O'shovah Coerced By Chaos? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished reading the new fluff about commander farsight... and as some of you may know im a rabid believer of the "tau created and exploited by the deciever" theory (see tau=experiment? in the fluff section).

Well, the newest WD points that there is something very different about him. He has lived more then 300 years, where the normal fire warrior lives around 40. i believe it has something to do with the dawn blade-perhaps it is a Daemon weapon? now for some off the wall speculation:

maybe it was created by the old ones? or even the eldar? Chaos seems a little too obvious, but it definiteley makes the most sense, a demon weapon would assuredly prolong the life of its wielder if it chose to.

but if any of those factions informed him of what theethereals were planning? even if it were chaos, it would still be in o'shovahs best interest to use the gifts given him to combat the ethereals, and by extension, the c'tan.

so in summary:

FACTS:
    Dawn blade
    The ethereal who traveled with him disappeared when the blade was found
    extremely long life

Speculation:
    Ethereals=C'tan
    Dawn blade could be a demon weapon, could eldar/old one weapon for c'tan extermination

gah, im getting pulled away... what do you all think?

I for one am now thinkin about making my army a farsight led enclave... seems like he is on the rise.

iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, in the same article, it mentions that the tau may have some latent warp ability.
    iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I definatly believe the Dawn Blade is a Khorne influenced artefact at least. Hell, why else paint your armor red and actually revel in close combat when the rest of your race despises it so much?
    If I were to do O'Shovah, I'd cry "Blood for the Blood God!" every time he charged....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the dawn blade is a deamon weapon, why is it not modeled the same way as all others (e.g. fire, deamonic faces, etc.)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the Dawnblade was a Necon weapon, especially with the next campaign being oriented towards Tau and Necron. I haven't actually gotten the new WD though, here in the states we have to wait longer for it.

O'Shovah is an interesting character though, too bad the rules for his enclave are so crappy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i live in the states as well, but my local GW store just happened to have it in. I have a feeling that something will happen to the farsights, perhaps even a unique army list as part of the next campaign? now that would be sweet, perhaps even some specialized HtH battlesuits.
    iron Hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As fer da Dawn Blade bein' a Daemon weapon, don't tink so, its to clean and Panzie-like, maybe Old Ones? It does say it is an exetremely old artifact found on some old strange world fing.... may be da Old One's boyz left it dere for someone of da good side ta find? Me don't know, but da fact dat he loves HTH does befuddle me Ork brain, OUCH!! Datz a choppa neva mind!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was probably the Necrons. But they could never make suctch a big weapon.. .ah, maybe the chaos found the small petty ones really weak, htne ripped it off some guy, ripped the close combat weapon, and encanced it by a huge rate. I mean doesnt the Dawn Blade even look a little Necron? It does to me it looks like a hook like on a Necron Lord. Compare, Dawn Blade, Necron Lords head on his staff.

Edit: I just found out what your 2nd last quote is Ork Warlord, on the Tau? The Name? Commander Blooded Unforseen Spider. NICE MAN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could have been made by some alien race devoted to the dark gods and so does not have the "gothic" feel say Abaddon's sword has. It probably is a weapon of chaos. The Inquisition's research has found that the Scythes of the Emperor had previously fought a long and hard campaign against the Chaos Cultists of the world who dominated it and terrorized the surrounding systems. Also, the planet was subject to Exterminatus shortly after the Horus Heresy ended. The "free" thinking of Commander Farsight and his seeming lack of respect toward the "Greater Good" are traits endemic of Chaos.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GW pushing O'Shava...
    Next campaign Necron...

Id deduce its an Old Ones weapon for fighting the C'tan.

- Stretch

:a

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast