The Abandoned Space Marines. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres a story about my Ultramarines Successor Chapter I made when I was high.

A long time ago, during the founding of the Ultramarines, Marneus Calgar and his huge fleet of Ultramarines went to a planet on the outskirts of the Imperium that was under siege by a Tyranid Hive Fleet. While on the planet they were battling a seemingly unending swarm of Tyranids. Morale was dropping and the Space Marines were suffering heavy casualties. Marneus Calgar called his best commander, Mathias, to his quarters. He had sent a large scout force and had found a Hive where thousands of Tyranids were being spawned. The scout force sent out a reconaissance but then had lost contact. Calgar, being the great leader he is, refused to leave his men behind. Thats where Mathias and the Space Marines loyal to him came into place. He asked Mathias to go to the coordinates where they had known last where the scouts were. Mathias agreed, with bloodlust and hatred for the Tyranids brewing.

He immediately set out with his force. They encountered waves of Tyranids along the way, but he proved steadfast. By the time he had finally gotten to the coordinates where he was sent to, the scout force was battling and losing to a Tyranid Queen and her massive swarm of Tyranids. He and his men fought valiantly to protect the remnants of the scouts and succeeded. The Queen was slain and cries of joy of victory and despair of the fallen could be heard. Then Mathias, his force, and the remnants of the scout force headed back to the Marneus's army. But when they got there, they saw thousands of Space Marines and Tyranids dead. But there were still many Tyranids left. Fearing the worst, Mathias unleashed his rage against the Tyranids and slaughtered them all. Then he headed to Marneus's quarters to see if the great Commander himself had been slain. But upon entering the room, he encountered writing etched against the wall.

The message read:
    Mathias- If you survived and had returned here, you are still not fortunate. I am sorry that I and the remnants of my army had to flee, for the alien scum were rampaging beyond all belief. I will send dropships back to return you. I fear for the worst though my friend, most of the aliens had followed us. -I pray that you survive until the ships return, my dearest sympathy, Marneus Calgar.

To this very day Mathias and his Abandoned are still stranded on the planet and are still battling the Tyranid scum. They have a deep hatred for the Tyranids for it is them who had ruined everything they had. Mathias also still remains loyal to the Emperor, however, he has been brooding for countless years about Marneus Calgar, the Commander that had Abandoned him on this desolate planet. He has become eccentric over time and has honed all his rage against Marneus. He craves revenge on him, but is still loyal to the Emperor, so therefore will not execute his horrid plans to rid the world of Marneus Calgar.

It is said that once Chaos has seemed defeated, the Abandoned shall switch alliances and betray the Imperium and support Chaos, but will demand that his men shall assault the Ultramarine army so he can fulfill his prophecy. He remains a neutral force, like Cypher...for now.

What do you think of this story for my army, The Abandoned. (I realize that it may have been a little unclear, considering that Commander Mathias loathes Marneus Calgar, but yes, this army is Space Marines, and uses all rules they do).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the idea is sound, although little quirks in the history need to be flushed out. Some parts don't seem very realistic y'know? Such as how could a small contingent of SM's and scouts succeed where thousands of Ultramarines under the command of one of the Imperium's most lauded Primarchs couldn't? just a thought.

and another thought, maybe the abandoned could have special rules that give them an edge when fighting 'nids. Kinda like O'shovah and his ork fighting rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly Marneus Calgar is a Chapter Master, not a Primarch and secondly there is no way in hell Calgar would withdraw from a planet, let alone Chaplain Cassius whom are both survivors of Hive Fleet Behemoth and Kraken. It really needs to be ironed out and there is no way a Scout detachment could hold out in the Queen chamber of a Hive, I mean you seen how big a Hive Tyrant is? They eat Scouts for breakfast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plus, calgar wasn't alive during the founding of the space marines.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Vegitarianism is willingly demoting yourself on the food chain.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in all these years no dropship came by? And here I was thinking Space Marines kept their promises...

EDIT: By the way, during the founding of the Imperium (pre-heresy), there was no contact with Tyranids as far as I know off...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea here, but as you say it doesn&#39;t fit with the thinking of a psace marine...

A space marine would think it as sin worse than death to leavy any their battle brothers stranded on a planet, let alone a xeno infested planet.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. I tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad keep at it,you&#39;ll get the right story 1 day
    <u>Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan</u>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be fine, but you really need to fix it right, say that they made it back and escaped but there dropships were shot down and they were overun or something, I dont know, .,.,.,.,..........
    Back from a long adventure.

Closed Thread