World Eaters based Space Marine Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

World Eaters based Space Marine Chapter

World Eaters:

Okay here is the starting fluff for my space marines chapter I'm creating. This is a letter from Brother Captain Tamryn, Leader of a battle barge of world eaters that turned against Angron only to be lost to the Warp for 10000 years, to the Ecclesiarch. Having had a brief contact with the enigmatic Harlequins Brother Captain Taryn does what he feels is right and requests a review by the inquisition in an attempt to prove his honor and that of his men. That they may once again serve the Imperium. Any Advice would be much appreciated.

It began Long ago during the time of Horus, We followed Primarch Angron into battle, we listened to his telling of the coming battle for terra, and at first we believed his tales. Soon though we realized that something was not right. I went down into the barrack-hold and consulted with my brothers and we came to a consensus, we would not fight an unrighteous battle against our fellow space marines. Myself and two of the other Captains went up to the Command deck of the battle barge, and spoke briefly with the crew and soon it was all agreed, Though it pained out hearts to do so when we reached Terra we would join with the Terran bound Legions and defend Terra from Horus and his Heretical ways. With that decided we set course for Terra, we felt the shift into the warp, then nothingness, the nothingness seemed to last for an eternity, then as suddenly as it had begun it ceased and we were here, high in orbit around the lifeless ball of a moon below. We had but one additional passenger, and no dead when we returned, our mysterious passenger was brief in his summary of what had happened over the last 10 thousand years. He was a tall lean figure who moved with inhuman grace, yet had an ice bound look that sent chills to my core. We know not why we were held for so long, and we know not why we were released into this day. But I tell you that all this is as it was, We Seek only to prove ourselves, and to reclaim our place among the Legions Astartes. We invite the inquisitorium to come and to investigate. We will submit to the emporers will, and if need be the emperors penance and wrath.

Awaiting Your Reply
    World Eaters Brother Captain Tamryn

**Attached Roster of all Units about**

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Does this seem plausible for the founding of a new chapter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not an expert on Imperial Dogma, but it has been my experience that the instituitions general rule of thumb lies somewhere along the lines of;

When in doubt, blast the ever loving crap out of it.

I would think that submitting yourelf for review is a death sentance.

How can you serve the Emperor against the foul evil things of the dark places when his very machinations would trample your good faith?

Come to the far reaches of your space, come and join us in the pursuit of peace brother. We will welcome you with open arms, and we will gladly let you serve your emperor, as we believe he too was of the greater good.

Sincerely,

Kao'Tal'La

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Also keep in mind that almost every WE (if not all) had brain implants which sent them over to the far side of psychotic violence. This was not a legion of thinkers or sceptics, but frothing maniacs who just want to tear their enemies aart limb from limb. And that was before the heresy. I do not think it likely that there would have been any significant opposition to Angron, nor that they could have possibly survive the purges.
    Also, as Shas'Ui Kao'tal'la pointed out, the Inquisition would not exactly waste time on an investigation. These are members of a legion which was declared excommunicate by the Emperor remember and later attacked Armageddon with such force that a full company of Grey Knight Terminators died and every human who was from - or who served on - Armageddon was "quarantined" and sterilised to prevent rumours of what happened.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I think the guys have it right.. Put it this way, these men are carrying geneseed drawn from the body of one of the most unspeakable horrors the Imperium has to face. There's a level of taint associated with that, and the Imperium seems to have very strong ideas about spiritual purity. If Angron couldn't be trusted, why should these guys. This is especially true since they are likely to have undergone the neurosurgical procedures which Angron inflicted on his legion to turn them into berserk maniacs in battle. Berserk maniacs don't tend to make good allies.

If you want to do a world eaters style chapter, why not have a chapter which, without the knowledge of the Imperium at large, is digging into using aggression increasing neurosurgery to improve their ferocity in battle, thereby repeating the sins of Angron, but without actually being part of his legion and carrying the same level of spiritual corruption. Heck, throw in some dark rumours about the origins of their geneseed.. but just don't say categorically 'these are world eaters.' Because the Imperium hates and fears the World Eaters to a violent and extreme degree.

That and the lost in the warp thing is very overdone, I hate to say. Nothing wrong with it persay, after all, it happened to the 13th company and the legion of the damned, but it's just used so much it becomes slightly cliched and isn't very believable.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; March 24th, 2006 at 23:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Or if you're dead set on having legitimate WE for your army, say the agression modifications malfunctioned in one user - the leader of the company - and he came to his senses immediately as the Heresy began, and then deactivated the implants in his Company, thus freeing them from bloodlust.

It's probable.

But as for submitting yourself to an Inquisitor, that's asking for it. They'd be murderised.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Join us, we await your decision in the Damocles Gulf.
    "I have followed the myriad potential futures of the Tau with great interest. Though barely even striplings compared to us, I feel a strange protectiveness towards them. In time I believe they will exceed even our greatest feats and master the darkness within their souls." Eldrad Ulthran

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'Ui Kao'tal'la
    Join us, we await your decision in the Damocles Gulf.
    lol its like you;re trying to convert him. Also take note on the fluff: the Damocles gulf battle is over, try Phase Three Expansion as its the new campaign of the tau.

I don't think loyal marines would submit to the Greater Good since from a SM point of view the Greater Good is a lie as the Emperor is the only truth in their perspective. The tau accept the Emperor as a form of the Greater Good but SSs view all xeno ideas as filth. You should read the novel "Firewarrior" to find out more about the religious views of SM and Tau.

I think the_Giant_Mantis has the best way if you want a chapter similiar to World Eaters. However, do not relate the fluff to anything in the warp or connected to Angron and his We as any trace of them in your chapter's blood = extermination. The inquisition are like that.

If you really want WE just say you're playing pre-heresy. Its really really cool to model since you have to use older suits of power armor and even though it doesn't fit into the setting by 10k years you would have a very unique army.

what is it you like about WE? the close combat? the gladiator aspect? the brain implants? I'm sure you can create a new chapter using that aspect without delving into WE fluff.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll beg forgiveness but I was referring to a place in space, not neccesarily a campaign.

As far as having marines choosing Tau'Va, I believe I made no assertion that they had to, merely that we would gladly welcome them on our journey.

Peace be with you.
    "I have followed the myriad potential futures of the Tau with great interest. Though barely even striplings compared to us, I feel a strange protectiveness towards them. In time I believe they will exceed even our greatest feats and master the darkness within their souls." Eldrad Ulthran

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'Ui Kao'tal'la
    I'll beg forgiveness but I was referring to a place in space, not neccesarily a campaign.

As far as having marines choosing Tau'Va, I believe I made no assertion that they had to, merely that we would gladly welcome them on our journey.

Peace be with you.
    Ah true.

I should try converting a tactical squad to see what they would be like with tau gear.

rigged beyond all measures lol. SM toting pulse rifles....lol.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast