A few fluff questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

A few fluff questions

These are just a few questions that I've been wondering about.

1. Do they have graves for all the guardsmen that die? Are there like, graveyard planets?

2. Why haven't the Eldar recovered from the fall yet? according to what I've read it happened about the same time the primarchs were made. So it seems that in that time thousands of space marine chapters were founded, yet the eldar seem to be in pretty much the same predicament. Do they not procreate?

3. How much time and resources would a chapter expend if a few space marines, say 5, became lost during a campaign? would they be worried about other races getting their technology? or would they be more worried about recovering the geneseed? would they care about finding them again at all or could they just make new ones?

4. Is there any information about the harlequin's "laughing God"?

"You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Question 1 - large unmarked graves and memorials like today.
    Question 2 - Obviously the eldar replace their numbers very slowly and since their empire was destroyed except from the craftworlds that were away or had fled so they lost consideralbe reasourses the wabway was destroyed in some places and they replace their losses slowly.
    Question 3 - Well it is done durning the battle or if all of the battle warriors are killed they might send out a kill team or a small group of marines and an apothecary

Questions 2 and 4 aren't my strong suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. well, quite a few of their enemies eat/ sacrifice the bodies, and quite a few weapons wouldn't leave behind enough to bury, also mass graves are pretty efficient.

2.the eldar have not recovered as they reproduce very slowly, probably slower than they die off in battle. also, they are constantly under attack, and they are not inovative so they cannot adequatly change to deal with new threats, as thye have been stuck in a rut for 10,000 years, slowing dying off.

3. well, 5 marines is a pretty big loss for a chapter, but crasy things happen often enough in 40k, that thye wouldn't get too fussed.

4.he is still alive and well, being worshipped by the harliquens. he hhas some fluff related to the nec rons, where he tricks the outsider into eating other ctans, and then uses the eaten ctan's to drive the outsider insane.
    Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

1. Yes, and yes. Planets that are somewhat useless (i.e. no resources or strategic importance) can become graveplanets.

2. They do procreate. Just slowly. Eldar usually pick only one partner. And they stick with that one eldar until one of them dies. Some of them don't take a new partner they instead wait for their souls to be released into the same wraithbone tree so they can be reunited once again.

3. They would undertake a mission to get back the geneseed. Or at least search for any information about their fallen bretheren, Upon finding out, they would immediatley set out for their fallen bretherin. What race will steal their technology? Everything about a marine only works because of the geneseed. And that is ONLY compatible with human beings. Even within humanity, matches are rare.

4. Plenty. Check out the Codex. Or Wikapedia. Here's some more info. There are a few more if you run a google search.

Hope that answered your questions.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

In answer to question 3) There is a scene in the novel Space Marine where a marine from the Blood Drinkers (possibly blood tearers can't remember) is left for dead but found by the Imperial Fists. The Blood Drinkers If I remember correctly send a Battle Barge to the Imperial Fists to recover him, so quite a lot of effort goes into recovering a marine once found. It would depend if they knew he was dead or not, if dead there would have to be a good reason to recover just five bodies if it was in enemy terrirory but if alive then alot of effort would be expended in recovering their marines.

4) There is a fair bit of info in the 2nd edition eldar codex.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Berny Mac
    In answer to question 3) There is a scene in the novel Space Marine where a marine from the Blood Drinkers (possibly blood tearers can't remember) is left for dead but found by the Imperial Fists. The Blood Drinkers If I remember correctly send a Battle Barge to the Imperial Fists to recover him, so quite a lot of effort goes into recovering a marine once found. It would depend if they knew he was dead or not, if dead there would have to be a good reason to recover just five bodies if it was in enemy terrirory but if alive then alot of effort would be expended in recovering their marines.

4) There is a fair bit of info in the 2nd edition eldar codex.

What you said about the Soul Drinkers novel is somewhat true. During an assualt on a planet the rogue chapter of the soul drinkers is forced to leave a squad of their best assualt marines back on the planet. One of them is captured by the IG forces that also were at the planet. Then the SOul Drinkers send a attack ship with a group of scouts to go and retrive the captured marine so they can find out what happened to the rest of the marines that were left. It turns out that their assualt serg. turned to Khorne and so did the rest of the squad since they slaughtered most of stuff on the planet. They then hear a rumor that the rest of the squad is on another planet whre the IG are fighting dark eldar. The imperial fists hear of the soul drinkers too and since they are disgusted because of the disgrace to the gene seed of Rogal Dorn they go and try to destroy the chapter. Alot of stuff happens and then They kill the eldar and destroy the assualt marines who turned to khorne.

and there are massive tomb worlds if you read Dues Encarmine you find out about the tomb worlds because the Blood Angles are stationed at one to fight the Word Bearers.

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=DerkaDerka]What you said about the Soul Drinkers novel is somewhat true. During an assualt on a planet the rogue chapter of the soul drinkers is forced to leave a squad of their best assualt marines back on the planet. One of them is captured by the IG forces that also were at the planet. Then the SOul Drinkers send a attack ship with a group of scouts to go and retrive the captured marine so they can find out what happened to the rest of the marines that were left. It turns out that their assualt serg. turned to Khorne and so did the rest of the squad since they slaughtered most of stuff on the planet. They then hear a rumor that the rest of the squad is on another planet whre the IG are fighting dark eldar. The imperial fists hear of the soul drinkers too and since they are disgusted because of the disgrace to the gene seed of Rogal Dorn they go and try to destroy the chapter. Alot of stuff happens and then They kill the eldar and destroy the assualt marines who turned to khorne.
    QUOTE]

It was the Crimson Fist that fight the Soul Drinkers in that book becasue the both come form Dorn's geneseed of Dorn.
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Also don't forget Iyanden one of the craftworlds was virtually wiped out by a hive fleet.
    There aren't that many craftworlds so this is a big set back.
    -Eldar craftworlds don't necessarily work together in the same way the Tau or Imperium does. In fact they don't really seem to get along super well fluff wise. The Ultwe are considered touched by chaos, Saim Hame (mispelling) are considered barbaric etc. Though they do work together at times.
    -There are exodite worlds but the fluff seems to hint at them not being a very strong political or military force hence Biel Tan defending them.
    -The Eldar race was also split into 2 (dark Eldar and Eldar) 3-4 if you count the exodites and harlequins
    -Eldar aren't ever at full strenght because the strict path they have to follow alienates the young who often leave the craftworld to become pirates etc. In Alaitoc's case they come back but not in all of the craftworlds cases.
    -Necrons and Eldar are ancient enemies and I am sure that the Necrons aren't exactly leaving their eldar buddies alone.
    -The humans were at the height of there power presumably killing Eldar for quite some time before the horus heresy
    -Slaneesh is trying to suck out the Eldar souls. That much attention by a chaos god probably has quite a negative effect on any race.
    --------------------------
    W/L/D
    Dark Eldar: 1/1/1
    1st game Dark Eldar Vrs. Blood Angels. Result = Draw
    2nd game DE Vrs. BA Result = DE victory
    3rd game DE Vrs. BA Result = DE loss

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DerkaDerka
    What you said about the Soul Drinkers novel is somewhat true. During an assualt on a planet the rogue chapter of the soul drinkers is forced to leave a squad of their best assualt marines back on the planet. One of them is captured by the IG forces that also were at the planet. Then the SOul Drinkers send a attack ship with a group of scouts to go and retrive the captured marine so they can find out what happened to the rest of the marines that were left. It turns out that their assualt serg. turned to Khorne and so did the rest of the squad since they slaughtered most of stuff on the planet. They then hear a rumor that the rest of the squad is on another planet whre the IG are fighting dark eldar. The imperial fists hear of the soul drinkers too and since they are disgusted because of the disgrace to the gene seed of Rogal Dorn they go and try to destroy the chapter. Alot of stuff happens and then They kill the eldar and destroy the assualt marines who turned to khorne.

and there are massive tomb worlds if you read Dues Encarmine you find out about the tomb worlds because the Blood Angles are stationed at one to fight the Word Bearers.

I think we are talking about different books, the one I was thinking of was called Space Marine. The sould Drinkers aren't init although it is about Imperial Fists.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Brother Ares]
    Quote Originally Posted by DerkaDerka
    QUOTE]

It was the Crimson Fist that fight the Soul Drinkers in that book becasue the both come form Dorn's geneseed of Dorn.

oh duh yeah sry i always forget the names but the book is called crimson tears lol how stupid of me

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast