what is a talos anyway? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is a talos anyway?

is it a he or a she? is it a creation by a heamy or was it born from another talos. its obviously not a vehicle because it has 3 wounds. i dont own a talos so have never used it in a game because basically, i dont know what the flip it is. im all about fluff, so if this thing (besides being awesome on the battlefield ((so im told)) is actually something cool, i might consider going out and getting one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Fluff questions belong in the Army Fluff forum. Therefore... punt!

That being said - just because it has the profile of a regular model doesn't necessarily mean it's not a vehicle. For instance, look at the Wraithlord. It's more vehicle than not, but has the profile of a standard model. So why does the Talos have to be any different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i found on another post that there creations from the heamy. thanks anyway. sorry about that. but heres another quick question, are they worth using if you dont use a wwp. besides drawing fire, they just seem to slow. i usually mount everything i have on raiders, except sniper squads so if all they do is draw fire, id rather use 100 points on something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

You just want to keep changing the thread topic don't ya. That question should probably be taken to the DE forum.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. well, you know i like to make things difficult. sorry. im still kinda new to this whole forums idea

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

The Talos is a machine constructed by the Heamonculi in commaragh, it's a giant torture device powered by the death throws of a victim that it captures. As for if you should take one that would depend on the type of army you want to play although from what i have seen in action they do come in handy.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talos

I was under the impression that it was like a Dreadnought but more Dark Eldar ish (torturie and death filled) just my two penny fifty =) hope it helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A talos is a nightmarish creation born from the dreams of the most twisted and maniacal of the Haemonculi, a hovering torture device that is powered by the pain of its victims.
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Librarian
    A talos is a nightmarish creation born from the dreams of the most twisted and maniacal of the Haemonculi, a hovering torture device that is powered by the pain of its victims.

In other words, lots of fun!

If you've seen the Talos model up close, you can see an eldar strapped into it looking quite tortured. I think pain is to the dark eldar as the colour red is to orks. The more pain it causes, the better it works!

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Talos is something you should always stay away from, its only vulnerable at a distance. Once its in CC then it becomes pretty much invincible, even a wraithlord will not stop it.
    It doesnt have a good ranged weapon but its multishot. In CC it has tons of atacks that tear any type of infantry and do even better against armor. Its like a can opener when it comes to tanks. Usually oponents are scared of it and shot it with everything they have, so less shots directed at ur raiders. I find it very usefull for any role
    Should you take one? Yes

+ Reply to Thread