New 40k campaign idea. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 40k campaign idea.

I wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here...

What do you think of GW having chaos take over Terra, throw the emporer off a cliff and take over... WAIT!! Not done yet. Basically the imperium is ruined, thousands of planets worth of humans are tortured and killed and it's all very sad. Then the Emperor revives and gathers the remains of the space marines and imperial guard and the campaign is sent on from there... The one problem is what to do with the emporer after they take over the galaxy again. (obviously this would happen because everybody loves a good guy.... )

Necron 2000 14/1/13

How come everybody else on this forum has 400 wins to 2 loses? I smell cheese.... and beef... sandwich!

What was Rogal Dorn doing when the Sanguinius and the Emporer got killed???

Woohoooo I killed the treeman!!! :)

I killed the Glade riders too!!!! :)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Won't work. Too revolutionary, and the fall of human civilisation would drastically change the nature of its armies, so you'd need about four new Codexes. If Humanity has fallen, the Eldar probably have too, the Tau are going to be screwed pretty soon, the Necrons will retreat since the galaxy will become one giant Eye of Terror, and if the Emperor dies the psychic beacon goes out and humanity's pretty much screwed.

Plus, anything involving the Emperor coming back to life sets off the bull**** alarm in about half a second.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since you want your campaign to be against the remnats of the imperium, why not scale it down a lot, i.e dont take terra, take a sytem or something, then say the sm reinforcments didnt know about it because of warp storms, so you would just fight the imperial remnants of that system.

You just cant say that the whole imperium colapsed as ze poodle has said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Donut
    Basically the imperium is ruined, thousands of planets worth of humans are tortured and killed and it's all very sad.
    Understatement of the millenia. You mean like even worse than someone kicking a puppy, thats sad.

Don't try it. A single system lost to Chaos is fine, or even a sector like the Sabbat Worlds. Not the entire Imperium.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention that the death of the Emperor will probably herald the coming of a new Chaos god, the Star Child, or both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

besides that particular idea is already written down and kept in a locked vault at GW HQ ready for the day when everyone is leaving 40k and they havent got any more ideas of where to take the fluff then...BAM! they crack open the whole 2nd apocalypse, return of the primarchs, rebirth of the emperor and hey presto! everyone comes flooding back lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Not to mention Chaos taking Terra wouldn't happen, not without some sneaky fenangling on the part of GW. That place doesn't screw around with defenses, anything gets even close to it, and well, you know how everyone always says there are never enough space marines to start a campaign against the Tau or the like? I'll bet you they'd find those troops right quick.

+ Reply to Thread