Chaos dealing with a 'nid hyve fleet? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos dealing with a 'nid hyve fleet?

Maybe its just me, but or some reason I've not heard anything about any major chaos vs nids interaction. Has there been, or could there be a hive fleet that would come close to the eye of terror?

If I remember correctly...

...........O.............
    ........................TT
    .........(O)........TT
    .......................TT

o=Eye of Terror
    (O)=galactic core
    T= Area of the galaxy where tyranids come in from.

Could it be simple galactic geography that keeps them appart?

I've seen a man roll 26 ones in a single handfull of dice, and Tycho die 49 consecutive times in 60 games. I've had a wolf lord never die (106 games) and a war walker kill a Force Commander AFTER its gotten both weapons destroyed. I've lived a full gaming life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that the Hive mind feared Chaos and since Chaos Deamons just dissapate they cant get ate so the nids cant eat them. But that is hearsay from another Fourm.

WILL CLEANSE HERITECS 2 for 1! shampoo extra

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

It is just simple geography (for a decent galaxy map, check out darkmillennia.net), as the first 2 Hive Fleets have come from the galactic East and the EoT is to the galactic West. Although Leviathan has come up fairly close to the Maelstrom, there haven't been any reported clashes, but that's where they'd be if there were any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

The best actual map is in the WH40k rulebook. The darkmillenia one is more detailed i'll admit but its also been tilted slightly so that everything isn't exactly where it should be as we normally see it in the 40k universe. The Eye is actually more NW, with the first two hive fleets coming in almost directly from the east. Leviathan is coming up underneath the galaxy. So if you look at the darkmillenia map its technically coming into the galaxy from behind the map. Same goes with the rulebook map, though I know both maps show leviathan as coming in from the south, its technically not.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by bohica_joe
    I heard that the Hive mind feared Chaos and since Chaos Deamons just dissapate they cant get ate so the nids cant eat them. But that is hearsay from another Fourm.
    It's more likely the other way around. Just because the Tyranids can't physically consume the essence of a Daemon, doesn't mean the hive mind (a vast "static field" which consumes so much of the ambient "energy" in the warp as to drown out the Astronomician) can't do so.

Unfortunately, we don't have any reliable information aside from a few instances of chaos-posessed Genestealer vanguard broods, and one occasion where an Iron Warriors strike force infected a solitary (aka vulnerable and cut off from the hive fleet) Tyranid hive ship with the Obliterator Technovirus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Chaos Possessed Genestealers, what an awesome thought that is :shifty:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru
    Chaos Possessed Genestealers, what an awesome thought that is :shifty:
    Yet it's happened in the GW fluff on at least one occasion (I think it was the book "Blood Claw", one of the Space Wolf series about Ragnar). But again, it was only possible because the particular group of tyranids was completely isolated from the Hive Mind and left to their own devices for a long while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

88 (x3)

Happened in Soul Drinker too. Nurgle-possessed stealers, more bloated and a lot harder to kill than standard stealers, but slower.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right Poptartsninja in "Storm of Iron" the Iron warriors use a Tyranid ship that has been infected with the Obliterartors Technovirus.
    Yes people i know that my spelling and punctuation is awful but I am product of British teaching pollicies so what can I do about it?

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point about the Hive Mind eating Demons is an interesting one. Although its probably possible, individual demons would probably keep out of it's way, treating it as simply another really big demon (they eat each other) and a major demonic incursion would have a significant amount of attention from it's patron god, who would probably fight the Hive Mind in some way. Personally I'd guess that hte chaos god would win, but that's just me.

Anyway Chaos God v Hive Mind in the Warp, could be a very interesting fight.
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast