The Emporer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Emporer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Emporer

I need some people oppinion on this....Is he dead? I personaly think so.... the golden throne is massive and the High Lords of terra pretty much controll everything, the thouseds of souls could be used to fuel the throne or the highlerds themselfs can be the ones takeing in the souls.... (chaos rules) I just need some peoples oppinions on this.... (dont eat me) Im new and I dont have any1 else to ask......:yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

The master of mankind is more or less a vegetable. He's clinicly alive,but he's not moving. I'm pretty sure he's still breathing and all,but since it's through the use of machines I'm not sure how long he would last outside the throne.The souls that he sucks down are what keeps his shriveled old body from withering away completely. He's pretty much eternaly trapped in a hellish state of half life-half death.

That answer your question heretic? Good, now if you'll just step over here while I adjust the settings on my flamer we'll get to the buisiness of your repentance....

Junior Member Prophet_of_Menoth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnise
    I need some people oppinion on this....Is he dead? I personaly think so.... the golden throne is massive and the High Lords of terra pretty much controll everything, the thouseds of souls could be used to fuel the throne or the highlerds themselfs can be the ones takeing in the souls.... (chaos rules) I just need some peoples oppinions on this.... (dont eat me) Im new and I dont have any1 else to ask......:yes:
    nope he aint dead yet! he is the "carion king" he is caught between death and life. Kinda like a coma. He still has massive amounts of power and he keeps control of the warp thingy that directs Imperium legions back to their homeworld of terra. So he while close to death isnt really dead. this is all IMHO and i have only read the fluff on the emporer through the Black Templars Codex and very lengthly disscusions with 40k veterans (people that have been playing since 1st ed)

*edit: Dang! edicius beat me to it!
    -PoM-

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

the question is: does it matter? as someone once said (Robespierre?) 'if god did not exist it would be necessary to invent him'- The Emperor is the same, the potential for him to recover and one day arise from the golden throne gives humanity hope and fuels their desire to survive and conquer.
    From a technology point of view though im sure it would be within the range of the imperium to keep him in a semi vegative state- so not truly dead
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Theobold the Lame
    t as someone once said (Robespierre?) 'if god did not exist it would be necessary to invent him'-

I think it was Kant.

The tradegy for humanity in the WH40K universe is that if the emperor had died then perhaps his spirit would still guide them in the warp but also humanity could have moved on philisophically but as it is he is worshipped as a living god and this has kept humanity from progressing.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what would happen if... we killed him? would the psi scream rip appart terra? or would he just go squish?... also if he has all this power inside him he should be pretty awsome if something with the intent of killing him came into his throne room..... (MAKE YOUR HEAD GO BOOOM!) or something :shifty: eather way I personaly think its time the Inquisition came in and found out the emporer has a demon inside him :w00t: (amen)

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, as said before he is still alive, though his soul has been at least partly seperated from his physical body. However he still manages to project the Astronomicon, protect Astropaths from possession (most of the time) and produce the Acts of Faith that the Sisters get (I'm not too up to date on that bit though), he's also affected events in more major ways before such as the ending of the Age of Apostasy with the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath. Admittedly that could have been chance or some other power (Tzeentch comes to mind) meddling, but very few believe so.

*stands back and waits for Grephaun to write an essay length answer to the question*

Oh, and its Emperor, please watch your spelling.
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnise
    so what would happen if... we killed him? would the psi scream rip appart terra? or would he just go squish?... also if he has all this power inside him he should be pretty awsome if something with the intent of killing him came into his throne room..... (MAKE YOUR HEAD GO BOOOM!) or something :shifty: eather way I personaly think its time the Inquisition came in and found out the emporer has a demon inside him :w00t: (amen)
    I highly doubt that would happen....ever. according to all the fluff the Emperor is a Psychic being of almost unmatched power. I dont think a demon in the service of a Chaos god could penetrate his will.

-PoM-

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And about getting into his Throne Room, how exactly are you planning on getting past 10,000 Custodes, 300 of whom never leave his side?

And the Emperor eats demons for breakfast, even the chaos gods consider him of approximately equal power.
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I am the Monkey King
    And about getting into his Throne Room, how exactly are you planning on getting past 10,000 Custodes, 300 of whom never leave his side?

And the Emperor eats demons for breakfast, even the chaos gods consider him of approximately equal power.
    It was always my understanding that the Ork gods were even more powerful than the Chaos gods. Its just that they are lazy and never wake up. I could be wrong of course but that is what ive gathered talking to my friends who have been in the game longer than me.

-PoM-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast