Orks in the Eye? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks in the Eye?

We know that the Orkish race is the most populous in the galaxy, with Orks being found "from the core to the outer rim". Does this mean that their are Orks living on the daemon worlds within the Eye of Terror? and. if so, how do these Orky enclaves differ from your average klan?

"You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be hard to tell, Most orkz in the Eye would be pirates and they would probably live in their Hulks and would rarely, if ever, land/crash on a daemon world they would probably be killed (for the most part) and the survivors would just barely survive but for the most part orks stay in their hulks and they probably wouldnt be any different unless they spent alot of time there (i.e. like a few decades at least). but yes there are probably many ork pirates randomly drifting in and out of the Eye periodically, escaping Imperial Navy forces, heading to new WAAAAGGHH!'s, and just generally drifting through space. But they probably wouldnt live on any Daemon worlds because all are populated by different Chaos Legions.
    "A souls screams are merely their cries of thanks to the Chaos
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

The Kroot: You are what you eat.
    Tyranids: YOU are what WE eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading all the stuff about orks in this forum, I'm of the understanding that a small band of orks would easily be slaughtered on a Daemon World, but if you have, say, a massive hulk crash-land on one, then it'd take too long to kill of the ork population to really get the job done. All the spores would grow, the Boyz, Nobz, and Bosses would keep getting bigger and bigger in response to the millions of daemons and Chaos worshipors on the planet, and you'd end up having a Daemon World fighting to maintain it's daemon-ness.

That's just my current understanding of the Orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I think the Ork spores would be corrupted if they landed on a Deamon World. Orks may be resistent to chaos in the "normal" world, but in the Eye I doubt the spores would fare well when further generations is created.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Then could that not lead daemonic ork legions? it would make an interesting army.

Agreed, orks aren't resistant enough to stop that strong an influence of chaos, chances are the orks would die before they become 'corrupted'.

Who's to say chaos itslef isn't poisonous/fatal or whatever to ork spores? maybe they cannot grow properly as spore need minerals from the ground, ground which is tainted.

Did that make any sense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

It'd be intersting to see Chaos Orks since most people use the Ork bitz for mutations anyway. What would you do? You'd have to get like, human bitz and stick them on the Orks, or paint a platoon of Guardsmen green and if anyone objected you could simply say they are mutated Orks. It's all very weird ;s

As for there actually being Orks in the Eye, why wouldn't there be? They're drawn to fighting, killing type behaviour and there'd be plenty of that in the Eye of Terror I would imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a thread on Chaos Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are lots of worlds in the Eye of Terror that no one knows about so it is highly possible that the orks be in there.
    I shall destroy all who stand in my way. The Emperor shall be reborn in me, the Primarchs shall be remade in me. I shall cast down the Dark Gods, the Star Gods shall be consumed just as they consumed their brothers. Those who fell shall be redeemed, those who remained pure shall be rewarded. The Imperium shall regain its power and the Dark Age of Technology will seem like nothing. For I am the Numen and I am coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Check out the pictures of the 'Nurgle' Orks in the Daemonhunter Codex on pages 50 and 51.

Within the Eye of Terror I am sure that Orks do live as they are much hardier than humans, but they too would end up eventually corrupted to Chaos despite their natural resistance and would probably be attacked by non corrupted Orks they might meet if they left the Eye.

As an army list, I'm not sure what I would take to represent them however.
    Last edited by Grey; March 1st, 2006 at 16:02.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

I think the Ork spores would be corrupted if they landed on a Deamon World. Orks may be resistent to chaos in the "normal" world, but in the Eye I doubt the spores would fare well when further generations is created.
    If you had an extremely large band of orks crash land in the eye I actually think the eye would take the hurt from them. We all know how unfathomably powerful the gestalt psychic field of millions of battle frenzied orks is. With that amount of psychic energy protecting them i doubt they would feel the effects of being in the eye, as they are being protected by a very powerful field. Not to say that the eye isn't a powerful warpstorm, just that its power is spread over thousands of light years. Hell get enough orks in one place and it may turn into a stabalizing influence on the eye in those parts.

Obviously a small band would not have any sort of protection.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast