eldar gods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: eldar gods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eldar gods

i got a question about a possible relationship between chaos and normal eldar.Kaine is the eldar god of war, the bloody handed god, who opposes slaanesh. Khorne is the blood god of chaos, who also opposes slaanesh. my friends and i theorize that kaine is an aspect of khorne, but im not sure. anybody got any clues.

also, who do the dark eldar worship, because they sure do seem to spill a lot of blood to keep slaanesh back, and whats the deal with harlequins in this whole kain khorne slaanesh love triangle?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Eh..well the deal with Khaines is that he's got a little bit of both gods in 'im.Khaine is an aspect of both Khorne and Slaanesh. This is why they where fighting over him in the first place (the battle is what ripped Khaine apart and caused his little bits and pieces to scatter across the universe and become the Avatars)

The Dark Eldar don't really worship any of the Chaos Gods,but they do have a close relationship with Slaanesh. I'm not sure if you're at all familiar with the birth of Slaanesh and the Fall of the Eldar, but the short and simple of it is that the Eldar where so damned self indulgent and all around decedant that they accidently created Slaanesh,and to thank them she east thier souls when they die.The Dark Eldar (who in fact are the "original" Eldar) made a deal with She Who Thirsts. They steal souls from other races and feed them to her, in return they don't get thier souls gobbled up, and they get to live longer by sucking down a few of the souls themselves (I think O.o)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a bunch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by dan8uillin
    i got a question about a possible relationship between chaos and normal eldar.Kaine is the eldar god of war, the bloody handed god, who opposes slaanesh. Khorne is the blood god of chaos, who also opposes slaanesh. my friends and i theorize that kaine is an aspect of khorne, but im not sure. anybody got any clues.
    Would be interesting to know, although I'm not sure that it'll quite be fathomable any more. The Eldar gods were living weapons summoned out of the warp by Eldanesh and Ulthanesh during the War in Heaven. To get such powerful living weapons was part of the reason the Eldar were created. When the C'tan were defeated and the Eldar got battered back, they started worshipping them as gods. If it correlates that Khorne appeared at roughly that time, then your theory may work, although I don't know the timeline for either Khorne's apparance or the War in Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by dan8uillin
    whats the deal with harlequins in this whole kain khorne slaanesh love triangle?
    They worship Cergorach, the Laughing God or Great Harlequin. He's the only Eldar god to have survived the Fall intact, because he hid behind Khaine when Khaine and Slaanesh were fighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I seem to remember that I have read a story (don't ask me where I have read this, I can't back it up.) that Khaine was the son of Khorne but was turned to the Eldar by Asur... Seems weird that I think of this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khaine was created by the eldar (along with the other Eldar gods) as a weapon for the Old Ones.

The chaos gods are the product of general worship. People fear plague and disease, so you get Nurgle. Fear of change creates Tzeentch. The varied races waging war / worshiping war creates Khorne. This means that having a self supporting god of war (i.e. Khaine) makes Khorne more powerful, and you can bet that Khaine makes up a sizable chunk of Khornes power.

As to why Khorne fights Slaanesh, wouldn't you fight someone who destroyed a sizable chunk of your powerbase? Incase you don't know the story, after Slaanesh's birth there was a big fight between Khaine and Slaanesh. Khaine lost. His soul was shattered and the Eldar housed the pieces in the Avatars. With Khaine having taken such a beating, Khorne was reduced in power and thus started the fight between Khorne and Slaanesh.

+ Reply to Thread