Hmm... idea for my chaos army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Hmm... idea for my chaos army.

Just wondering would this be posible?

I was thinknig of having my chaos army made from fallen angels (Ex-Dark Angels) who believe that by utilising the powers of chaos that they have gotten by worshipping Chaos Dieties (Sp?) to wipe out foes of the imperium (Discluding Chaos) they may be welcomed back to the imperium. They also belive that Lion EL-Johnson is still alive out there and are on a constant search to find him. Unfortunately by using chaos they have been branded traitors and are constantly hunted by the imperium (Especially dark angels).

Some dark angels see where the fallen are comnig from and join them in theyre hunt to find Lion El-Johnson, thus unfortunately also being branded traitors by theyre former brethren.
    Although unknown to most of this 'chapter' the leaders and many of the Fallen angels that have been there much time have been corrupted by chaos and now seek to gain their own power by exploiting the fact that the majority of the fallen want edemption so badly they are willnig to do anything they belive will help them.

Sorry if this is hard to read/understand but this is my first time at attempting doing some fluff for an army. I liked the idea but wanted to check if it is possible to have happened in the 40k universe. Please note i am NOT saying that the dark angels are helping them, only afew go 'traitor' and follow the path on these fallen in their hunt for the primarch.

Thank you for all your input

~R1p70r~

Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by R1p70r
    by utilising the powers of chaos that they have gotten by worshipping Chaos Dieties (Sp?) to wipe out foes of the imperium (Discluding Chaos) they may be welcomed back to the imperium.
    Nice idea.. Horusianism rules. However, they're going to have to be pretty naive to hold that belief very long, especially after meeting their parent chapter who would kick their own grandmothers to death if it meant learning the location of a fallen angel they could kill, let alone a whole group of them.

Quote Originally Posted by R1p70r
    Some dark angels see where the fallen are comnig from and join them in theyre hunt to find Lion El-Johnson, thus unfortunately also being branded traitors by theyre former brethren.
    This is also a nice idea but you've got to be a bit careful with it. If groups of the dark angels suddenly defected, it would cause big problems for the chapter. For one, they'd have a lot of explaining to do to the Inquisition. Who would doubtless be of the opinion that, if groups of marines from the same chapter are going AWOL, there might be something wrong with the chapter itself.

One or two here and there is fine, but be careful with numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by P1p70r
    Although unknown to most of this 'chapter' the leaders and many of the Fallen angels that have been there much time have been corrupted by chaos and now seek to gain their own power by exploiting the fact that the majority of the fallen want edemption so badly they are willnig to do anything they belive will help them.
    Very nice.. This is pretty much what 40k Horusianism is supposed to be about. If you play with fire, you get burned. I like this touch.

Overall, it's a really cool idea, but as with all fallen fluff, you have to watch it a bit. Fallen are generally portrayed as reclusive loners hiding from a chapter which will do anything to hunt them down. Armies, while possible, are a bit out of character. However, I see no problem with this idea.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; May 21st, 2006 at 02:10.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    281 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Nice idea.. Horusianism rules. However, they're going to have to be pretty naive to hold that belief very long, especially after meeting their parent chapter who would kick their own grandmothers to death if it meant learning the location of a fallen angel they could kill, let alone a whole group of them.

This is also a nice idea but you've got to be a bit careful with it. If groups of the dark angels suddenly defected, it would cause big problems for the chapter. For one, they'd have a lot of explaining to do to the Inquisition. Who would doubtless be of the opinion that, if groups of marines from the same chapter are going AWOL, there might be something wrong with the chapter itself.

One or two here and there is fine, but be careful with numbers.

Very nice.. This is pretty much what 40k Horusianism is supposed to be about. If you play with fire, you get burned. I like this touch.

Overall, it's a really cool idea, but as with all fallen fluff, you have to watch it a bit. Fallen are generally portrayed as reclusive loners hiding from a chapter which will do anything to hunt them down. Armies, while possible, are a bit out of character. However, I see no problem with this idea.
    The amounts that defect are only the odd one or two here and there (My army will include one or at max 2 squads of about 6-8 of them) It is just a base idea for me to build on to keep me busy till next wednesday (Birthday) so i can build up this army. I think i will drop the redemption stuff to an exten and say they are searching for the lost primarch, believing that he will lead them to victory and redeem theyre place as loyal dark angels.

Thank you for your suggestions and i'm glad that you like the idea. I first got the idea when i looked at the dark angel space marine models (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...195&orignav=10) and fell in love with them, and all this, including my starting of a chaos army, started today >.<
    Thanks again.

~R1p70r~
    Rork: In the dark future of the 41st millennium there is only friendship.
    Fenrir: and magic.
    Kaiser-: My Little Chaos Marine, Friendship is Heresy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like a great Lost and the Damned army using Imperial Guardsmen as the main force and Fallen Angels as the HQ "Aspiring Champion" choices. That'd also help in keeping the numbers problem in check by keeping only about 1 or 2 Fallen in an army, but keeping them as the central figures.

You can find enough humans in the galaxy for a very large army. Chaos turns whole regiments all the time, after all.

+ Reply to Thread