Medrengard and the Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medrengard and the Iron Warriors

Medrengard as some of you may or may not know is the "Home-World" of the Iron warriors within the Eye of Terror, it is also a massive forge world and the fact that the eye of terror is technically within the warp, and therefore does not abide by the laws of our known physics, can produce more weaponry than even the most prestrigous Adeptus Mechanicus forge world within just one of its many thousands of industrial areas. This drives me too ask, Do other chaos legions ask for certain things to be made by these masters of the forge in exchange for their services and or gene-seed, also because their extremely selfish and desire things for themselves, would they be mercenaries for hire by other Chaos Legions, because of these and many other reasons they seem to be the most likely candidates for such things, id like to know what your opinions are.

"A souls screams are merely their cries of thanks to the Chaos
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

The Kroot: You are what you eat.
    Tyranids: YOU are what WE eat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well in the novel Dead Sky Black Son, They get their own gene seed through their own conquests. However they still pay respects to Abandon (or else) so yeah they probably give him a shipment of weapons and stuff evey once and a while. As for the other chaos leigons, I seriously doubt it since chaos is constantly waging war against itself as much as against the Imperium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea iv read Dead Sky Black Sun like 5 times but serioulsy Chaos is much more willing to proccure others services than youd think because they have no ethics and its an opportunity to kill your enemies (Imperium Eldar whoever) and your enemies (Chaos) also it sounds weird but i think most chaos infighting is done within ones own Chaos Legion (like how in the book Dead Sky Black Sun it says that the warsmisth Honsou is warring with his "fellow" warsmiths, Berossus and Toramino, who are all servants of the Daemon Prince Peturabo who is the Iron Warriors primarch. they probably just stay on their respective Daemon Worlds for the most part, if not leading Raids on the Imperium or joining one of the infamous Black Crusades.
    in my mind at least the Iron Warriors are probably the most likely ones to sell their services in exchange for the things the respective buyer has to offer and just the opportunity to fight and lay seige to great cities and crush the foes of Chaos. also one thing i forgot to ask initially is, would their be any special rules for a vehicle or weapon forged on Medrengard.
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Of all of the traitor leigons yes they would be most will ing to sell their serivces second only to renegade armies. And you are probably right about the fighting within their own legions.

I do believe that they would find themselves at odds with many of the legions and refuse to work with them and many wouldn't ask.
    World Eaters - Would never ask
    Death Guard- Not so sure they would be willing to offer them their services
    Emperors Children- Yeah they help them same for Thousand sons
    Word Bearers- they'd find themselves to different to work together
    Alpha legion - They help if the Alpha legion asked for help

Thats cool that you read that book 5 times, on that note what did you think of deamon world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i agree with you with the traitor legions and who they would work with.

and with the book never read it i tried to find it but none of the book stores in like a 100 mile radius of my house sells it also id like to read (sorry if misspelled) storm of iron and im probably going to get it soon.

Also i believe on the note of special rules that you can apply rules for things built on certain Imperial forge worlds (though i may be wrong) which is why i asked about the possibility of a "forged on medrengard" special rule
    Gods!" -Brigand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Personally Id use it as more of a fluffy item and make them have the deamonic possession, with a cool conversion to go along with it. I mean it wouldn't be that hard to get a vehical possessed in the eye of terror. And what is that other upgrade that improves the armour use that to, they are forged that way since it is just as easy becasue of it being in the eye of terror like you said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

World Eaters - Would never ask
    Actually if you read the old IA IW rules the World Eaters seem to be the only other legion thet the IW are willing to work with(look at their army list).
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

The Iron Warriors are calloused, embittered, and under no illusions as to the glory of Chaos, so yes, they would sell their services to the highest bidder, as long as there is something in it for them.

As to who they will fight with, their old army list did include Berzerkers, and they would probably fight with most of the undivided legions, with the possible exception of the Word Bearers and Alpha Legion.

Brigand, I would definatly recomend Storm of Iron, it is a good book, and sheds some light on the internal conflict and paranoia of the Iron Warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the price was right.

you have to read Storm of Iron, when i bought i literally couldn't put it down i spent all day reading it then went back to read it again. if you like Imperial Fist theres one point where the captain holsters his bolter and gets out TWO power swords for some close combat action. Hounson the second in command of the Iron Warriors assaulting through the tunnels in his terminator armour BADASS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

Hounson the second in command of the Iron Warriors assaulting through the tunnels in his terminator armour BADASS
    Do you mean Forrix? Yeah the Imperial Fists captain is kind of cool, but I feel that the Warsmith is more interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast