jump/jet packs in campains - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

15 (x2)

jump/jet packs in campains

-i am running a map based warhammer campain, using a tile grid.

-each type of unit moves a certain number of squares per turn AKA infantry move one, cavalry and tanks move 2, and bikes and fast tanks move 3.

-my question is in regards to jump/jetpacks, how far would they be able to move?

-my impression was that the pack was only for tactical mobility in battle, an couldn't actually be used to travel long distances, as it wasn't really made for that/ would run out of fuel. thus, i decided that they would have to walk with the rest of the infantry to actually get to battle, and would only move one square, what does everyone think of this?

-what about things that couldn't walk like gun drones, or things that actually have wings like nids/chaos? I decided that they should move 2, as they would be made to actually travel distances like that.

Procrastination- hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off now.
    Indifference- it takes 43 muscles to frown, and 17 to smile, but none to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

-Votewar 40K III= 1st place
    -Votewar 40k mini= 2nd place
    -Votewar fantasy 2= 2nd place

2. Remove Advertisements

Evil Mountain
    0 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

Jump infantry are described as just that - jump infantry. They jump, they don't fly. I mean, do you jump around terrain on forced march? No, you march.

For that matter, jump infantry don't often wear their jump-packs whilst travelling either, so I'd assume they just move like infantry until they hit combat. As for Tyranids or Chaos, it'll be up to general opinion; if their wings look like they could only support them for a short time, move them as infantry, but if they have a twenty-foot warp-enhanced daemon wingspan, then by all means, move them two squares. It's up to your opinion.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread