C'tan / Demuirg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C'tan / Demuirg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'tan / Demuirg

how could the Demuirg tie in with C'tan? would they of fought with the Eldar against them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I don't think they do tie in significantly with the C'tan do they? If they are meant to be just New Squats (As some have supposed) then they would be rivals with the eldar.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

The short answer is they don't. If you make up a connection its going to be pretty flimsy at best.

Do the Demiurg even know of the C'tan? I find it doubtful (but it is a possibility).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not so sure, if Demuirg are going to be a much better 40k version of dwarfs they'll be an elder race, i bet it ends up that they were driven from their homeworlds by the C'tan and thats why they're nomadic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Then again, maybe the Old Ones teamed up with the Sensei and decided to build a super race of midgets who would fight the C'tan and chaos, because they would be so short neither side would be able to see them.. hence, they're particularly effective.

In other words, come on guys, why does every single race/action/individual in the 40k universe have to tie into some massive conspiracy involving either the C'tan, Chaos or the Old Ones. If anything, I'd guess that Orks, not C'tan, are responsible for the nomadic nature of the Demiurg, since they're the only race the little guys actually seem to dislike.

All we know about the demiurg is that they have big automated ships, their social unit is called a brotherhood, they invented the ion cannon (and they're good at energy tech generally,) they like mining and trading technology with other races, and they aren't very aggressive. Why does any of this suggest a grand conspiracy?

As for whether they fought with or against the eldar.. who knows. Maybe they just did what they do now, and hid in the dark corners of space where noone else goes, collecting minerals and quietly slipping away if anyone else comes too close.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; February 24th, 2006 at 17:51.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Berny Mac
    I don't think they do tie in significantly with the C'tan do they? If they are meant to be just New Squats (As some have supposed) then they would be rivals with the eldar.

I dont think the Squats had any terrible grudge against the eldar? they hated the Orks but that was about it, it wasnt a complete Space Dwarf, Space Elf thing you know
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Ok Warhammer and 40K are two seperate games. Yes we all know that gamesworkshop made the one off the other but not everyting streaches back to that. There was no war of the beards in 40k

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Theobold the Lame
    I dont think the Squats had any terrible grudge against the eldar? they hated the Orks but that was about it, it wasnt a complete Space Dwarf, Space Elf thing you know

They hated the orks because the attacked their homeworlds they bear a grudge against the eldar because they were allied but the eldar didn't come to their aid. A lot of the squat background is in the old epic rules.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread