Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm starting my own chaos chapter/war band. Now i have a few questions:
1.are initates done like normal space marines
2. I know this may sound stupid but does my chapter HAVE to pray to a chaos god. Cuz the deal is my chapter is an oceanic chapter and they worship poseidon over everyone else.
Please help me. I will post my fluff soon.
1. Their are no initiates for the legions. Anyone and everyone can join and not very many people would even notice let alone care. There are a couple of different theories on how they make new chaos marines. It says in the codex that Fabius Bile sold the secret of cloning to the legions and thats how they get new troops. I've heard people mention the Black Stone fortresses. Some people think they are made up entirely of traitor space marines. Slaanesh marines seem to make new people in the normal way though.
2. Usually Legions that don't have a god worship pure chaos (undivided). It is possible to have a legion that doesn't even do that and simply doesn't bear a mark of chaos although those are rare both on the tabletop and in the fluff.
Don't forget fluff is entirely up to you. As long as it doesn't contradict something important you can come up with anything.
ok so tell me would this be fine? My new chaos legion/chapter does draw initiates. I really want this part of my fluff. Cuz the thing is when the chapter turned their homeworld went with them due to the same beliefs. also can my guys worship poseidon without contradicting fluff?
You could use that but try to fit him into the 40k theme. Don't just say he's the greek god of the sea, say he's a minor chaos god similar to nurgle but only deals with life and death in the sea or something. Your legion could still be undivided or whatever though.
Yes you can use initiates it just means your legion is picky about who gets to join which might limit numbers a bit. This is still a great idea though.
ok my fluff will be posted tommorow or at least most of it. So here's a generic synopopsis of it. Basically the legion operates underwater. They have many underwater bases and when ever enemies are near by they will launch attacks from under the water. They have specialized bikes that hover and can move underwater. I'll explain poseidon when i get an idea about him. Oh and my chapter will only draw initates from its home planet. They don't trust anyone else. In fact, everyone on the planet is part of a tribe. I'll explain that later.
how tzeentch recruit new soldier? u said cloning or normal way... ok but...
1. try to clone a soul...
2. try to recruit a guy stupid enough who want to become a soul without brain...
Finding guys that are willing to act as living bombs isn't that hard either...2. try to recruit a guy stupid enough who want to become a soul without brain...
If some fanatics can convince people to do this, then it should be an easy task for Tzeentch, the master of manipulation after all.
Furthermore it is quite doubtful if chaos legions recruit new marines at all, with the exception of Bile's work. Traitor chapters on the other hand may still have their recruitment facilities...
Ok here's my fluff so far please rate it and see if there's anything "illegal". Thanks.
Scions of Aquarius
The Scions of Aquarius was a founding chapter of Raven Guard not too long after the Horus Heresy. The Chapter master Glivion, who was able to send and receive psychic messages. The newly formed chapter worshipped Poseidon on the same level as the emperor. The Inquisition, seeing this, warned the chapter to not worship Poseidon as much as the emperor. This made the chapter angry and this is said to the point where their corruption started. This angered the chapter so much due to the fact that all the initiates were natives of Atlantis, who were deeply religious about Poseidon. One day Glivion was said to have gotten a message from Poseidon and gave this Speech.
“This Imperium is a filthy lie. Today I received a message from the almighty Poseidon, revealing the true form of the emperor. The almighty water God has revealed to me that the Emperor is no longer alive, but is dead. The Inquisitors are just using him to control the rest of mankind. Not only this, but Poseidon has chosen us to Rule this universe. He has told me the best way to do this is to worship the chaos gods as well, for it will give us unimaginable powers. Now let us go forth brothers, and rule the world!”
At the end of the speech every single one of the marines yelled out in cheer, thus starting the chapter’s new beginning. Not only did the whole chapter revolt, the whole planet revolted and is where the Scions will get members.
This chapter has 3 rigorous tests.
1. The first thing that they have to do is swim all the way across atlantis within 3 days.
2. To be apart of this chapter they have to be able to ride the chapters enhanced bikes and go threw a course and pass it on their first try.
The final test is all the survivors of the first test all chained to the bottom of the ocean and must free themselves.
The idea isn't bad, but I'm not sure why you're using chaos rules.
If you want to use initiates and stuff, you sound like you'd be better off with a Black Templar list.
I don't mean initiates as in scouts. I mean intitates as in New chaos space marines. This chapter draws new chaos space marines from their planet. In no way was i thinking of using scouts or neophytes.