Genesis Lords - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genesis Lords

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genesis Lords

Here’s what I’ve got so far... plz help me fill in the blanks all c&c is welcomed

Chapter Name: Genesis Lords
    Gene-Seed: Salamders
    Founding: 24th
    Symbol: Sword inside a cog
    Color Scheme: lich purple & sunburst yellow
    Homeworld:Genesis ( the Halo Stars system )
    Battle Cryain is an Illusion We are eternal

Current Chapter Master: Lord Fernoch
    Current Arch-Chaplain: Markus
    Current Chief Librarian: Alfon
    Current Master Techmarine: Hockter

Beliefs
    Like many other Chapters, Gen Lords respected the Holy Emperor as the mightiest of mankind instead of a living god. In addition, they also have high regards for the Amech with whom they work with closely.
    Gen lords send their new recruits into hostile battlefield limited supplies , salvaging any machines or weapons that they can find to fight for their lives, this made their knowledge about tools of war exceptionally good.

Organization
    According to their records, Gen Lords Organization, including the training methods and promotion standards, were more or less the same as normal Codex Chapters. Their Chapters divided into ten companies (each with ten squads); above the companies were the Armory, Librarium and Headquarter Staffs of the Chapter, with some known difference:
    1. The Chapter techmarine, when it's needed, could take full control of the Chapter in case the Chapter Master was, and only was, dead and the new one hadn't been found. This is because of their ties to the Admech.
    2. They will often fight along the side of AM & IG troops both being very close to the chapter.
    3. Each company would work independently if they weren't gathered under the command of the Chapter Master, and had the right to recruit a limited number of new marines (10th Company only).
    4. Marines skilled with mechanics could enter the Armory and work together with their Techpriests, who could be either from Adeptus Mechanicus or from the Chapter itself.
    5. A large number of vets that were near death are kept in stasis by the Headquarters. ( This is done by cryogen freezing )Reasons for this were to keep valuable resources for the Chapter's future battles.
    6. They work closely with the Admech & often have an Admech Retinue with them in battle.
    Apart from these, they're more or less the same than other Codex Chapters.

Combat Doctrines
    Gen lords Excels in siege combat. They make use of their machines and, after studying the enemy formations, they'll attack their weak spots with marines carrying Assault Weapons while machines and other marines with Heavy Weapons provide covering fire behind.
    For this purpose, the Chapter extensively use hard-hitting and/or heavily armored units like Vindicators, Crusaders and Whirlwinds, rather launching raids by Bikes and Speeders------though they'll make the battle easier, the marines generally believe they're quite unreliable when compared to assault marines.
    As a result, the Chapter mainly formed up by shooting units, while only the best marines would join the Assault Marines. This made a balance for the Chapter: Elite Close-combat brawlers are accompanied by enough covering fire.

Last edited by BrokenWingZ; May 13th, 2006 at 06:29.
    i misspell alot

DIE BUNNY, DIE BY MY HEAVY BOLTER
    copy this into your sig to halt bunny's quest for world domination!!
    '''''____________
    '''/O_____|'''''''''|__''''''(\_/)
    '''|_|__________|__|''''(O.o)
    HH''''''|_|''''HHH'''''''''''(> <)
    ''''HH'''''''''''HH
    '''''''HH''''''HH
    ''''''''''HHHH

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks fairly good to me. The only problem that i find is the salvaging of alien and/or heretical equipment, and then using it in conjunction with their own bolters. The thought is... heretical for some reason. The Imperium does not like scientific advances for some reason. But wait for more feedback before you change your fluff.
    I'll go out on a wild goose chase here if you don't mind.
    *Chasing geese*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Seems fine to me, although I'm no expert. There's variety there, and although they're sufficiently different to have their own identity, you've not done the "we are superhard and even the GK are scared of us" thing some people do with their own chapters.

Technology is a problem in the Imperium: you are supposed to revere it, but not to look into it too closely (the equivalent of messing up a saint's bones, probably). Personally I think your viewpoint is fine: some chapters - including mine, so I'm biased here - are just more technologically curious than others.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I like the colour scheme and chapter badge. The Chapter seems pretty good overall would like to know more of their exploits.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CAn Salamander genseed be used? I thought that they where almost wiped out near the begining of the Hours heresy.

But all the other stuff seems to be fine to me.
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

realy good fluff. and like the chapter badge. my marines are very similar except for the whole master techpriest think. can you give use some more on their history please
    What you do in life, echos in eternerty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Ares
    CAn Salamander genseed be used? I thought that they where almost wiped out near the begining of the Hours heresy.
    There's nothing wrong with it it's just that they were a tiny legion and never got split up into second founding chapters.

Black Dragons and Storm Giants apparently use their geneseed (though no doubt modified for the Black Dragons).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for all who like it so far.. now if anyone wants to throw out some ideas on the history it would help me alot
    i misspell alot

'''''____________
    ''''HH'''''''''''HH
    '''''''HH''''''HH
    ''''''''''HHHH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

updated the fluff a bit ..im still working on the history part.. again all c&c is welcomed
    i misspell alot

'''''____________
    ''''HH'''''''''''HH
    '''''''HH''''''HH
    ''''''''''HHHH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Pretty good so far,I especialy like the TOOL reference. You may want to go into a bit more detail on thier history and thier home planet. Just think of what they include in Index Astartes articles and try to incorporate some of that stuff. Other then that I only have 3 small questions.

1. The Chapter techmarine, when it's needed, could take full control of the Chapter in case the Chapter Master was, and only was, dead and the new one hadn't been found. This is because of their ties to the Admech.
    Sounds a bit odd for the chain of command to fall onto the head Techpriest but I guess the close ties to the AM kinda explain that away.

3. Each company would work independently if they weren't gathered under the command of the Chapter Master, and had the right to recruit a limited number of new marines (10th Company only).
    I don't really understand what you're saying there. It's pretty standard for each company to be able to operate independently,but are you saying that in your chapter the 10th company handles recruiting?I mean it's f ine if you are,most chapters put thier librarians in charge of recruting from the local population but it's not a rule.

6. They work closely with the Admech & often have an Admech Retinue with them in battle.
    I'm really curious as to how you'd represent this on the table,if you plan on doing so. You gonna use some'a those nifty servitor models or somethin'?

By the way your screen name happens to be the name of my Space Marine chapter. The cool points are adding up.^_^
    Last edited by Edicius; May 13th, 2006 at 06:54.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast