Nightbringer/kaine/laughing god - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

Nightbringer/kaine/laughing god

In the necrons fluff, it mentions that the laughing god told kaine to strike when the nightbringer was ready to attack and became tangible. I've never heard any plausible explaination for this, and I was hoping someone here had. He obviously didn't get it from seeing the nightbringer fight, as by all accounts the laughing god was no match for the nightbringer. My theory is the deceiver sold him out to the laughing god, as the deceiver dislikes him immensely.

win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

It's an eldar myth.. it's likely hugely metaphorical and very, very skewed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khaine was defeated though, and from what I heard it was not marginal at all. The Nightbringer was at the peak of his power wasn't he? I believe he was sold out then, though aren't the Laughing God and Khaine allies with the Eldar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you call being their gods allies, then yes they would be.

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x2)

The knowledge of the Laughing God alone shouldn’t be underestimated; he’s apparently the only 40k god who knows the Webway and where the Black Library is.

Who’s to say the Library didn’t exist in some form even then? Or that it wouldn't have some interesting information about the C'tan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lioness
    The knowledge of the Laughing God alone shouldn’t be underestimated; he’s apparently the only 40k god who knows the Webway and where the Black Library is.

Who’s to say the Library didn’t exist in some form even then? Or that it wouldn't have some interesting information about the C'tan?
    That's a good point, he could have gathered the information on his own. I've just always wondered what his source was, a traitor, an unknown survivor, or even the black library? it could have been anything, and that's what intrigues me.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All you have to work with is Eldar myth, concerning the war in heaven and so on - because that's the only fluff which survives from the period when the Old Ones made war with the C'tan.
    If you read the Harlequin fluff, and, IIRC, Codex: Craftworld, there are descriptions of the Harlequin dances which show the Laughing god tricking the C'tan into devouring each other through illusion alone (The void dragon, I think?) and eventually driving them insane.

I would say that he has intimate knowledge of the C'tan - the Webway (of which he alone knows every nook and cranny) can take him almost anywhere in the Galaxy. His agents, the Harlequins are similarly mobile, and have access to all the knowledge and assets of the Dark Eldar, Craftworld Eldar, and most importantly they have access to all the knowledge in the black library, which would contain everything that the pre-fall Eldar knew about the Necrontyr, C'tan and all other things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong - but after Cegorach pointed out the weakness of the Nightbringer, I thought Khaine was successful in attacking him and destroying his Necrodermis body, which weakened him significantly (obviously, until another was built)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x3)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong - but after Cegorach pointed out the weakness of the Nightbringer, I thought Khaine was successful in attacking him and destroying his Necrodermis body, which weakened him significantly (obviously, until another was built)

You almost had to call it a draw...Khaine did break the NB's necrodermis thus weakening him for a time but simultaneously the NB cut khaine in two and cursed the eldar with not only the reaper aspect but with death itself for all eternity.

Also, lets keep in mind that the info in teh necron codex iteslf concerning the war in heaven is not told from and eldar myth PoV, its spoken in a very straightforward, objective manor. So their is Some concrete history.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concerning the C'tan from all the fluff and info I have gathered on that time period in the war in heaven. The lAughing God tricked The Outsider into eating his brother C'tan and that drove the Outsider insane. Deciever also tricked the Night Bringer into eating his fellow C'tan though the NB was not dirven insane or he already was. The Void Dragon stood off to the side more or less and went to sleep with the other three remaining C'tan. (Note: Deciever and the Laughing God, sound similiar but are two completly different beings int he 40k universe.)

Now there is the fight between Khaine and the NB along with those 100 swords of vaul thing. Don't know how the swords really fit in but i recall one of them being faulty or something.

During the fight the NB was more or less toying with Khaine as Khaine could not even hit him, think of the NB as phased out of khains reality. However, the Laughing God told Khaine to strike the as hard as he could when the NB tried to finish off Khaine. He did so, the necrodermis was breached, NB defeated for a time, but Khiane was only severly injured or crippled becuase he lived on to the Fall of the Eldar I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast