as beat. If we runs for it we don't die neither, so we can always come back for anuvver go, see!'

-Anon

'They have only one purpose and there is nothing they will not do to accomplish this, no matter how vile or loathsome it might be. These abominations mean to destroy everything proud and noble, everything we hold dear and have fought so long to achieve.'

-Inqisitor Agmar on Tyranids

'A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor.'

-Cardinal Khrysdam, Instructum Absolutio

'Listen but closely Brothers, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our Chapter itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my children, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime.

-Last words of Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves

'Through the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
    I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear.'

-Kargos Bloodspitter, Champion of Khorne

'We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way.'

-Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus, Tarsis Ultra

---

Those were mine... Let's hear yours...

"We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

"I am truly disappointed that cruel fate has placed us in this position, such that I really have no choice other than to unleash my warriors against your population centres. If only you would lay aside these foolish hopes of protecting your resources and return to your homes and families, much bloodshed and woe could be avoided. Yet...there is still time, any who leave now will be spared and I give you my word that they will be granted free passage through the wastes. This offer of amnesty will stand for two of your hours before the terror begins anew. I can only hope that you consider your position carefully. Send forth a representative to discuss further terms if you wish, or send several if you cannot trust one of your number to speak for the rest. I feel sure that they all can be...accomodated."

- Asdrubael Vect, Supreme Lord of the Kabal of the Black Heart

If I think of anymore, I'll post them but this one always stuck out in my mind because of the person who was saying it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the "knowledge is power, hide it well" quote. I dont know who said it but its obviosuly space marine

O and we cant forget WAAAGH!!!!!!
    “Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these are from the old Space marine codex

"to admit defeat is to blaspheme against the Emperor"
    Roboute Guilliman Primarch of the Ultramarines

The enemies of the Emperor fear many things.

They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death.

Yet there is one thing they fear above all others.

They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates un-barred and it's walls unguarded"
    Librarian, Dawn of War

"They got ded big shooty guns dat'll kill tons of boys, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boys, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough ta crump em."
    Warlord Skarmork the Great Despoiler

"Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn! Kill! Maim! Burn!"
    Kharn of the World Eaters
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Do you hear the voices too?"
    -Possesed, DoW

"Sanity is for the weak!"
    -Chaos Lord, DoW

That's all I can think of for now. Expect more!
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

"Your kid puked on me. I should get extra marks for that."
    -Jess Norgaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your the last man standing, your not fighting hard enough!-Or something like that...:shifty:
    It's been a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more hitting please
    grott DOW

Give me a 100 marines or failling that a 1000 others.
    Codex Space marines.
    Don´t mess with the dicegod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

264 (x6)

Here's some more I found while going over my codicies.

"Curses! Just when you've finally managed to bring the whole world under your evil influence some pathetic little Inquisitor goes whining off to the Adeptus Terra about rogue psykers and daemonic possession. I mean, do I look posssessed? Well, do I? DO I???" - Personal Log of Lord Varlak, 995.M41 (during the Purging of Korsk II)

"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty." - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Tau_Commander
    "An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates un-barred and it's walls unguarded"
    Librarian, Dawn of War
    That one is actually a lot older than DoW. It was about in 2nd edition, although I can't remember who said it.

"Only the insane have the strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane." - Anon.

"I don't have time to die - I'm too busy!" - Last words of Gorge Vandire, 304th Master of the Administratum.

"He was an avalanche from an unexpected quarter. He was a thunderbolt from a clear sky." - Commissar Yarrick on Ghazkul Mag Uruk Thraka.

"Remember a war is easily won if your enemy does not know he is fighting." - Lord Commander Solar Macharius

"Make no mistake, human. We do not fight for your Emperor. We fight against Horus." - anon. Eldar

"Fear me, for I am your apocalypse." - Dictat Eversor

"What is the terror of death?
    That we die our work incomplete!
    What is the joy of life?
    To die knowing our task is done!" - don't know who said this, but it was associated with the Dark Angels in an Inferno comic strip.

Emperor: "Get up, Konrad Curze, for I have come to take you home."
    Night Haunter: "That is not my name, Father. I am Night Haunter and I know full well what you intend for me."

"The green tide of Orkdom is upon us, and there can be no retreat. No surrender. If we surive this day it will be a miracle." - approximately (my memory's bad), Commissar Yarrick before the Battle of Hades Hive, 2nd War for Armageddon

"Though my sentries may sleep and my ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire." - Lufgt Huron, Master of the Astral Claws chapter, the Tyrant of Badab

LinkBacks (?)

1. October 12th, 2008, 06:27
  2. October 9th, 2008, 22:48
  3. July 24th, 2008, 08:04