When Culture Shock goes horribly wrong... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Culture Shock goes horribly wrong...

*Warning use of fluff may result in very silly looking models and curious stares from other players, serious need not apply*

It is rare for the various races of the 40k universe to influence each other. Their philosophies are too far ingrained in their psyches to admit such change. However, occasional it does happen with rather unexpected results. Such was the case of Grurg and Zooloo, a pair of simple Orks.

From their early days the pair always seemed a little odd too their fellow Orks. They spent too much time standing around not smashing things, too little time butting heads with other Orks. They seemed well on their way to becoming regular mek boyz or perhaps mad doks. That was until one unexpected encounter that would change their lives.

The two were sent on a raiding party to a small, obscure imperial colonial world. While scouting, they unexpectedly came across a group of Tau rallying the human’s too their cause. They pair stood transfixed as they heard the philosophy of unity and the Greater Good. Too show their gratitude for this new found “wizdom� the pair brought their raifding party and wiped out the entire group. They then preceded to looted everything they could get their hands on, it seemed like the right thing too do.

When they returned to the big mob, they started spreading the message of united waagh and high tek strength. They soon had a large mob supporting their cause; seeing the two as incarnations of a new “Brainyer� Gork and Mork. This is where things started getting off course. For starters, the pair mistakenly labeled it the “Greater Green�. They also forgot which “panzy race� were the ones responsible for the message. Thus, they began viciously raiding Eldar and, though extremely rare, Necrons along with Tau for new gear. Though they have yet to get any of the races technology working, it hasn’t stopped the mob from jamming these scrapped vehicles on their own war machines or from wearing the war gear and making shootas and choppas out of their weapons.

Grurge has gone so far as to paint himself Grey, while Zooloo is fashioning Eldar headgear. The group’s band is as tekky as an Ork War band can get and they are paying top tooth to get all the Mek boyz they can too figure out their new toys. They have also started hiring Kroot Mercenaries to seem more “like the panzy races…but not panzy panzy�.

Reports are coming in of raids with the war cry “For the Greater Green� with Orks brandishing Killer Kanz made of Crisis Suits and Heavy Armor composed of Necron Destroyers or Wraith parts. They have made lots of enemies in a short amount of time and other Orks consider them extremely unOrky. The rest of the races see the group as a ridiculous oddity, but remain cautious. Should the band ever figure out how to get their looted weapons working, they could create a dangerously, unpredictable new form of Waaagh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only major problem I see with this is....

That when a Necron army is defeated, the ENTIRE army, INCLUDING stray parts, even a ripped off finger, disappears. Everything just teleports away. So no destroyer or wraith parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ViseStompy
    *Warning use of fluff may result in very silly looking models and curious stares from other players, serious need not apply*

It is rare for the various races of the 40k universe to influence each other. Their philosophies are too far ingrained in their psyches to admit such change. However, occasional it does happen with rather unexpected results. Such was the case of Grurg and Zooloo, a pair of simple Orks.

From their early days the pair always seemed a little odd too their fellow Orks. They spent too much time standing around not smashing things, too little time butting heads with other Orks. They seemed well on their way to becoming regular mek boyz or perhaps mad doks. That was until one unexpected encounter that would change their lives.

The two were sent on a raiding party to a small, obscure imperial colonial world. While scouting, they unexpectedly came across a group of Tau rallying the human’s too their cause. They pair stood transfixed as they heard the philosophy of unity and the Greater Good. Too show their gratitude for this new found “wizdom� the pair brought their raifding party and wiped out the entire group. They then preceded to looted everything they could get their hands on, it seemed like the right thing too do.

When they returned to the big mob, they started spreading the message of united waagh and high tek strength. They soon had a large mob supporting their cause; seeing the two as incarnations of a new “Brainyer� Gork and Mork. This is where things started getting off course. For starters, the pair mistakenly labeled it the “Greater Green�. They also forgot which “panzy race� were the ones responsible for the message. Thus, they began viciously raiding Eldar and, though extremely rare, Necrons along with Tau for new gear. Though they have yet to get any of the races technology working, it hasn’t stopped the mob from jamming these scrapped vehicles on their own war machines or from wearing the war gear and making shootas and choppas out of their weapons.

Grurge has gone so far as to paint himself Grey, while Zooloo is fashioning Eldar headgear. The group’s band is as tekky as an Ork War band can get and they are paying top tooth to get all the Mek boyz they can too figure out their new toys. They have also started hiring Kroot Mercenaries to seem more “like the panzy races…but not panzy panzy�.

Reports are coming in of raids with the war cry “For the Greater Green� with Orks brandishing Killer Kanz made of Crisis Suits and Heavy Armor composed of Necron Destroyers or Wraith parts. They have made lots of enemies in a short amount of time and other Orks consider them extremely unOrky. The rest of the races see the group as a ridiculous oddity, but remain cautious. Should the band ever figure out how to get their looted weapons working, they could create a dangerously, unpredictable new form of Waaagh.
    Ah hahaha!
    Rofl!
    Its so funny!!11!!111!one!! Nice.
    It's been a minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

And what do I say? I say hilarious.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah I totally forgot that about Necron! Maybe they can tear off an odd arm here or there=P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Jeez!! That is....is...friggin hilarious. Totally orky and totlally original, and pretty damn accurate for ork memory...

"For the Greater Green!" Gotta go paint dat on da side uv ma looted land raida.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, what's great about this is that it really doesn't seem to be that much of a stretch for orks either.

I would love to see a alien sympathizer ork army on the table... if you're not planning on playing in any tourneys take some looted xeno vehicles too. And make your ork vehicles out of old alien stuff... like a battle wagon converted from a crashed devilfish (my friend did that, and it looks AWESOME, especially with looted dozer blades and all sorts of other crazy crap). And if you wanted killa cans, just take a crisis suit, tear off the head and replace it with an ork head, and make the legs out of whatever's handy.
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Iit's a beautiful idea. I'd love to see photos of these when they're done.

However, my irresistable fluff nazism has to give you a small slap on the wrist for a few things:

Quote Originally Posted by ViseStompy
    They seemed well on their way to becoming regular mek boyz or perhaps mad doks.
    An ork is genetically inclined to become an oddboy; they wouldn't start working towards it. They'd obviously either be mad doks or meks, there is no "becoming" an oddboy.

That and how would bogstandard orks have understood Imperial Gothic (or whatever language the Tau were speaking)?

Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    Iit's a beautiful idea. I'd love to see photos of these when they're done.

However, my irresistable fluff nazism has to give you a small slap on the wrist for a few things:

An ork is genetically inclined to become an oddboy; they wouldn't start working towards it. They'd obviously either be mad doks or meks, there is no "becoming" an oddboy.

That and how would bogstandard orks have understood Imperial Gothic (or whatever language the Tau were speaking)?
    closed captioning... obviously :yes:
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

See it's stuff like this that makes me want to go Green; there's too much you can do with the Orks and, unlike with most other races, if anyone pulls you up for a dodgy conversion you can just say it's looted. "wtf Gauss-axe?" "Looted." "wtf Tomb Spyder on wheels with Zzap Gun?" "Looted." "wtf Killa Krisis Suit with dreadnought arm and tank tracks?" "Looted, looted, looted"

Do it. For the good of the 40K universe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast