Travelers.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travelers....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travelers....

Ok I really like the look of the 1k sons but hate their army rules. SO i was thinking of an army that was fluffy and would look good. First off I was only going to use 1 or 2 squads of actuall 1k marines(the models) and then use the req chaos for the req guys.

After the sever beating the 1k sons took from the space wolves they were forced to retreat into the eye of terror with the rest of the chaos legions. When Azhrim use his rubric to change the 1k sons Magnus(I dont know what magnus is now, some say he fused with a tower like sarun from lotr, some say dp) angered at Azhrim for turning his legion into spirit husks he sent his personal body guard to recruit new marines. magnus's body guard werent changed into spirit husks. The Travelers which they are now known as move across the galaxy using their power to corrupt the minds of other space marines to follow Tzeench and Magnus. They have succeded into corrupting a blood ravens company starting with their librarians who then killed their commander secretly they were promised greater knowledge. Many of the Blood ravens were killed off and only the strong have been inducted in to the travelers.

So what do you think of this so far? Feel free to tear it to shreds.

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Could be worse I quite like the idea that there were some Thousand sons not affected by the rubric it mught be more plausible to say they weren't on the planet at the time. Also corrupting an entire company of marines would be a huge effort and a huge blow to the chapter, it would probably be better to say that 20 or 30 (at most were corrupted) or perhaps up to a hundred marines but all from different chapters over the course of many centuries.

I can see people taking issue with various things but I personally think it isn't too far from what could happen if you use a bit of imagination.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Remember Berny, if were talking about bodygaurds of Magnus then they were probably powerful sorcerers. (Therefore strong enough to not be affected by the rhubric of Ahriman.)

The corruption of an entire company is probably very possible. Coupled with the fact that the blood ravens know nothing of their founding makes it even more possible. That aside the whole idea sounds very interesting since Magnus was in a state of denial (if I remember correctly) after the rhubric curse had been cast upon the legion.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    Remember Berny, if were talking about bodygaurds of Magnus then they were probably powerful sorcerers. (Therefore strong enough to not be affected by the rhubric of Ahriman.)

The corruption of an entire company is probably very possible. Coupled with the fact that the blood ravens know nothing of their founding makes it even more possible. That aside the whole idea sounds very interesting since Magnus was in a state of denial (if I remember correctly) after the rhubric curse had been cast upon the legion.

Good points well made. I was just thinking that seeing that the rubric was cast with the combined power of many sorcerers and effected an entire planet even Magnus Bodyguards might have been effected but that said those Thousand sons with powerful sorcereous abilities weren't sealed into their armour anyway so its all good.

As for the Blood Ravens a tenth of the chapter destroyed or worse turned to chaos seems quite drastic not impossible but it is quite a major event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Sounds good. One thing also, if you don't like the idea of slow marines, is use Thousand Sons with the death guard rules - I have discussed it a few times and the DG rules actually make a lot more sense for thousand sons - After all, thousand sons are tough to damage but once you make a hole in the armour, the soul flies out and the armour is useless (death guard are basically zombies - easy to wound but hard to take down, and shambling - so in effect, the thousand sons rules make more sense for the death guard!). Items like the plague sword are similar to force weapons, which are more fitting for a psychic army - the only thing that really differs is the non-passing of leadership, but everything else seems to fit.

Anyway, but the fluff sounds cool as it is - corrupting and manipulation is very much Tzeentchian. Just one point - it's Ahriman, not Azhrim. And as has been stated, Magnus' bodyguard were psykers, and therefore did not become dust - the extreme mutations were arrested and reversed, but they were strong enough to resist being turned into dust, and the marines without powers became dust.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok the reason i chose the BR is because reading DOW and DOWA they seemed a little weird. They love knowledge which turned 1 of teir libs already. And if you read the story they turned the LIBS first and they killed their company commander, and since the BR are very LIB heavy the marines beieved the LIBS who led them to the Eye where many died(scouts) annd the strong were brought under Magnus.

And the DG idea ill think about but i want to play tournys with this army so i dont know if its illegal. But i think tht the 1k sons rules are fine. (remember I will only use 2 chaos marine sqauds of 1k sons.

ANy more help would be appriciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

1. Why the blood ravens.. They already lost a company to corruption and it is well recorded and a big part of the chapter mythology. If they lost another, it'd probably be in their official fluff.

2. Magnus Bodyguard would not be as big as entire army. He'd probably have had a chosen squad, true, but then again I'd imagine Ahriman was probably in it. He was the most powerful sorcerer in the legion, besides Magnus.

That, and they'd all be psychic. The squad leaders in the thousand sons were only allowed to advance to that rank because they were psychically stronger than the other members of their squad. Therefore, the point about Magnus bodyguard being immune to the rubric is irrelevant. It wouldn't have affected them, because they'd all be psykers. No non psyker would ever be allowed to advance that far in the elitist organization of the thousand sons.

3. Magnus was a proud guy, as are his followers. Would they really want a bunch of degenerate loyalists with crappy geneseed. The thousand sons measure worth by psychic power. They came from a world populated by psychic mutants. Normal humans and marines created from them probably seem like unevolved animals to them.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; May 3rd, 2006 at 15:51.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

I don't think Derka Derka is saying that the Blood ravens become Thousand Sons marines per say more that they are made followers of tzeentch, and tzeentch would always want new followers.

Applying Chaos codex rules to how big a bodyguard is meant to be in terms of the fluff is a bit dodgy anyway bodyguard being such a loose term. That is to say an entire 1000pt (or even larger) army could represent a Chaos Lords bodyguard with the chosen simply being the best of the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you read the top i said i was using 2 sqauds of actual 1k sons models as the body guard with the number of tzeench. They would count as chosen. And i have no clue what

"Why the blood ravens.. They already lost a company to corruption and it is well recorded and a big part of the chapter mythology. If they lost another, it'd probably be in their official fluff."

your talking about. I just used the BR because they have the most libs out of the know SM chapters and what do the TS like more then LIB nothing ha ha ha ha. Back on topic i also chose them because knowledge is power is their saying. and Tzeench grants ever fulfilling knowledge. there would be other marines in the army too but i wanted to emphisize(sp) on the BR because they like knowledge.

Ill be adding more soon keep it up guys its really helping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Berny Mac
    Applying Chaos codex rules to how big a bodyguard is meant to be in terms of the fluff is a bit dodgy anyway bodyguard being such a loose term. That is to say an entire 1000pt (or even larger) army could represent a Chaos Lords bodyguard with the chosen simply being the best of the best.
    No problem in that case. I just thought the word recruits made it sound a lot like they were inducting them into the legion, which, certainly in the case of the thousand sons, would never be allowed to happen.

Followers is cool though.. Mindslaves is even better. I still feel the blood ravens are a poor choice, and a whole company is perhaps too much, but you are free to do what you want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast