Vitrian 412th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitrian 412th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitrian 412th

No one seems to be posting army fluff so all throw mine out there . It's not bad, but it could probly use some tweaking. Anything you guys would like to comment on is fine. Any ideas are also really cool.

412th Vulcan “Night Stalkers”
    1st Battalion
    A Company

Camo Scheme: Fortress Gray fatigues, Codex Gray flak armor
    The majority of Vulcan regiments wear green camouflage that suits well with the agri-world Vulcan. However, the 412th are commonly called in to fight in urban warfare and have adopted gray combat gear.

Doctrines:

-Iron Discipline
    The 412th has a lack of commissariat officials to drive the men forward but manages to lead the army with strict discipline amongst their ranks. The regiment’s commanders have learned to keep their men under control and seldom do they run from a foe without direct orders from the commanding officer himself.

-Allow Storm Troopers:
    The S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics And Rescue Section) program on Vulcan has provided all of Vulcans’s regiments with a respectable amount of S.T.A.R.S. operatives. The operatives are specially trained to handle rather dangerous objectives or missions commonly referred to as suicidal. They are given the best equipment possible and are known to arrive on the fields of battle via Air Drop.

-Allow Rough Riders:
    Vulcan, being an agri-world houses countless millions of horses. When Vulcan was advancing through it’s feudal stages of technology, they commonly relied on mounted warriors to drive back hostile empires. The use of horses did not cease when the 5.56 x 45mm Assault Rifle came to replace the bow, and neither did it cease when the Lasgun was invented. All of Vulcan’s regiments are supplied with mounted carabineers to battle the forces of disorder.

-Carapace Armor
    All of the carabineers have heavy barding around the horses to protect them from enemy fire. Not only does this keep shots from hitting the horse, but protect the rider from potentially fatal shots as well.

-Xeno Mounts
    Unlike the reinforced Kevlar suits the stealthy S.T.A.R.S. operatives use, the barding on the horses is tremendously heavy. Not only does this protect the mounts and their riders from harm but the impact of the mounts may even be more powerful than the attacks of the rider himself.

History of Vitria:
    Colonists in 890.M29 founded Vulcan, a medium sized agri-world with an abundance of natural life. Original colonists die, all knowledge of The Imperium of Man taken to their graves, feudal society begins. Nikolai Zhenechka elected King of Vulcan in 910.M29.

An epidemic sweeps the planet as Nurgle plague zombies trample over the Kings army as arrows prove to be ineffective at piercing the zombies hides and the use of swords brings the warriors close enough for the zombies to attack with devastating force. Zhenechka falls during the final battle for Feliksberg.
    Alexi Adrik takes control of Vulcan and fights off the power of Nurgle with mounted hit and run attacks.

Adrik dies leaving Vulcan ruler less, chaos erupts, and factions are made proclaiming their leader as King. Thousands of years drift by until Anton Davidovich leads the militray party to the top and is elected King of Vulcan. Davidovich creates vast armies of soldiers ready to fight off any threat Vulcan encounters. By 357.M30 Vulcan has advanced enough through the ages of technology to hail outlying systems for the possibility of human life. The Imperium replies with a dozen warships blockading Vulcan and forcing it to follow The Imperium's rule. Vulcan reluctantly throws down arms and the Imperial Planetary Governor Konrad Reichmann is installed.

Vulcan’s vast armies are split into regiments and are thrown out into the outer reaches of the galaxy to fight the enemies of the Imperium.

Thanx for your input!

Last edited by GreyKnight6962; April 6th, 2006 at 06:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Very interesting, but I think I've actually heard of the Vitrians before. Don't have most of 'em on me but I believe they are mentioned and seen in action in the Gaunts Ghosts series.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow the chapter seems oddly familiar...like i've heard of them before....

Great fluff man. Very coherseive and realistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you got STARS from resident evil right? thats cool, i like the doctrines and watnot but i really liked the history of the planet that was pretty sweet aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to rain on your prarade, but the Vitrian Dragoons is already a used regiment in Dan Abnett's book "First and Only" as the single regiment that the Tanith could trust throughout the story.

But other than that it's pretty good, I would just recommend a different name for the planet.

Sorry if this ruined any kind of fluff you had, just wanted to make sure that you knew.
    I'll be damned before the soldiers of the Emperor are just left to rot!
    Last words of Colonel Densit from the Rahaxin 19th

"DISS NOT THE EMPEROR'S POINTED STICK, HERETIC!"

If it doesn't work with the Emperor. Then it's been officially Karmooned!!!

BEWARE THE POWER OF THE LIGHT-BRIGHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

That fact is kinda what makes the IG so much fun. It doesnt matter if theres a regiment with the same name because there are an infinate number of other regiments that can have the same name...

The Vitrian Dragoons made up a single or a few of the Vitrian regiments.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    Very interesting, but I think I've actually heard of the Vitrians before. Don't have most of 'em on me but I believe they are mentioned and seen in action in the Gaunts Ghosts series.
    Are you thinking of Vostrians?
    It's been a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STARS?

Can't say I'm a fan. Rest is pretty cool, but it's a lame acronym in my humble opinion.

"Watch out! The STARS team is here! Ohnoes!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Somehow it makes me think of hollywood celebrities being sent into warzones to kick ass. Sounds cool to me.

Note though that stormtroopers don't normally represent well trained veteran members of the regiment, that's more like hardened veterans (which is why hardened vets can use doctrines.) They're theoretically 'supposed to' represent trained-from-birth scholae progenium troops on loan to guard commander. They generally don't come from the planet the regiment is raised from.

Of course, there's nothing to stop you doing a proxy job here, with the different name and all.

It's wierd that they independently developed exactly the same calibre of ammunition as is fired by many modern rifles..
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; March 17th, 2006 at 04:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Pancakes
    Are you thinking of Vostrians?
    Nope, to quote BDThrall89:
    the Vitrian Dragoons are already a used regiment in Dan Abnett's book "First and Only" as the single regiment that the Tanith could trust throughout the story
    The Vitrians in First and Only were a regiment that had an honour code as well as highly practiced stealth tactics and fatigues that could actually work in a similar fashion to the predators cloaking device in 'Predator.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast